FS: Sennefied Grado Hybrid Headphones in Wooden Padauk Cups
Will Ship To: Anywhere
~~I'd like to offer a pair of hybrid headphones for sale.
I've finished this second Grado / Sennheiser hybrid project. This is the last pair of hybrids I'll be selling as I fully intend to keep two pair for my personal listening use.
So, what are these things about? They're basically the skeleton of a Grado headphone. However, there's a bit of a twist as the drivers are actually 47mm Sennheiser PX100 drivers designed to run in an open ear cup configuration.
What basically happens in this "mash up" of a scenario? After owning many models of Grado headphones as well as Magnum-based Grados with ver. 3.5, ver 4, and the newest X drivers, I think this combination was stumbled upon and for good reason. The bass has good definition and the upper frequencies are detailed, but not over-bearing. The mids have a great presence with these headphones. These headphones are very efficient and easy to drive. While I normally always use a headphone amp to drive my headphones, the efficiency of these headphones is such that using a standard iPod would drive them sufficiently - within reason as one wouldn't want to push the volume too far to injure your hearing, nor to have the volume so high that distortion is introduced and the drivers face the potential from damage due to the distortion.
- Padauk custom wooden cups that were custom finished to offer more of a brown tint to enhance the grain and make the finish appear a bit less orange than typical Padauk appears. A coat of satin poly was applied to the exterior surface of the cups.
- I was able to locate a tighter weave mesh which is covering the driver opening at the end of the cup. This mesh offers a different appearance than the other type which is typically created from metal mesh letter holders. This mesh is just as strong - if not stronger and offers a more distinct appearance.
- A much softer Auvio headband with adequate foam amounts for longer listening sessions.
- The headband prevents the typical Grado cable twists because the headband has fixed gimbals to prevent swivel from occuring.
- 6 foot custom Canare Star Quad headphone cable covered in a soft, black monofilament sheathing.
- A 1/4" Amphenol TRS Connector with Gold Conductors
- One pair of new / sealed Ear Zonk L-Cush ear pads.
Price:SOLDSOLD. This includes USPS Priority Mail shipping and insurance within the continental United States. The headphones will be carefully packed for safe delivery to the new owner. Delivery confirmation / tracking number will be provided. PayPal Fees: These are covered by me. No need to pay additional amounts or send gift payments.
** The lovely Woo Audio headphone stand in the photos is not a part of this package, unfortunately.
Edited by wje - 8/1/14 at 2:25pm