Hello everyone at Head-FI,
So I have decided to buy my first pair of decent headphones, the best quality I've owned are creative fatal1ty mkII. I recently tried out my sisters beats solo hd's and my dads Bose OE2 and they sounded amazing (at least compared to what I've used so far). I know with those headphones your paying a lot for the brand and not actually quality so I figured I'd ask you guys.
I will mostly wear these outside on campus, in the library, or studying in student center. I'd like something that has decent noise isolation to drown out all the noise of the outside world. A big factor is also how much noise the headphones leak out because I'd rather not disturb someone in the library. So closed ear is going to be a must, I will be carrying them around my neck most of the time so i'd like something that's not very large kinda like the v-moda m80, MDR-1R, or DT1350. I'd like to have something with a solid build the beats solo hd's feel like they will crumble at at any moment when I hold them.
I will be running them off my phone or my computer.
* Solid build quality (not cheap like beats solo hd's)
* Decent isolation and little to no noise leak (closed ear, used outside, in library, and in student center)
* Comfortable for at least 2-4 hours
* Clear sound, good mids, decent-good bass (Mostly used for pop, rock, alt, techno)
* Somewhat small-med design (used around campus, carried around neck)
* If possible I'd like one with a removable cord from the headphones themselves
My budget under $200 and I'm fine with buying it used.
Thank you, I appreciate your suggestions