Hi everyone, I am going to be in Berlin next month and I am interested in a pair of new open headphones.
First of all I am really new to the Hifi world, I have recently purchase a gr07 BE for an IEM's and I absolutely love them and now I want something more stationary and comfortable.
After reading a lot of what kind of hp are the one for me, I got really confused so many choices.
- My budget is: 285$ - 430$ for an HeadPhone + AMP/DAC, I would really like to stay on the low side of it, maybe even by cans and dac now and the rest in the future.
- My listening sources are: Laptop with a ****ty sound card (70%), iPhone 4 (20%), iRiver IHP 120 (10%), Home theater receiver Pioneer vsx521. (By that order)
- Sound: I really love the sound of my gr07BE, I like their punchy bass and how warm they are, I would really like a warm headphones even more than the gr07BE with a strong bass impact and depth, I guess I can consider myself a bass head tough I don't want the bass to over power mids and highs, the gr07BE really does it for me, though i would like a bit more bass and sound stage, there for open cans.
- I usually listen to a variety of genres, but if I could rate them I would rate them like that:
1) Electronic ( Dubstep, Psytrance), 60%
2.1) Pop - Adele, Amy winhouse, 10 %
2.2) Rock ? Arctric monkeys, Kings of Leon 10%
3) Hiphop, r&b: Pharrel Williams 10%
4) Everything else ? reggae, vocals..( peggy lee) 10%
After reading so many topics I assume I have a direction of some sort.
1) Philips X1: They really fit the description of a good open bass headphones, and price wise they are the cheapest and they will probably won't need a very expensive amp/dac set (their price variant from 150-240$), cons: irreplaceable pads - looking for headphones to last a long time.
2) HD650: Alot of people recommend those and from what i read they can fit the description as well, cons: expensive right now and they an expensive amp/dac
3) DT 990 600ohm: could also fit, though they are really hard to push HP meaning an expensive amp/dac and I guess I can forget about using them with an iPhone without a portable amp.
Amp / Dac: I do need an amp + dac since my sound card is ****ty, I really want the HP to stay warm with a good bass impact with maintaining the balance of the mids and highs.
1) hd650 and DT660: o2 + odac or the Schiit Stack (Magni + Modi)
they are not cheap so if I do go for one of them i will have to settle in one part of them for now, though I not 100% sure since I heard they are really bright combos, and I don't want them to affect the HP this way. ( hurting the bass)
2) x1: I could go for something a lot more versatile and cheap like an e17 or aune T1 ?
Ok so first thank you for reading so far :) and second here come my questions:
1) What Do you think will be the best combo for considering all my needs and budget?
2) Any other recommendation other that what I wrote ?
3) In my country its hard to find anything to listen to or buy and even if we do have its very expensive.
so anyway I will probably be ordering threw Amazon or just buy them when I go to Berlin next month, So here comes another question, Do you guys know of any good places to try out this headphones/amp/dacs together? and of course buy if the price is right? I will be there for only the weekend so I won't have much time to search around so I do need a recommendation to where to go, maybe something in Alexa mall?
Any other comments will be appreciated, thank you.