or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 54  

post #796 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post
 

i own the ANV3se not the ANV3, beside that  i will disappoint you because i own only pk2 ,TG38S and blox BI3 iem.  my JL1 are gonna be released from customs soon,they are very likely to be actually the JL1 and not TC00, but after hearing the 38S my hopes are not sky high, though time will tell...

like i said before, ANV3se beats TG38S by the mile..

That's what I thought. From what I remember, my ANV3se had more bass as well when I had it. I like the Tingo 38S but I have to EQ the bass every time. It's not a big deal actually. I still think they are fantastic for $15. I am looking forward to comparing them to the Dasetn M760.

post #797 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Are you asking about the left and right channels being switched? Mine don't do that.

If that's happening to you, you can switch the sides, since the housings are identical on both sides.

 

Somebody reported before the channel switching, but I think it was on a bad sounding pair.


Nope, channels are also perfect in both on my pair.

I mean, can you test to just switch your left pair to right and right to left to your ears, because it's really the feeling I have, wich I found weird, so just to be sure I prefer to ask if someone else remarked it also ;)

Stay me tuned when you can, if you may test in all your TG-38s pairs, would be nice.

Many thanks in advance.

post #798 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post

That's what I thought. From what I remember, my ANV3se had more bass as well when I had it. I like the Tingo 38S but I have to EQ the bass every time. It's not a big deal actually. I still think they are fantastic for $15. I am looking forward to comparing them to the Dasetn M760.
yes they are not bad for the price. Its just that moving to them and giving on my anv3se will be a downgrade, which im not comftarble with. For me EQing the bass every time is a big deal, I spend more time eqing than to acctually listen to the music... Kinda counter productive. Even if I eq it perfectly it still doesnt sound like the blox.
post #799 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

I thought that the TG JL1 were going to be restocked? Did you or whoever spoke with the resupplier say that they could get many more? Or was that in reference to the Tingo Croons 38S? 


That was for TG-38S - I even posted a link

post #800 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoof3r View Post
 


Nope, channels are also perfect in both on my pair.

I mean, can you test to just switch your left pair to right and right to left to your ears, because it's really the feeling I have, wich I found weird, so just to be sure I prefer to ask if someone else remarked it also ;)

Stay me tuned when you can, if you may test in all your TG-38s pairs, would be nice.

Many thanks in advance.


I don't think that switching the channels on purpose made a positive difference, but I am very happy with TG-38S as it is.

It was weird hearing the voices and instruments coming from the wrong places.

post #801 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post
 

.... my JL1 are gonna be released from customs soon,they are very likely to be actually the JL1 and not TC00, but after hearing the 38S my hopes are not sky high, though time will tell...

 

Does anyone else still await the TG-JL1 shipment from Aliexpress? Or received one recently?

post #802 of 1160

Let's stop the arguing, guys.

post #803 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
 

Let's stop the arguing, guys.

 

 

Yeah.

post #804 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 

 

 

Yeah.

post #805 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post


Where did you see MX985 for 90$? Because I'm definitely buying at this price.
It's 250$ on Amazon.com, varied from 120$ to 170$ on Amazon.co.uk (unavailable now), 150$ on eBay, 116$ on AccessoryJack (105$ +11$).
If the only thing that this 100$+ earbud does better than TG-38S is the bass, then TG-38S is an amazing value.

I bought from Amazon.co.uk a while back when they were on sale. I think a paid around $90 but it might have been around $120 with shipping. If sennheisser is discontinuing them I am thinking of getting a second pair. But then again there is always a new bud coming out which might be better than the mx985. And I do agree the 38s is good value, like for $15 you have way worse sounding earbuds. The 38s does what it does, which is mids and highs extremely well, the transparency is
might even be better than the mx985. However the bass is lacking so that rules it out for my work out routine since I normally need up tempo bass heavy music, which is a shame because I don't like using the mx985 for this. But for listing to acoustic vocals they are good. The mx985 for me are great buds they just sound more complete than the 38s although the 38s might outshine them in transparency, the mx985 are lightly colored. It is the law of diminishing returns, something costing x times much does not sound x times better.
post #806 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post


I bought from Amazon.co.uk a while back when they were on sale. I think a paid around $90 but it might have been around $120 with shipping. If sennheisser is discontinuing them I am thinking of getting a second pair. But then again there is always a new bud coming out which might be better than the mx985. And I do agree the 38s is good value, like for $15 you have way worse sounding earbuds. The 38s does what it does, which is mids and highs extremely well, the transparency is
might even be better than the mx985. However the bass is lacking so that rules it out for my work out routine since I normally need up tempo bass heavy music, which is a shame because I don't like using the mx985 for this. But for listing to acoustic vocals they are good. The mx985 for me are great buds they just sound more complete than the 38s although the 38s might outshine them in transparency, the mx985 are lightly colored. It is the law of diminishing returns, something costing x times much does not sound x times better.

I don't think Sennheiser is making MX985 any more, so don't count on any sales.

post #807 of 1160
Thread Starter 

So who ordered TG-JL1 on June 9? Are you going to cancel the order, or accept TC100 as a replacement?

post #808 of 1160

I must say these tingo croons 38s have really grown on me in the past week. I think they were a great find. Thanks benF. I wonder if the Dasetn flagship M760 will beat these. Hopefully so. 

post #809 of 1160

BenF defintely knows earbuds and he's uncovered some really great price/performance deals. He certainly deserves credit for that! It's one of the few things he's proven he's good at.


Edited by mtliu - 6/13/14 at 11:30pm
post #810 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I don't think Sennheiser is making MX985 any more, so don't count on any sales.


That's strange. It's less than 2 years since it was released as a replacement for the MX980. It doesn't look as if Sennheiser has got any high end earbuds in their product line right now...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions