Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? - Page 3

post #31 of 79

Audeze LCD-X, except I would have to upgrade my desktop and laptop setup...

post #32 of 79

 My dream buy list

SR009

HD800

HE500

UE PRM

 

This would cut it. I think.

post #33 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

 My dream buy list

SR009

HD800

HE500

UE PRM

 

This would cut it. I think.

 

Nice choices man!

post #34 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWerk View Post

Nice choices man!
Thanks. If I'm gonna dream, I might as well dream the impossible tongue.gif.
post #35 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post


Thanks. If I'm gonna dream, I might as well dream the impossible tongue.gif.

 

One day man, you'll get there :wink_face:

post #36 of 79
AKG k702
Sennheiser hd600
post #37 of 79

HE-560

post #38 of 79
TH900
Alpha Dog
DX1000
W5000
post #39 of 79
SR009, once there will be a great non-tube electrostatic amp for <$2000
post #40 of 79
Next time I'm in the position to blow $300+ on headphones, I'm treating myself to another Stax SR-Lambda in as close to original condition as can be reasonably expected for a vintage headphone like that.

Maybe it'll be a Koss ESP/950 instead, but now we're talking $600+ with an amp that most people replace with a proper Pro bias Stax amp and make adapter cables for. The days of $350 BIN ESP/950s on eBay are long past.
post #41 of 79

I'll probably upgrade my DAC next.  headphone/amp wise I am totally happy with my setups.

post #42 of 79

I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.

 

I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.


Edited by deciBel23 - 4/19/14 at 8:58pm
post #43 of 79
Need more tubeses [sic], and planning to have some modding done on my amp. Besides that, unless I'm really taken with K812 or any of the new planars, I'm a contented cat. Still looking for the right portable though.
Edited by Claritas - 4/19/14 at 10:37pm
post #44 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deciBel23 View Post
 

I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.

 

I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.

That's real smart man! Hopefully you'll find a good deal!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

Need more tubeses [sic], and planning to have some modding done on my amp. Besides that, unless I'm really taken with K812 or any of the new planars, I'm a contented cat. Still looking for the right portable though.

Being content is quite an accomplishment in its own right for this hobby. For me, the D2000 and Pro 900 scratch my EDM itch really well, and I've been content with them for quite a while. It took me awhile to get here. That desire to upgrade is there, but as we know, the law of diminishing returns is strong with headphones. Gets quite expensive to get those little bits of extra SQ.


Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:56pm
post #45 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
 

I'll probably upgrade my DAC next.  headphone/amp wise I am totally happy with my setups.

Yea man, good DAC's make a HUGE overall difference! I never knew it mattered so much when I started in Head-Fi, now I can't listen to anything without one!


Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?