or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 - Page 64

post #946 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

Of course...straight down my back right next to my spine...it will be barely visible and won't have any more stress than my backbone has which should be fine...Nod

:beerchug: lol

post #947 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

 

Of course...straight down my back right next to my spine...it will be barely visible and won't have any more stress than my backbone has which should be fine...Nod

 

No different than my cat's ID microchip....just way longer...;) 

 

post #948 of 4329

Got my pair of Ref1 in today. My lord it's bassy.... I consider myself a bit of a basshead, and this is just about too much! It's crazy how much there is. It's like the Atrio, but with even more midbass- I think (going from memory of Atrio). I almost wish it had a bass adjustment like the ASG-2 so I could ratchet it back some (never thought I'd catch myself making that statement). I hope the lows tame down some with run-in time. Maybe a pure silver cable would add sparkle and tighten up the low end a little, I dunno. I certainly wouldn't want the earphone to sound warmer at all. Detailing is good, perhaps a touch laid back. Stage seems nice and wide.

 

Those are just first observations of my initial listening. More to come.  


Edited by cn11 - 6/27/14 at 11:00am
post #949 of 4329
basshead.gif

Looks like I can relax a bit then; go back to reading this thread and turn quote notifications back on.
post #950 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Got my pair of Ref1 in today. My lord it's bassy.... I consider myself a bit of a basshead, and this is just about too much! It's crazy how much there is. It's like the Atrio, but with even more midbass- I think (going from memory of Atrio). I almost wish it had a bass adjustment like the ASG-2 so I could ratchet it back some (never thought I'd catch myself making that statement). I hope the lows tame down some with run-in time. Maybe a pure silver cable would add sparkle and tighten up the low end a little, I dunno. I certainly wouldn't want the earphone to sound warmer at all. Detailing is good, perhaps a touch laid back. Stage seems nice and wide.

Those are just first observations of my initial listening. More to come.  

I have found the DHC All Silver 8 conductor cable + Ref1 give an amazing 3D soundstage with the right balance in all the spectrums and most importantly, non-fatiguing. Some of the albums I found quite painful on the FitEar TG334, sound very good on the Ref 1. Like Herbie Hancock's Chameleon song in the album Head Hunters.

When you listen to Binaural music, it is stunning.
Edited by sathyam - 6/27/14 at 11:31am
post #951 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyam View Post

When you listen to Binaural music, it is stunning.

 

I presume you are using a balanced cable...?

post #952 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

 

I presume you are using a balanced cable...?

 

Yes. Balanced DHC Symbiote SP 8-conductor cable. I am expecting my Uber cable (balanced again) next week. I am using AK240 as the source.

post #953 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Got my pair of Ref1 in today. My lord it's bassy.... I consider myself a bit of a bass head...


Those are just first observations of my initial listening. More to come.  

That makes me smile!! How would you compare the bass to the G2? Just a brief impression if possible. I'm sure it's safe to assume the overall clarity is much better as well on the Ref1.
post #954 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

That makes me smile!! How would you compare the bass to the G2? Just a brief impression if possible. I'm sure it's safe to assume the overall clarity is much better as well on the Ref1.

 

Like to hear comparo to Shure 846, the supposed bass monster, too.

post #955 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Got my pair of Ref1 in today. My lord it's bassy.... I consider myself a bit of a basshead, and this is just about too much! It's crazy how much there is. It's like the Atrio, but with even more midbass- I think (going from memory of Atrio). I almost wish it had a bass adjustment like the ASG-2 so I could ratchet it back some (never thought I'd catch myself making that statement). I hope the lows tame down some with run-in time. Maybe a pure silver cable would add sparkle and tighten up the low end a little, I dunno. I certainly wouldn't want the earphone to sound warmer at all. Detailing is good, perhaps a touch laid back. Stage seems nice and wide.

Those are just first observations of my initial listening. More to come.  

Yikes dude... Think I'll pass on these. I don't think I'd like more quantity than say, what's present on the DITAs. What's the quality of the bass like tho? I think that's all I'm curious about since it utilizes isobaric drivers or whatever
post #956 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Like to hear comparo to Shure 846, the supposed bass monster, too.

As would I. I've never heard the Shure, but heard great things about it. I love my G2's. If Ref1 had that type of bass, with 1p2's other qualities I'll be done with IEMS.
post #957 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

As would I. I've never heard the Shure, but heard great things about it. I love my G2's. If Ref1 had that type of bass, with 1p2's other qualities I'll be done with IEMS.

Thats my idea, if i get the Ref1 soon,ill be able to compare, before i sell the Shures.
post #958 of 4329
When are you expecting yours? mine are end of June/ early July... the wait is getting worse as time passes, I know it's coming!!
post #959 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

How come your friend is not satisfied with the uber...any cable that is better than this?

Could very well just be personal priority in audio gear purchase...and all things in life

Sorry I dont know too much about high end cables but I did hear about self modifies Siltech and Nordost ODIN short I/C....sky is the limit. LOL
post #960 of 4329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


Could very well just be personal priority in audio gear purchase...and all things in life

Sorry I dont know too much about high end cables but I did hear about self modifies Siltech and Nordost ODIN short I/C....sky is the limit. LOL

Did you have a chance comparing the uber against the above 2 cables?  Interested to know.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1