or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 - Page 25  

post #361 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

A CAD file for Grado cups. I've been meaning to finally learn how to use Solidworks to do just that.

When I'm finished tweaking it a little bit, I'll post a Dropbox link for the file so any and everyone can peruse it. You will need SW14 in order to view each step, though if someone just wants to make some, I'll post the machine file.
post #362 of 522

Hey, is it too late to join this meet? If not, i can/will bring my setup: 

 

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Music Server running Windows 8.1, jRiver Media Center 19, Schiit Bifrost, Schiit Lyr2,  Grado SR-352is

 

Also, should i leave the Adam A3x nearfield monitors at home :)

 

Gary

post #363 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

When I'm finished tweaking it a little bit, I'll post a Dropbox link for the file so any and everyone can peruse it. You will need SW14 in order to view each step, though if someone just wants to make some, I'll post the machine file.

That would be amazing, thanks!
post #364 of 522

 

 

Part File (Solidworks 2014 required) -- Use this to see steps necessary to create the model, and tweak to your liking:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm30yr8j8kb8dg3/GradoV2.SLDPRT

 

STL File -- Use this for output to 3D printer, cannot be modified in SW:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkjz2naia01v836/GradoV2.STL

 

edit: I don't care if anybody shares, modifies or rehosts this, I just ask for credit when credit is due. :)


Edited by sub50hz - 6/13/14 at 1:47pm
post #365 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayandjohn View Post
 

Here is another way to look at the equipment that folks plan to bring... by type and model of equipment.  This will help someone who attends specifically to audition a particular piece of equipment... it tells who plans to bring that item.

 

This is current through the listing in the third post of this thread (updated today)... if I get a chance I will update with new additions that come in after today.

 

 

Awesome format edit of my list. Thanks for doing that! Looks much better this way haha

post #366 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcopter159 View Post
 

Awesome format edit of my list. Thanks for doing that! Looks much better this way haha


Yeah... Excel makes anyone look like an expert! Thanks!

post #367 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfLeonard View Post

Hey, is it too late to join this meet? If not, i can/will bring my setup: 

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Music Server running Windows 8.1, jRiver Media Center 19, Schiit Bifrost, Schiit Lyr2,  Grado SR-352is

Also, should i leave the Adam A3x nearfield monitors at home smily_headphones1.gif

Gary

Come on out. Even if we run out of space, (which I hope we do) we will find room. I am working with one more vendor to come out and hopefully I will be able to announce it later this weekend. Peter from HiFiMAN did confirm that Jude is coming.
post #368 of 522
Thread Starter 
The room layout should be the same as last year with 18 six foot tables with 2 chairs at a table. The vendors will take up a few of the tables so will need to have 2 setups to a table. This year I will be very light as I am sure Billy will be.

1 week to go.!!!!!!
post #369 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post


Come on out. Even if we run out of space, (which I hope we do) we will find room. I am working with one more vendor to come out and hopefully I will be able to announce it later this weekend. Peter from HiFiMAN did confirm that Jude is coming.


Do we know yet whether he's bringing the Schiit along?

post #370 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post


Do we know yet whether he's bringing the Schiit along?

I did not talk with him. All I know is what he posted, which is mostly portable gear. The last time he was here, it tied into other commitments so something like the Schiit would be awfully difficult to deal with, especially if he came in other than by car.
Edited by Audio Addict - 6/13/14 at 8:24pm
post #371 of 522

I still haven't managed to sell my AD2000, so I'll be bringing those. I really want to compare them to the PS500.

post #372 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 

I still haven't managed to sell my AD2000, so I'll be bringing those. I really want to compare them to the PS500.

 

I saw yesterday Grado Labs released a new "e" series of their headphone line replacing the "i" line.  http://www.gradolabs.com/

 

Tweak Studio (Arnold Matinez, owner) is a Grado Labs dealer and I talked with him yesterday.  He isn't 100% sure but he will try and see if he can get a pair of the new "e" series in.  When he asked for a suggestion, I threw out the time tested RS1e http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones/reference-series/item/6-rs1e

 

Arnold will be in the room across the hall as he was last year with his ever increasing all things headphones, which he says is because of the first ChiUniFi he attended 2 years ago.  


Edited by Audio Addict - 6/15/14 at 4:51am
post #373 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post
 

 

I saw yesterday Grado Labs released a new "e" series of their headphone line replacing the "i" line.  http://www.gradolabs.com/

 

Tweak Studio (Arnold Matinez, owner) is a Grado Labs dealer and I talked with him yesterday.  He isn't 100% sure but he will try and see if he can get a pair of the new "e" series in.  When he asked for a suggestion, I threw out the time tested RS1e http://www.gradolabs.com/headphones/reference-series/item/6-rs1e

 

Arnold will be in the room across the hall as he was last year with his ever increasing all things headphones, which he says is because of the first ChiUniFi he attended 2 years ago.  

 

Hmm, 

Grado has been quiet for a while, good to hear they are coming out with something new. Anyone know what they did on this new "e" series? 

post #374 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
 

 

Hmm, 

Grado has been quiet for a while, good to hear they are coming out with something new. Anyone know what they did on this new "e" series?

Both the Grado website and news sites are rather vague...

 

Quote:
 

From the outside, you won’t notice much different about Grado’s new e Series headphone lineup. The whole gang, from the bargain-priced SR60e headphones ($80) to the top-of-the-line PS1000e professional headphones ($1,700), look pretty much the same as their predecessors. They’ve all got the same classic look, and they’re still all open-backed, made more for listening at home than in public.

But on the inside, it’s a different story. Grado has tinkered with all the materials and components in order to squeeze every last drop of sonic fidelity out of its new line. They’ve redesigned the housings, changing the way the wood in each headphone is cut and cured in order to make the sound quality more consistent.

Grado says the new woodwork helps keep resonance from interfering with each driver. The interplay between the neodymium magnets and the voice coils in each headphone has also been tweaked, and the company is using stronger, lighter glue in its new cans.

Haven't yet found any reports of comparative listening.

 

(Oh, and their website DID dispense of "Ms. Grado," the lady on my avatar listening, enraptured, to the PS500s.)


Edited by ruthieandjohn - 6/15/14 at 6:41am
post #375 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 

I still haven't managed to sell my AD2000, so I'll be bringing those. I really want to compare them to the PS500.

I'll be bringing some PS500s!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014