New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM - Page 46

post #676 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
 

Gavin confirms Ref.1 stock is silver/gold cable.

Cool. You should love it.

post #677 of 1905

1+2 was the best universal I had experienced when I heard it. Hope to have the opportunity to hear these at some point. Nice to find out that Gavin has realized the benefits of his isobaric design.:ksc75smile: 

post #678 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

1+2 was the best universal I had experienced when I heard it. Hope to have the opportunity to hear these at some point. Nice to find out that Gavin has realized the benefits of his isobaric design.:ksc75smile: 

I think [isobaric design] is the core technology of the Ref.1 that makes it unique.

post #679 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

Lol... Tell me about it. It's torturous. But it will be worth it I'm quite sure.

Ref. 1 is even more analytical than the 1Plus2 only in a more subtle way IMHO.  

 

Ref.1 has a sweeter/richer mid that gives a better complement to the outstanding high that 1Plus2 possessed.  Initial impression that you might find the Ref.1 is less analytical than that of 1Plus2 because of such but you would find out later that it is not the case.  Vocals, male or female, are more palpable of the voice comes from their throat. 

 

The different layers of the low to super sub bass is where 1Plus2 no match to the Ref.1.  It's bass' texture is impeccable and I think AK240 is a super match to the Ref.1.

post #680 of 1905
Please don't say AK240!!! Lol... I am loving my zx1, but I am growing more curious each day about AK, Calyx, etc. I really don't see myself dropping money on a new player right now though. I'm still on my quest for my perfect IEM. I have tremendous hope for the Ref1.
post #681 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

Please don't say AK240!!! Lol... I am loving my zx1, but I am growing more curious each day about AK, Calyx, etc. I really don't see myself dropping money on a new player right now though. I'm still on my quest for my perfect IEM. I have tremendous hope for the Ref1.

There are no perfect IEMs bro..great yes...perfect? never.

 

Welcome to head fi..may your wallet rest in peace

post #682 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

Please don't say AK240!!! Lol... I am loving my zx1, but I am growing more curious each day about AK, Calyx, etc. I really don't see myself dropping money on a new player right now though. I'm still on my quest for my perfect IEM. I have tremendous hope for the Ref1.

I've auditioned the Zx1 and was not impressed honestly.

 

However, I think Ref.1 might be a good (but not perfect) match to your Sony.  Hope it'll work out.

post #683 of 1905
I'm hoping it is a nice match. If not, I'm considering AK100II or the AK120II, contingent on some positive reviews of course. I was really. hoping the Calyx M worked out, but that's not looking good.

Either way, I'll have my ref1 in a few short weeks and the party begins!!!
post #684 of 1905
@flymetothemoon is spot on describing the Ref 1. Mirrors exactly what I hear from my own Ref 1.

I auditioned the ZX-1 once before using my 1plus2 and that was when my Ref 1 has not arrived. I thought it sounds rather grainy especially around the mid-high to highs. I could be spoilt by the ultra smoothness of my AK240 though so ZX-1 sounded coarse. I also tried disabling the extra clear audio+ and sonic boost effect on it. The weird thing is that I didn't find it too bright or artificially wide sound stage at all like what some others reported. Just the sound seemed overly aggressive after the mod. Maybe my ears are just used to bright signatures.
Edited by Bluebear - 6/6/14 at 5:32am
post #685 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post

@flymetothemoon is spot on describing the Ref 1. Mirrors exactly what I hear from my own Ref 1.

I auditioned the ZX-1 once before using my 1plus2 and that was when my Ref 1 has not arrived. I thought it sounds rather grainy especially around the mid-high to highs. I could be spoilt by the ultra smoothness of my AK240 though so ZX-1 sounded coarse. I also tried disabling the extra clear audio+ and sonic boost effect on it. The weird thing is that I didn't find it too bright or artificially wide sound stage at all like what some others reported. Just the sound seemed overly aggressive after the mod. Maybe my ears are just used to bright signatures.

How many hours you have on your Ref.1 yet?

post #686 of 1905
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Ref. 1 is even more analytical than the 1Plus2 only in a more subtle way IMHO.  

 

Ref.1 has a sweeter/richer mid that gives a better complement to the outstanding high that 1Plus2 possessed.  Initial impression that you might find the Ref.1 is less analytical than that of 1Plus2 because of such but you would find out later that it is not the case.  Vocals, male or female, are more palpable of the voice comes from their throat. 

 

The different layers of the low to super sub bass is where 1Plus2 no match to the Ref.1.  It's bass' texture is impeccable and I think AK240 is a super match to the Ref.1.

Ref.1 and uber...

 

 

Set up :

Ref.1; Tralucent silver (v2) single-ended & Uber balanced

DAP : Ak240

 

I was listening to Michael Tilson Thomas/San Francisco Symphony on Mahler 7 (DSD) and started with the silver (single-ended), the music just flow smoothly.  After a few thread replies on this forum, I switched to Uber and repeat the same passages again...OMG...it is totally an amazing change...this change is much less significant on pop and jazz when comparing the two cables and is a huge gap from this DSD recording.  

 

More to come when I come across anything that worth to mention.

 

Cheers

post #687 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

How many hours you have on your Ref.1 yet?

I have it for about 2 weeks already and has around 130+ hours of burning and listening in total.
post #688 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

There are no perfect IEMs bro..great yes...perfect? never.

Welcome to head fi..may your wallet rest in peace

Nazrin313, and other audiophiles in Singapore who want an opportunity to try the Ref 1 and other Tralucent gear should be interested in the upcoming showcase in Singapore.

post #689 of 1905
Nazrin313, I thought you may want to hop on that short flight across. smily_headphones1.gif
post #690 of 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

Ref. 1 is even more analytical than the 1Plus2 only in a more subtle way IMHO.  

 

 

That is part of what makes it so special. It challenges some "audiophile" thinking, in that the Ref. 1 is highly detailed, textured, enveloping, but it doesn't have to do it in a bright presentation. It's more grown up. Once you listen to the Ref. 1 for a bit, and your biases and audiophile idealogy of what things are supposed to be like crumble away, the special characteristics of the Ref. 1 reveals itself to you, and rewards you with an excellence in audio that busts the mold and pushes our hobby progressively forward. 

 

I've been saying from the get-go, this IEM defies logic. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: