New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM - Page 69

post #1021 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post
most ideal tip placement

 

All the way down works for me. 

post #1022 of 1139

Which has sweeter female vocals? Ref 1 or Dita?

post #1023 of 1139

I think the Dita Answer has sweeter vocals. The vocals on the Answer are more up front, and present. However my Ref.1 pair is young on hours at this point, and I am not using the uber expensive uber cable... 

post #1024 of 1139

I find tips that sit an IEM a hair farther away sometimes gives a bigger stage as well.

post #1025 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

I find tips that sit an IEM a hair farther away sometimes gives a bigger stage as well.

 

Definitely agree there. It just becomes a juggling act with fit. 

post #1026 of 1139

Yeah, with the tips pushed down about as far as they'll go, the fit is much better and more secure, with better seal. I think it's worth it to have them down that far just for those reasons alone.

post #1027 of 1139

I shorten my Ortofon tips (Using L at the moment). I find the sound more open and easier to get a good fit this way. Also a lesser chance of the end of the tips being compressed in the ears. 

post #1028 of 1139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by awry View Post
 

I shorten my Ortofon tips (Using L at the moment). I find the sound more open and easier to get a good fit this way. Also a lesser chance of the end of the tips being compressed in the ears. 

I think this is a complex question to answer as we all have different ear canal shape and size.  This very much depends on one to try and find the best fit/performance.  Agree?

post #1029 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

I think this is a complex question to answer as we all have different ear canal shape and size.  This very much depends on one to try and find the best fit/performance.  Agree?

Yup of coz. Just a  comment on what I did with mine. Tips go further down the stem this way for IEMs with larger bores. I have elephant ears and still feel like I "squash" the tips at times. 

post #1030 of 1139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by awry View Post
 

Yup of coz. Just a  comment on what I did with mine. Tips go further down the stem this way for IEMs with larger bores. I have elephant ears and still feel like I "squash" the tips at times. 

LOL.  You have been exaggerating right?

post #1031 of 1139

           

post #1032 of 1139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

           

Cute

post #1033 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

LOL.  You have been exaggerating right?

Of course not. What kind of person exaggerates in forums? I actually do have body fluids coming out my ears when I say something gives me ear-gasms. 

 

Jokes aside, I have pretty big earholes and not very pretty ears on the whole. I blame my paternal side for this mutation. 

post #1034 of 1139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by awry View Post
 

Of course not. What kind of person exaggerates in forums? I actually do have body fluids coming out my ears when I say something gives me ear-gasms. 

 

Jokes aside, I have pretty big earholes and not very pretty ears on the whole. I blame my paternal side for this mutation. 

So, which ear tips that work best for you?

post #1035 of 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post
 

So, which ear tips that work best for you?

L Ortofon for wide bore IEMS. Snipped a little at the stem. I really want to try Spinfits but they seem next to impossible to find. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: