or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) - Page 10

post #136 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

Subbed! Looking forward to reading those first impressions Vlenbo!

I'm glad you are, also, I did post some impressions at the top of this thread!

 

 

I should have avoided writing review in my title...but thanks to you, I fixed it. Thanks!

post #137 of 793

I'm looking towards the lower end of the new line, the CKR5's. Wonder how they will sound and fit. Can't afford the CKR9's and the like.:p

 

Has anyone been able to find reviews or pictures of the new line up?

 

Thanks to Vlenbo, for the pictures and review/impressions on the CKR's. Game me an idea how the CKR5's would fit, wonder if they are smaller or larger, etc.

post #138 of 793

CKR 5 sounds very tempting to try....only 46$ @ cd japan

post #139 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

I'm looking towards the lower end of the new line, the CKR5's. Wonder how they will sound and fit. Can't afford the CKR9's and the like.:p

 

Has anyone been able to find reviews or pictures of the new line up?

 

Thanks to Vlenbo, for the pictures and review/impressions on the CKR's. Game me an idea how the CKR5's would fit, wonder if they are smaller or larger, etc.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujitsky View Post
 

CKR 5 sounds very tempting to try....only 46$ @ cd japan

Someone from kakaku said that it was a joy to purchase, it beats most earphones in its price range. You guys might want to buy it, unless you would like a headfier to review those.

post #140 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

 

 

Someone from kakaku said that it was a joy to purchase, it beats most earphones in its price range. You guys might want to buy it, unless you would like a headfier to review those.

temptation is too strong but will hold off for a bit ...don't know how much playtime these would get with my other cans :gs1000smile:

post #141 of 793

Good point. 

 

 

 

Also, here are some cons I just figured out regarding the ckr9s (thanks to a reviewer at kakaku)

 

 

Cons: Mids might sound just a tad recessed (kakaku user didn't mention that)

         However, he did mention something about unnatural treble. (He's right actually) there is a problem with the middle treble, where it may sound a bit muffled or lack finesse of the upper and lower highs. Seriously audio technica, you are losing business because of this. 

         Bass impact isn't as strong as I'd like, but that's all the cons I found.


Edited by vlenbo - 5/2/14 at 5:22pm
post #142 of 793
Thanks vlenbo for writing that up. Seems I will be happy when it arrives.
post #143 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Thanks vlenbo for writing that up. Seems I will be happy when it arrives.

You're welcome!

 

I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the ckr10s in your collection. Hopefully the treble issue is resolved with that version, but I have a hunch that this weird mid-treble muddling sound's remedy is a tip-roll.

 

 

Either way, it's not that annoying to be honest, it only makes the ckr9 lag slightly behind the sony xba-h3s, but other than that, the xba-h3s only has a bit more clarity than these ckr9s in mids and highs, but the ckr9 wins in bass for sure. So if I say that about the ckr9s, I wonder...

 

how you and Ds will feel about the ckr10's signature! Hope you enjoy those iems.

 

 

Time for me to focus on work now, have a good day everyone!

post #144 of 793
Hi-nice review vlenbo! The pictures are helpful, makes me wonder about fit. I know you didn't have any problem with it, I tend to have a problem with AT phones and the chambers they use. The IM70, for instance, or the old IK, which I have a heck of a time getting to seal and sit comfortably. I'm beginning to realize I do better with the no chamber iems (Doppio, Heaven V, Etymotic Research). Westone is a bit of an exception, but the chamber is actually designed with the ear pinna in mind. Wondering if others have the same response to AT (JVC chambers aren't much better) design. Does sound like a good sounding iem, though. The review does make them tempting, but I'm hesitant, for the above reasons.
post #145 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Good point. 

 

 

 

Also, here are some cons I just figured out (thanks to a reviewer at kakaku)

 

 

Cons: Mids might sound just a tad recessed (kakaku user didn't mention that)

         However, he did mention something about unnatural treble. (He's right actually) there is a problem with the middle treble, where it may sound a bit muffled or lack finesse of the upper and lower highs. Seriously audio technica, you are losing business because of this. 

         Bass impact isn't as strong as I'd like, but that's all the cons I found.

So would the CKR5's be a good or bad purchase? Or is that middle treble problem more towards the CKR9? As for bass impact, that's fine for me, don't really need a lot of bass, due to to much of it can cause headaches.

post #146 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Hi-nice review vlenbo! The pictures are helpful, makes me wonder about fit. I know you didn't have any problem with it, I tend to have a problem with AT phones and the chambers they use. The IM70, for instance, or the old IK, which I have a heck of a time getting to seal and sit comfortably. I'm beginning to realize I do better with the no chamber iems (Doppio, Heaven V, Etymotic Research). Westone is a bit of an exception, but the chamber is actually designed with the ear pinna in mind. Wondering if others have the same response to AT (JVC chambers aren't much better) design. Does sound like a good sounding iem, though. The review does make them tempting, but I'm hesitant, for the above reasons.

Thanks doctor jazz! I'm glad those pictures were insightful to how comfy they may be.

 

These aren't hard to sit comfortably, the im02s aka the imxx series are though...

 

so if these fit me, they should fit you since I had a similar fit problem with the im02. 

 

I'll say this

 

It fits better than the im02, which also uses a similar housing shape like the im70.

 

Those im02s were tough to get a great fit for that lack of bass sometimes...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

So would the CKR5's be a good or bad purchase? Or is that middle treble problem more towards the CKR9? As for bass impact, that's fine for me, don't really need a lot of bass, due to to much of it can cause headaches.

 

Sorry, my comment targeted the ckr9s.

 

I think it would be a safe purchase, someone from kakaku enjoyed it very much, saying that it punches above its price point. he hyped the heck out of it, lol!


Edited by vlenbo - 5/2/14 at 6:22pm
post #147 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Good point. 

 

 

 

Also, here are some cons I just figured out regarding the ckr9s (thanks to a reviewer at kakaku)

 

 

Cons: Mids might sound just a tad recessed (kakaku user didn't mention that)

         However, he did mention something about unnatural treble. (He's right actually) there is a problem with the middle treble, where it may sound a bit muffled or lack finesse of the upper and lower highs. Seriously audio technica, you are losing business because of this. 

         Bass impact isn't as strong as I'd like, but that's all the cons I found.


I would burn the snot out of em and see what happens..I bet that sound will open up with better treble. Haven't heard an AT phone yet that didn't improve with burn in. Especially dynamics.


Edited by Dsnuts - 5/2/14 at 5:39pm
post #148 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

Sorry, my comment targeted the ckr9s.

 

I think it would be a safe purchase, someone from kakaku enjoyed it very much, saying that it punches above its price point. he hyped the heck out of it, lol!

Ah. =D Where is a good place to get it though? It's either this, the TTpod T1 or the Ostry. :confused_face(1): Not sure which one to get.

post #149 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

Ah. =D Where is a good place to get it though? It's either this, the TTpod T1 or the Ostry. :confused_face(1): Not sure which one to get.

It's safer to purchase the ostry kc06. If I'm right, my description of the ckr9s are similar to the ostrys, but the ostrys may have better highs than the ckr9s.

 

You can definitely buy the ostrys without worries. Now if fit is an issue, the ckr5s may be just for you.

post #150 of 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

It's safer to purchase the ostry kc06. If I'm right, my description of the ckr9s are similar to the ostrys, but the ostrys may have better highs than the ckr9s.

 

You can definitely buy the ostrys without worries. Now if fit is an issue, the ckr5s may be just for you.

Yep. XD The fit is my main worry about the ostriches. The little hump that's on the IEM.

 

This one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/706595/lightbox/post/10487600/id/1084669

 

Thanks to the Ostry thread for this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)