Audeze LCD-X, except I would have to upgrade my desktop and laptop setup...
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Denon AH-D2000 Last post on 11/20/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade question: Markl mod my D2000 or... Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe it'll be a Koss ESP/950 instead, but now we're talking $600+ with an amp that most people replace with a proper Pro bias Stax amp and make adapter cables for. The days of $350 BIN ESP/950s on eBay are long past.
I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.
I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.
Edited by deciBel23 - 4/19/14 at 8:58pm
Edited by Claritas - 4/19/14 at 10:37pm
That's real smart man! Hopefully you'll find a good deal!
Being content is quite an accomplishment in its own right for this hobby. For me, the D2000 and Pro 900 scratch my EDM itch really well, and I've been content with them for quite a while. It took me awhile to get here. That desire to upgrade is there, but as we know, the law of diminishing returns is strong with headphones. Gets quite expensive to get those little bits of extra SQ.
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:56pm
Yea man, good DAC's make a HUGE overall difference! I never knew it mattered so much when I started in Head-Fi, now I can't listen to anything without one!
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:59pm
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › For what headphone do I really need an amp? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Any recommendation of great Balanced headphone? 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › (HP Recommendation) Closed-Back Headphones Under 300€ With Special... 5 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX and other phones... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Mint Playback MPS 5 with USB-X in lastest software 7 minutes ago
- › SR-003 w/SRM-002 8 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2