or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 - Page 31

post #451 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

Bluebear, its exactly what I plan to do.

Me too unfortunately. I will have my 1p2 this week. I had every intention of selling it... But I've got a bad feeling I'm going to love it and keep it in my growing little IEM collection.
post #452 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post


Me too unfortunately. I will have my 1p2 this week. I had every intention of selling it... But I've got a bad feeling I'm going to love it and keep it in my growing little IEM collection.

 

What genre of music do you usually listen to? And what kind of sound signature do you prefer? Which is your current favourite IEM? 1plus2 has very wide soundstage and has a bright signature which is very resolving and clear, but I also understand there are also people out there who cannot stand the brightness and the treble can get pretty sharp depending on your songs. Similarly, I cannot stand IEMs that have very thick/warm signature which are very bass emphasized with a very closed up soundstage and lack air at the top. But there are people who just love such thick IEMs, probably because of their music genre preference. Stage Diver SD3 is one very good example of such an IEM which I dislike. Stage Diver SD2 is much better for me and sounds much more tamed and balanced across the frequency spectrum.

post #453 of 4329
I listen to most types of music, basically anything but country. I love rap, 70/80s rock, music from 50s and 60s. I'm all over. I love bass, but I want it to be clean, tight, and without compromising SQ.

I have Heir 8.a, which I do love, but was looking for something a little more versatile. I also have Aurisonics ASG-2, which I like as well, but would like a little bit more with treble and vocals.
post #454 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

I listen to most types of music, basically anything but country. I love rap, 70/80s rock, music from 50s and 60s. I'm all over. I love bass, but I want it to be clean, tight, and without compromising SQ.

I have Heir 8.a, which I do love, but was looking for something a little more versatile. I also have Aurisonics ASG-2, which I like as well, but would like a little bit more with treble and vocals.

 

Ok then the 1plus2 is definitely for you. :o2smile: I seriously doubt you will want to sell it off after you have heard it. I have the ASG-2 too and I find it a little bit dark and weak on the treble side and 1plus2 fixes that and delivers even more in addition with overall much better clarity, soundstage, separation and tighter/faster bass. The only part about 1plus2 which you may find lacking could be the slight dip in the mids which can make vocals less forward compared to other IEMs but I think its quality is still good enough for a TOTL tier IEM.


Edited by Bluebear - 5/19/14 at 10:17pm
post #455 of 4329
That's what I am thinking. I bought 1p2 to hold me over while waiting for Ref1. I honestly had every intention of selling it... But I'm already making up reasons to keep it, without hearing it. I have issues.
post #456 of 4329
I love my 1plus2 with the silver/gold,. Its my go to iems now for everything bar classical, acoustics and jazz.. For that i have my also awesome Ref Titanium 1 from rhapsodio (not to be confused with tralucent ref 1 lol).

But now, if someone is willing to sell me their uber
post #457 of 4329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

I love my 1plus2 with the silver/gold,. Its my go to iems now for everything bar classical, acoustics and jazz.. For that i have my also awesome Ref Titanium 1 from rhapsodio (not to be confused with tralucent ref 1 lol).

But now, if someone is willing to sell me their uber

I love my uber...won't put it up for sale!

 

However, you should get one to open up your 1Plus2 potentials and you'll be amazed how much you have missed so far [of your ownership].

 

Cheers

post #458 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by flymetothemoon View Post

I love my uber...won't put it up for sale!

However, you should get one to open up your 1Plus2 potentials and you'll be amazed how much you have missed so far [of your ownership].

Cheers

I would imagine, too many good reviews about the uber. I just cant for the life of me click on the buy button with its mammoth price tag, second hand maybe its a different story
post #459 of 4329

You guys are tempting me to sell my Uber as I don't use it as much as I should - why? I worry about how fragile it is. However when I passed it back to Gavin for a proposed termination to Fitear, he just rolled it up "just like that" to my horror :D. It may be more durable that I think?

post #460 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

You guys are tempting me to sell my Uber as I don't use it as much as I should - why? I worry about how fragile it is. However when I passed it back to Gavin for a proposed termination to Fitear, he just rolled it up "just like that" to my horror biggrin.gif. It may be more durable that I think?

Hahha, come on then sean, give me ure uber!!! (that doesnt sound right at all does it?)
post #461 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post


Hahha, come on then sean, give me ure uber!!! (that doesnt sound right at all does it?)

 

post #462 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

 

Too deep don't understand.

post #463 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post
 

 

Too deep don't understand.

Over my dead body :P? I was trying to find a nice image from Google but this was the best I could do :p.

 

i.e. no @nazrin313 not gonna give away my Uber ;-).

post #464 of 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

Over my dead body :P? I was trying to find a nice image from Google but this was the best I could do :p.

 

 

The moustache guy looks so happy I thought what was that supposed to mean lol.

post #465 of 4329
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

You guys are tempting me to sell my Uber as I don't use it as much as I should - why? I worry about how fragile it is. However when I passed it back to Gavin for a proposed termination to Fitear, he just rolled it up "just like that" to my horror :D. It may be more durable that I think?

It is not as fragile as you think Anak.  Of course if circumstances allow you should take good care of it when looping back to storage.  It is a 4-core set up with weaving wire sleeve to protect from external interference.  

 

Here's the pic that I took when I reterminate it to TRRS 2.5mm balanced.  

 


Edited by flymetothemoon - 5/20/14 at 5:41am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1