Audeze LCD-X, except I would have to upgrade my desktop and laptop setup...
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/22/15 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Denon AH-D2000 Last post on 11/20/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade question: Markl mod my D2000 or... Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe it'll be a Koss ESP/950 instead, but now we're talking $600+ with an amp that most people replace with a proper Pro bias Stax amp and make adapter cables for. The days of $350 BIN ESP/950s on eBay are long past.
I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.
I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.
Edited by deciBel23 - 4/19/14 at 8:58pm
Edited by Claritas - 4/19/14 at 10:37pm
That's real smart man! Hopefully you'll find a good deal!
Being content is quite an accomplishment in its own right for this hobby. For me, the D2000 and Pro 900 scratch my EDM itch really well, and I've been content with them for quite a while. It took me awhile to get here. That desire to upgrade is there, but as we know, the law of diminishing returns is strong with headphones. Gets quite expensive to get those little bits of extra SQ.
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:56pm
Yea man, good DAC's make a HUGE overall difference! I never knew it mattered so much when I started in Head-Fi, now I can't listen to anything without one!
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:59pm
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 28 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2