- 14,366 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using an HDphone extension cord with the PM-1? Last post on 9/5/14 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Free Update for PM-1 owners, - Treble boost Last post on 8/2/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 HEADPHONES: IMPRESSIONS OF A LONG-TIME OPPO FAN (Now with photos) Last post on 8/3/14 at 8:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Impression: Oppo Find 7 and Oppo N1's Stock earphones Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on 8/4/14 at 2:32am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But, the fact that these orthos are being voiced to not sound hard is a great news. If you can get good results from a dap or iphone type device, I may be sold!
My dining table audio laboratory now includes the HD650, a Resonnessence Concero, a Beresford Bushmaster MkII, and a Schiit Vali.
(I cannot respond to any questions regarding the HA-1.)
I'll be leaning towards the 560 for now but I'll reserve my final judgement for when there are more impressions.
think that was a serious question man
kinda surprised by that coz every planar magnetic i've heard didn't sound all that open
That only makes me more interested in the TH500RP considering from what I heard the TH900 was very very open sounding, more than any other closed I've heard - more open than the HE500 and LCD2 to me.
I'd say that the TH500RP, HE560 and PM-1 are all on my wishlist for audition and I'm very keen on one of the three. Not considering Audeze as they were not comfortable enough for me. The PM-1 makes me very very interested considering they sound like they a bit darker.
okay tho i've only heard open backed planar magnetic cans anyways
Now that the PM-1 is out. Let's start our listening impressions and appreciation comments here. The original thread is crazy long and may be hard for new to Head-Fi members to learn about how this headphone sounds.
Warning: Spoiler! - Wow (Click to show)
**** Update ****
Very nice presentation, packaging, the wooden box and the headphones. You just don't feel like taking them out, I would be careful not to scratch them. I was also surprised how small they look compared to other planar designs I have seen. I can certainly warm up to them. Calling it useable for mobile devices presuppose that they are portable, to me, that might be stretching a little even if they look attractive. They still look bulky for commuting, but amazing for home or office use.
Thanks Mike for the quick unboxing video.
- Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 31 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Aune S16 dac and headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)