- 15,550 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 5/11/15 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Today at 9:38 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But, the fact that these orthos are being voiced to not sound hard is a great news. If you can get good results from a dap or iphone type device, I may be sold!
My dining table audio laboratory now includes the HD650, a Resonnessence Concero, a Beresford Bushmaster MkII, and a Schiit Vali.
(I cannot respond to any questions regarding the HA-1.)
I'll be leaning towards the 560 for now but I'll reserve my final judgement for when there are more impressions.
think that was a serious question man
kinda surprised by that coz every planar magnetic i've heard didn't sound all that open
That only makes me more interested in the TH500RP considering from what I heard the TH900 was very very open sounding, more than any other closed I've heard - more open than the HE500 and LCD2 to me.
I'd say that the TH500RP, HE560 and PM-1 are all on my wishlist for audition and I'm very keen on one of the three. Not considering Audeze as they were not comfortable enough for me. The PM-1 makes me very very interested considering they sound like they a bit darker.
okay tho i've only heard open backed planar magnetic cans anyways
Now that the PM-1 is out. Let's start our listening impressions and appreciation comments here. The original thread is crazy long and may be hard for new to Head-Fi members to learn about how this headphone sounds.
Warning: Spoiler! - Wow (Click to show)
**** Update ****
Very nice presentation, packaging, the wooden box and the headphones. You just don't feel like taking them out, I would be careful not to scratch them. I was also surprised how small they look compared to other planar designs I have seen. I can certainly warm up to them. Calling it useable for mobile devices presuppose that they are portable, to me, that might be stretching a little even if they look attractive. They still look bulky for commuting, but amazing for home or office use.
Thanks Mike for the quick unboxing video.
- Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 24 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado 325e vs Yamaha MT220 vs ATH-MSR7 comfort and is crispness the... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3