- 13,870 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Battle of the Modern Planars: LCD-X vs PM-1 vs HE-560 Last post on Yesterday at 6:27 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Oppo PM-1 Headphones Available For Demonstration | London, UK Last post on 6/4/14 at 8:19am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- It's June 2014 and I am waiting for OPPO PM-2 Availability Last post on 6/6/14 at 2:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- TOTL HP Shootout: OPPO PM-1, HD800, LCD2.2, T1, HE500, Fostex TH900, HD650, HD600 Last post on 6/22/14 at 4:26am in Portable Source Gear
- Best amp for OPPO PM-1 Last post on 6/5/14 at 7:15am in High-end Audio Forum
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But, the fact that these orthos are being voiced to not sound hard is a great news. If you can get good results from a dap or iphone type device, I may be sold!
My dining table audio laboratory now includes the HD650, a Resonnessence Concero, a Beresford Bushmaster MkII, and a Schiit Vali.
(I cannot respond to any questions regarding the HA-1.)
I'll be leaning towards the 560 for now but I'll reserve my final judgement for when there are more impressions.
think that was a serious question man
kinda surprised by that coz every planar magnetic i've heard didn't sound all that open
That only makes me more interested in the TH500RP considering from what I heard the TH900 was very very open sounding, more than any other closed I've heard - more open than the HE500 and LCD2 to me.
I'd say that the TH500RP, HE560 and PM-1 are all on my wishlist for audition and I'm very keen on one of the three. Not considering Audeze as they were not comfortable enough for me. The PM-1 makes me very very interested considering they sound like they a bit darker.
okay tho i've only heard open backed planar magnetic cans anyways
Now that the PM-1 is out. Let's start our listening impressions and appreciation comments here. The original thread is crazy long and may be hard for new to Head-Fi members to learn about how this headphone sounds.
Warning: Spoiler! - Wow (Click to show)
**** Update ****
Very nice presentation, packaging, the wooden box and the headphones. You just don't feel like taking them out, I would be careful not to scratch them. I was also surprised how small they look compared to other planar designs I have seen. I can certainly warm up to them. Calling it useable for mobile devices presuppose that they are portable, to me, that might be stretching a little even if they look attractive. They still look bulky for commuting, but amazing for home or office use.
Thanks Mike for the quick unboxing video.
- Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 50 seconds ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Best amp/dac for HD 650s? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)