Up for sale is an AMI Musik DS5 Headphone Amp. This amp has worked wonders with my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones. It truly brings out the best with those headphones and will do the same with many other models of headphones too! I've updated the firmware on the unit to the latest one. It is still in like new condition. I have all the original accessories (including the high end USB cable) and original box. If you're looking for a great high end DAC/Amp you've come to the right place.
Check out a review here:
Paypal for payments only. Free shipping to continental US addresses. Thanks for looking!
Looking for $475
With its digital-to-analog converter (DAC), standalone DAC and Headphone Amplifier supporting 2.8MHz (DSD64)/5.6MHz (DSD128), you will enjoy great audio experience. The AMI MUSIK DS5 supports 24bit/192kHz audio (24/192) in asynchronous mode-lossless audio of the same quality as HD audio master recordings.
Smart and compact size high end DAC and Headphone Amp implemented with the latest audio technologies.
The AMI MUSIK DS5 is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux and support both native DSD and DoP.
- DSD DAC and headphone amp supporting 2.8MHz (DSD64)/5.6MHz (DSD128)
- Standalone DAC support (with coaxial and optical input)
- Asynchronous USB operation: bit-perfect digital audio and low clock jitter.
- USB audio class 2 (up to 24bit/192kHz) and high-speed asynchronous mode: Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 (32bit/64bit) with special driver compatible with WDM/Direct X, ASIO 2.2 and WASAPI exclusive. Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above & Linux Kernel 2.6.37 and above (no driver install required).
- Suport native DSD and DoP
- Atmel SAM3 Cortex™-M3 microcontroller to supporting 24bit/192kHz, DSD64/DSD128 audio data
- Customized AMANERO Technologies COMBO384 USB 2.0 Audio Class solution supporting PCM 24bit/192kHz and DSD64/DSD128. This solution provides Mute/DSD out enable pin allowing to safely shifting between PCM and DSD.
- AMANERO firmware update manager allows updating possible future firmware via online.
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 (120dB, 192kHz multibit DAC) 120dB dynamic range, advanced segment DAC architecture supporting DSD64/DSD128 format and automatic mute algorithm.
- Wolfson WM8804 S/PDIF transceiver supporting advanced jitter attenuating PLL with low intrinsic period jitter of 50 ps RMS providing even best audio playback experience from external signal input.
- TI TPA6130A2 Stereo headphone amplifier for superior PCM and DSD signal playback via headphone (Max 16 Ω 138mW)
- Over voltage protection logic. In case of AMI MUSIK DS5 reaches 5.5V, the protection logic would activate to protect the DAC, and various IC.
- 2 W 1:1 input range, dual unregulated output, 1000 Vdc isolation, DC-DC converter
- High-efficiency analog power supply circuitry for supporting secondary rectification by linear regulator for isolating +/- 12V unregulated power generated from the +5V external power thoroughly blocking external intervention from analog power and providing clean, low energy, low heat DC power
- Dual line output mode support pure DAC mode (fixed gain) and preamp mode (variable gain, digital volume control)
- 20PPR Mechanical Encoders Quadrature 20-step encoder allowing control of On/Off power, volume control, DFU mode in/output.
- Power, digital volume control and sampling rate are indicated through LED.
- Fade in/out featured for switching mode and playback for your hearing protection.
- 5T aluminum front/top for anti-vibration
- LED for sample rate, input and output status, volume level and different settings indication.
Dimensions 150 x 40 x 140mm (W x H x D)
- USB HS 2.0 (USB Audio CLASS 2.0 / DSD over USB PCM token FA05 / PCM, DSD Native Stream)
- Support PCM 24bit 192kHz
- Support DSD 64 (2.8MHz) / DSD 128 (5.6MHz)
- Optical x 1EA (50Mbps/192kHz max / WM8804)
- Coaxial x 1EA (75Ω/192kHz max / WM8804)
- D/A converter: Cirrus Logic CS4398 (120dB, 192kHz Multi-Bit DAC)
- Dynamic range: 120dB A-Weighted (component spec)
- Signal noise ratio: 120dB A-Weighted (component spec)
- THD+N: 0.0005% (component spec)
- Supported PCM sampling rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Supported DSD SCLK frequency: DSD64 (2.8MHz) / DSD128 (5.6MHz)
- Matched PCM / DSD analog level out (2.2Vrms pair)
- 2 RCA x 1EA (2.2Vrms, gold plated RCA output)
- 6.3mm phone jack x 1EA (2Vrms max, gold plated 6.3 headphone jack output)
- Supported headphone impedance: 16-300Ω
- Output level: 150mW(16Ω loaded)
- Frequency response 20Hz~48kHz
- THD 0.02%@1kHz
- Type: 2.1mm DC Jack (external power input)
- Maximum input: 5VDC 3A
- Over voltage protection: 5.5VDC limit (shutdown operation)
Edited by Seegs108 - 3/30/14 at 9:20am
The following items are included with the “AMI MUSIK DS5″ package:
- AMI MUSIK DS5 x 1
- 5V 3A AC-DC Adaptor x 1
- Clickronic high end USB A male – USB cable (1.8m) x 1
- 3M bumpon x 4
- Quick start guide x 1
- Driver Installation & Manual CD-ROM