- 14,934 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productOPPO PM-1tagged by jazzfan, 4/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 2/13/15 at 9:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze EL-8 Impressions Thread Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program Last post on Yesterday at 2:32 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread - Page 9
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
But, the fact that these orthos are being voiced to not sound hard is a great news. If you can get good results from a dap or iphone type device, I may be sold!
My dining table audio laboratory now includes the HD650, a Resonnessence Concero, a Beresford Bushmaster MkII, and a Schiit Vali.
(I cannot respond to any questions regarding the HA-1.)
I'll be leaning towards the 560 for now but I'll reserve my final judgement for when there are more impressions.
think that was a serious question man
kinda surprised by that coz every planar magnetic i've heard didn't sound all that open
That only makes me more interested in the TH500RP considering from what I heard the TH900 was very very open sounding, more than any other closed I've heard - more open than the HE500 and LCD2 to me.
I'd say that the TH500RP, HE560 and PM-1 are all on my wishlist for audition and I'm very keen on one of the three. Not considering Audeze as they were not comfortable enough for me. The PM-1 makes me very very interested considering they sound like they a bit darker.
okay tho i've only heard open backed planar magnetic cans anyways
Now that the PM-1 is out. Let's start our listening impressions and appreciation comments here. The original thread is crazy long and may be hard for new to Head-Fi members to learn about how this headphone sounds.
Warning: Spoiler! - Wow (Click to show)
**** Update ****
Very nice presentation, packaging, the wooden box and the headphones. You just don't feel like taking them out, I would be careful not to scratch them. I was also surprised how small they look compared to other planar designs I have seen. I can certainly warm up to them. Calling it useable for mobile devices presuppose that they are portable, to me, that might be stretching a little even if they look attractive. They still look bulky for commuting, but amazing for home or office use.
Thanks Mike for the quick unboxing video.
- Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 17 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 48 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3