New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM - Page 48

post #706 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


I agree with AnakChan in his assessment of the sig. SQ wise: excellent! I was sorely tempted. That much I'll say. smily_headphones1.gif

What stopped you from buying the ref 1 Kiats? LOL You have a lot of awesome gear, another one to add to the collection i think :D

 

Still want to know why you think they sound different from 334?

post #707 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Goodness me.. How the hell?

Lord knows. FADs always defied logic. It's also the fave phone of another good friend of mine. Wouldn't mind hearing either myself
post #708 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by wshinji View Post

What stopped you from buying the ref 1 Kiats? LOL You have a lot of awesome gear, another one to add to the collection i think biggrin.gif

Still want to know why you think they sound different from 334?

Haha! I have a ecosystem going with my Fitears, with a few customs and suite of cables. To get the ref 1 would require me to also have cables with different connectors. Hence, it warrants further thought.

As for the difference between the 334 and the Ref 1, I assume you referring to the TG? Anyway, the difference is quite simple: the bass in the Ref 1 is probably closer to the 335 with deeper impact. The trebles are extended and controlled. Cf: the trebles in the TG are extended but not as controlled whilst the MH has rolled off trebles. In terms of soundstage, the Ref 1 is wider than either of the 334s.

Hope that helps smily_headphones1.gif
post #709 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Soundfreaq... Now u have the lab1...how does the Ref1 compare?

 

Aww man! I can't answer things like that! Not sure they are even on a level to be able to even be compared. It's just such an incredibly different earphone. They share some similarities, but really are not at all alike. There's no way one could make up for the other. But they do both share one thing, and that is, it's hard to describe how they sound to those that have not heard it, as they bend the rules, and introduce new audio concepts we are just beginning to assign language to. 

 

So describing the differences on two earphones that have a hard time being described in the first place might get a bit confusing. Let's just say the Lab1 is pretty unique. Sounds like a Piano Forte, Heaven VI, and a FI-BA-SS scrunched up together and and matured and aged to perfection. 

 

The Ref. 1 has a larger soundstage, more robust bass, and has a bit more sparkle up top. Lab1 high end is a little more smoothed out, but in a natural way. Lab1 has more forward vocals/mids. The Lab1 would probably sound much more flat and lifeless at first compared to a Ref. 1 for most. But then once your brain latches on to that natural presentation, it starts to sing. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

SF told me that he started comparing his LAB to the Abyss lol. I would imagine it's pretty good. And only just

 

Indeed it it pretty good :p 

 

Obviously The Abyss and Lab1 will be incredibly different. I was taking it from a musical enjoyability perspective. That's the only thing that truly matters in the end. 


Edited by SoundFreaq - 6/11/14 at 4:56pm
post #710 of 1151
Wow thanks SF. Another one just got onto my list.. Good times ahead
post #711 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Wow thanks SF. Another one just got onto my list.. Good times ahead

Nazrin313, since the showcase is on Sunday 3-6, ponder popping over for a weekend trip. smily_headphones1.gif
post #712 of 1151
Sunday, 22 June. smily_headphones1.gif Let me know if you intend to come. Will look out for you.
post #713 of 1151
Kiats... No leave = no joy
post #714 of 1151
looking forward to listen ref 1.
will there be a queue system?

smily_headphones1.gif
post #715 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0904 View Post

looking forward to listen ref 1.
will there be a queue system?

smily_headphones1.gif

Heheh! I have no idea about the logistical details. Mayhaps a call to Jaben will provide you with an answer. smily_headphones1.gif
post #716 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Haha! I have a ecosystem going with my Fitears, with a few customs and suite of cables. To get the ref 1 would require me to also have cables with different connectors. Hence, it warrants further thought.

As for the difference between the 334 and the Ref 1, I assume you referring to the TG? Anyway, the difference is quite simple: the bass in the Ref 1 is probably closer to the 335 with deeper impact. The trebles are extended and controlled. Cf: the trebles in the TG are extended but not as controlled whilst the MH has rolled off trebles. In terms of soundstage, the Ref 1 is wider than either of the 334s.

Hope that helps smily_headphones1.gif

Now this is interesting. Do you in any way mean that bass on Ref1 is similar to that of the 335, and if so, in which aspects?

post #717 of 1151

I have be told that the bass in 335 is pretty heavy and strong. Esp compared with say bass on JH16s. 

post #718 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranhieu View Post

Now this is interesting. Do you in any way mean that bass on Ref1 is similar to that of the 335, and if so, in which aspects?

Deep and strong.
post #719 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Deep and strong.

 

But the bass decay of the two earphones are very different. Would be interesting to see the CSD plots of these two earphones.

post #720 of 1151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Deep and strong.

Cheers. I got the impression that the Ref is much faster than the 335 in the bass department? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: