or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 - Page 15  

post #211 of 522

Nice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
 

I have a pair with 2 cables, 1/4" and 4 pin XLR

 

It'll be fun to listen to the He-500 next to the 560 and/or the 400i assuming those will be there with Fang.  From reading through it looks like this event is going to be a whole lot of fun.

 

I've been contemplating selling my Mjolnir and getting an Audio GD NFB-28, if I do so I will bring it....ofcourse unless someone else already has one that they are bringing, then I'm probably better off just waiting and hearing it there.  I need to talk to Ray and see what he plans on bringing, I got to hear his Dark Star last month and was completely blown away.  He's the man...!

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
post #212 of 522

I'm not sure if I can make it or not. Won't know until that week. I'd love to compare my K701 with K712.

post #213 of 522

I may or may not have an HE500. My original plan with my gear purge was to buy an HE500, but since replacing my AD2000's drivers, I've been smitten with their admittedly wonky sound. Also, I see I'm not on the OP (I might have only chimed in on the previous thread) so add me please! List of gear I'll be bringing:

 

ZMF x Vibro (I should have a pair made of Tigre Caspi wood by then)

Audio Technica AD2000 (I'm still conflicted about this. I may or may not have it, but I'll probably be keeping it)

Stax Lambda Pro and SR-202 and SRM-252 (I'm 50% sure I'll have them. They're supposed to be shipped early next month, but communication has been flaky)

Hifiman HM700+RE600

Audio-GD SA-31

Gamma2

OPPO PM-2 if they stay on schedule

I'm supposed to get an HAD AudioLab Maestral III to review but they haven't gotten the review unit back so that's quite iffy.

 

Does anyone want me to bring anything else in my profile?

post #214 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Does anyone want me to bring anything else in my profile?

K271 please. (Would like to compare it with my K340.)
post #215 of 522
Okay! I'm quite interested in the comparison myself as I've been after the K340 but have never gotten around to it. I'll also bring the K4 if I can find an enclosure for it.
post #216 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

 

Does anyone want me to bring anything else in my profile?

 

 

Maybe the SR80s -- I'd like to A/B my modded pair against a stock pair (though mine are SR80i, but I digress). I'm still in the process of soldering up some stuff, and ordering parts for my FPGA DAC project (probably won't be complete, but if I end up with a working protoboard I will bring it) so I'm not sure what all I am going to bring yet. For sure the PC, which will be running Win8.1, OSX 10.9.2 and whatever Linux of the week I feel like. Will load up a VM if anyone has a request, and feel free to test your equipment with any configuration.

post #217 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Okay! I'm quite interested in the comparison myself as I've been after the K340 but have never gotten around to it. I'll also bring the K4 if I can find an enclosure for it.


I've heard the K340's and it's definitely a nice headphone! My kind of sound, very smooth and sultry.  One of those headphones that sticks with you.


Edited by zach915m - 5/26/14 at 10:25pm
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
post #218 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post


I've heard the K340's and it's definitely a nice headphone! My kind of sound, very smooth and sultry.  One of those headphones that sticks with you.

I've been on the verge of buying a pair numerous (at least five) times but the variability of different pairs scares me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz View Post


Maybe the SR80s -- I'd like to A/B my modded pair against a stock pair (though mine are SR80i, but I digress). I'm still in the process of soldering up some stuff, and ordering parts for my FPGA DAC project (probably won't be complete, but if I end up with a working protoboard I will bring it) so I'm not sure what all I am going to bring yet. For sure the PC, which will be running Win8.1, OSX 10.9.2 and whatever Linux of the week I feel like. Will load up a VM if anyone has a request, and feel free to test your equipment with any configuration.

Oh shoot I must have skipped that when updating my profile but I don't have it anymore sorry!
post #219 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

Nice! Do you know if you had them terminated the same as Audeze mini xlr's? What kind of cable do you have?

Yes, they are terminated the same the Audeze. In short cables, I have a Wireworld Eclipse with dual 3 pin Wire world xlr. The other is a WY wires prototype terminated single ended.
post #220 of 522

I'll see you guys there!

 

I'll bring:

 

  • Astell&Kern AK240
  • Chord Hugo
  • Fostex HP-V1
  • Fostex HP-A4

 

I'm packing very light, but will bring more if I have room for more.

post #221 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

I'll see you guys there!

I'll bring:
  • Astell&Kern AK240
  • Chord Hugo
  • Fostex HP-V1
  • Fostex HP-A4

I'm packing very light, but will bring more if I have room for more.

Cool Jude.
post #222 of 522

post #223 of 522

very hip logo.  lets make T's!!!

post #224 of 522
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post
 

 

Cool added it to the first post and will post a link on facebook to the logo.  Thanks Justin.

post #225 of 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post
 

When:  June 21, 2014

 

Where:  Willow Room

            Sheraton Chicago Northbrook

            1110 Willow Rd
            Northbrook, US 60062

 

Time:    10 to 4

 

 

Vendors:

Ray Samuels Audio

HiFiMan

Mr. Speakers

ZMF Headphones

Tweak Studio

On Song Audio Distribution

Essential Audio

PS Audio

 

Raffle Supporters

Ray Samuels Audio

HiFiMan

Mr. Speaker

ZMF Headphones

LH Labs

Aurisonics

Double Helix Cables

Allnic Audio

WyWires

Essential Audio / iFi Audio

SoundStageDirect

Black Cat Cables

 

Attendees: = 33

Audio Addict

roflcopter159

Todd R

Skylab +1

FraGGleR

Claritas

jackhamm

jibzilla

ScuderiaHeadFi

diphaloraptor

Keithpgdrb

ninaphexed +2

Kojaku

superjawes

cogitoergosam

ogodei

jonbernard

saedrin

subsonic1050

james93 +1

ThePianoMan

sub50hz

buson160man

VTHokie83

Roscoeiii

AxelCloris

LB1947

jude

Ishcabible


 I do not see dubstep girl among the attendees.  I hope she comes again this year with her woo amps.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014