Waiting for Google to approve the video....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on 7/29/15 at 11:24am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No, because I am sending the unit out to the guys on my web site for the review. I was in the beta testing group so I don't think I should also review it. The video will show what comes in the retail box, a close-up look at the PM-1 and how it looks when worn.
To Edwood, right?
Thought he said something about it :]
A few lines would be nice, yeah...
Not if the headphones are different from the beta units that are already in the hands of the beta testers. If the sound, fit, finish, etc are different, and he did not have the opportunity to really listen to them prior to forwarding them to his reviewer, then the comments he will have will not be accurate for the PM-1 that everyone else will eventually be listening to.
HiFiGuy and I were in the Beta test group. Oppo is sending us final retail versions. I'm waiting for the NDA to be lifted to comment.
Very interesting sneak-peek at the drivers when Mike took the earpad off. It looks almost like a dynamic driver enclosure on top of the planar magnetic tranducer; are the tracing patterns concentric circles (similar to old ortho designs) instead of serpentine (what T50RP / hifiman / audeze / abyss use)?
As was I. I also am waiting on the NDA lift before I comment further. I received mine yesterday.
- Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD600 as Triple.Fi home alternative 1 second ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › imod overrated? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is... 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones that imitate full sized speakers? 8 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3