Audeze LCD-X, except I would have to upgrade my desktop and laptop setup...
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 3/31/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for closed headphones Last post on 1/28/15 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 4/19/15 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacement for Denon AH-D2000 Last post on 11/20/13 at 1:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade question: Markl mod my D2000 or... Last post on 11/26/12 at 1:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Maybe it'll be a Koss ESP/950 instead, but now we're talking $600+ with an amp that most people replace with a proper Pro bias Stax amp and make adapter cables for. The days of $350 BIN ESP/950s on eBay are long past.
I'll probably buy a HiFiMan HE-500 from someone on the "For Sale" forum once the HE-560 pre-orders start coming in. Comfort really isn't an issue with me, and I don't have the budget for the HE-560.
I'll need to get a better amp/DAC to go with the HE-500, too.
Edited by deciBel23 - 4/19/14 at 8:58pm
Edited by Claritas - 4/19/14 at 10:37pm
That's real smart man! Hopefully you'll find a good deal!
Being content is quite an accomplishment in its own right for this hobby. For me, the D2000 and Pro 900 scratch my EDM itch really well, and I've been content with them for quite a while. It took me awhile to get here. That desire to upgrade is there, but as we know, the law of diminishing returns is strong with headphones. Gets quite expensive to get those little bits of extra SQ.
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:56pm
Yea man, good DAC's make a HUGE overall difference! I never knew it mattered so much when I started in Head-Fi, now I can't listen to anything without one!
Edited by TWerk - 4/19/14 at 10:59pm
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 17 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 23 seconds ago
- › Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 33 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-V6 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth transmitter Class 1 with apt-x 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2