Audeze LCD-X, except I would have to upgrade my desktop and laptop setup...
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement for Denon AH-D2000 Last post on 11/20/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade question: Markl mod my D2000 or... Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from SRH-840 Last post on 9/28/11 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe it'll be a Koss ESP/950 instead, but now we're talking $600+ with an amp that most people replace with a proper Pro bias Stax amp and make adapter cables for. The days of $350 BIN ESP/950s on eBay are long past.
I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.
I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.
Edited by deciBel23 - 4/19/14 at 8:58pm
Edited by Claritas - 4/19/14 at 10:37pm
That's real smart man! Hopefully you'll find a good deal!
Being content is quite an accomplishment in its own right for this hobby. For me, the D2000 and Pro 900 scratch my EDM itch really well, and I've been content with them for quite a while. It took me awhile to get here. That desire to upgrade is there, but as we know, the law of diminishing returns is strong with headphones. Gets quite expensive to get those little bits of extra SQ.
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:56pm
Yea man, good DAC's make a HUGE overall difference! I never knew it mattered so much when I started in Head-Fi, now I can't listen to anything without one!
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:59pm
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › On a mission to like jazz 21 seconds ago
- › Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC 31 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Encore mDAC portable headphone DAC/amp with 24bit/96kHz... 57 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Linkwitz Pluto (v.2.1) loudspeaker build 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)