or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 - Page 18  

post #256 of 522

Agreed. I'll be grabbing a hotel nearby. Looking on Priceline there are plenty nearby that have decent rates.

post #257 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

Agreed. I'll be grabbing a hotel nearby. Looking on Priceline there are plenty nearby that have decent rates.

Could you post some of the available nearby hotels? Thanks
post #258 of 522

Red Roof, Motel 6, Park Place, Hilton Northbrook, Crowne Plaza, Super 8, Comfort Inn, and Hyatt are all within 5 miles. Within 6 you have Marriott, Howthorn Suites and Holiday Inn Express as well.

post #259 of 522
Note: On priceline, the 3.5 stars will have a refrigerator and the 3 stars won't.
post #260 of 522

For anyone who feels like trusting me (I've been around here awhile), I have my apartment all to myself for the first 8 weeks of summer. I'd be willing to offer you a place to stay with a fridge, cold beers, food, and a really nice LCD-3/Fully-Balanced Tube setup to listen to (if you get really desperate). It would be considerably cheaper than a hotel too :)

 

Also, my porta-rig is gone, but on the upside, I have a pair of Focal Spirit Pros that people can compare to the NAD VISO HP50s.

 

Kojaku


Edited by Kojaku - 6/1/14 at 4:02pm
post #261 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

Note: On priceline, the 3.5 stars will have a refrigerator and the 3 stars won't.

 

Well, I can't speak for others, but my only requirements are a place to sleep and wash in a clean environment. I'm not worried about things like fridges or microwaves since I'll just be arriving Friday and heading back home Saturday.

 

Also, while I'm here, may as well post a few items I'll have with me. Beyer T1, Denon AH-D600, KEF M500, V-Moda XS and Geek Out (whichever versions I get in time for the meet). Assuming they don't sell beforehand, the Denon, KEF and V-Moda will be available for purchase if there's a sale table; and they'll be cheaper than what I have listed in the for-sale thread since there's no shipping/paypal costs this way.

post #262 of 522

Also, if anyone is actually interested in staying with me and having a comfortable full-size bed all to themselves, just PM me.

 

Kojaku

post #263 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post
 

For anyone who feels like trusting me (I've been around here awhile), I have my apartment all to myself for the first 8 weeks of summer. I'd be willing to offer you a place to stay with a fridge, cold beers, food, and a really nice LCD-3/Fully-Balanced Tube setup to listen to (if you get really desperate). It would be considerably cheaper than a hotel too :)

 

Also, my porta-rig is gone, but on the upside, I have a pair of Focal Spirit Pros that people can compare to the NAD VISO HP50s.

 

Kojaku

 

Psh, I'm not even 40 minutes from Northbrook and I would still take this offer.

post #264 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post

Psh, I'm not even 40 minutes from Northbrook and I would still take this offer.

You still can. We can have an audio sleepover.

Kojaku
post #265 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku View Post

You still can. We can have an audio sleepover.

Kojaku

 

Stay up all night, swapping manly stories. And in the morning I'm making waffles.

 

post #266 of 522

Waffles, beer, LCD3s? Shoot, let's party (I'll bring some homebrew).

post #267 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb View Post
 

I was thinking of bringing my fisher stereo tube amp and trying it with the HE-6.  would you be receptive to that?  I've been wanting to see how it would perform with the HE6

 

sure no prob.

post #268 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post
 

Waffles, beer, LCD3s? Shoot, let's party (I'll bring some homebrew).

 

I ordered the gallon of coffee, water and soda for the event but you 3 will probably drink a gallon of coffee by yourselves:D

post #269 of 522

Fortunately, as I get on in age it's easier to party and not be a total waste of humanity the next day. Couple Advil, couple eggs, get back to work.

post #270 of 522

Every time I go to a party, I buy a big Gatorade or one of those tall Arizona Teas to drink before I go to sleep. It seems to help. 

Hydrate!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014