or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 47  

post #691 of 1160
I'll have to disagree with the TG38S being considered basshead. I'll admit the bass seems to be improving with age, but I don't think it is quite there. The HD700 isn't considered basshead, and I've heard arguments against the HE400 as well. Even making a comparison to another inexpensive product, the JVC HA-FX101, or the JVC S400, the bass doesn't hold up. I do like the quality of the bass it has, but the quantity isn't there.
post #692 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmkdr View Post

 

BE5>M1>ANV3se>TG-38s>M760>M3>AP8

This ranking really makes me want to get the M1. It's consistently placed at the top of rankings on almost everyone's lists even though it's not first place on any list but the consistent high ranking makes me think the Dasetn M1 is the real deal. 

post #693 of 1160
OK, morbid curiosity is kicking in. Has anyone tried the Dasetn DX1 Pro?
post #694 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

I'll have to disagree with the TG38S being considered basshead. I'll admit the bass seems to be improving with age, but I don't think it is quite there. The HD700 isn't considered basshead, and I've heard arguments against the HE400 as well. Even making a comparison to another inexpensive product, the JVC HA-FX101, or the JVC S400, the bass doesn't hold up. I do like the quality of the bass it has, but the quantity isn't there.


As I've said on the previous page, you may need to use bass boost to get the amount of bass you require, especially if the seal isn't perfect.

The driver is capable of driving a serious amount of bass.

post #695 of 1160
I was using bass boost. I'm not seeing a high quantity of bass, not enough to call it basshead.
post #696 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

This ranking really makes me want to get the M1. It's consistently placed at the top of rankings on almost everyone's lists even though it's not first place on any list but the consistent high ranking makes me think the Dasetn M1 is the real deal. 

You can't go wrong with Dasetn M1, it's cheap and sounds very nice. I actually prefer it to SM E30 which is one of the best IEM at 40$ of jkoler. The TG-38s is another story, mine still sounds the same (bad) after 50+ hours burn in, but I'm still burning it.

 

Here is my opinion ranking:

Havi B3 MK1 > M1 ~ VSD1S (different sound signature) > E30  >> TG-38S.

post #697 of 1160

TG-38 does can pump out a lot of bass - but it is loose and boomy. It makes a lot of bass guitars sound the same. The accuracy is not so great, but it is enjoyable and can be helpful if someone is trying to follow the bass groove without any regard to whether the bass player is playing a Hofner or a Precision.

post #698 of 1160

Interesting thread. Long post here but please bear with me.

 

I've been looking for some new earbuds for a while and these new cheap options are too tempting - I have TG-38S and Awei ES10 on their way and should receive a Baldoor on Monday (found a UK seller for a reasonable price). I'll report back on all of these when I have them.

 

For some idea of my previous earbuds:

 

- Several pairs of factory Yuin PK3 which I loved (cable died each time)

- Dasetn PK2 DIY sounded great but with an unfriendly cable which eventually died

- Dasetn PK3 DIY which are really bad. I think I got a defective or non-QA'd pair because they sound horribly EQ'd, worse than the cheapest awful OEM earbuds I've heard, I'd be happy to send these to someone else to verify how bad they are because otherwise I'll just throw them in the bin.

- Sennheiser MX580 is my current pair - flat, no detail and distort easily, tolerable because I currently have no other working earbud

- had a Sony MDR 888LP for many years which was nice, but the good Yuins sound much better to me

 

Factory PK3 obviously die and the cable is impossible to re-solder to a new plug, for me at least. PK2 DIY's 'braided' cable just was not very usable - the tendency to flex and twist simply made it want to remove the buds from one or both of my ears. On the upside, these cables are impossible to tangle, but I really wonder how anyone can actually find these usable.

 

The other one I'm curious about is the BEB 328R - they seem great from all reports but the cable and plug don't look great to me. I'd be interested to hear reports about their durability from someone who had a pair for a while?

 

Otherwise I guess I'm resigned to hopefully finding a good chinese bud at $15 and buy several pairs which should hopefully last 2-3 years or more. At least it's better than paying factory Yuin prices for cables that die in under a year.


Edited by mantaray - 6/8/14 at 7:05am
post #699 of 1160

Also maybe a little off-topic but I'm interested if anyone has any cunning strategies for making cables last longer?

 

Maybe there is a decent extension cable that could endure most of the cable stress during portable use?

post #700 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
 

Also maybe a little off-topic but I'm interested if anyone has any cunning strategies for making cables last longer?

 

Maybe there is a decent extension cable that could endure most of the cable stress during portable use?


Once I stopped using my headphones on-the-go, suddenly no more cable problems...

post #701 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post

...

 

Otherwise I guess I'm resigned to hopefully finding a good chinese bud at $15 and buy several pairs which should hopefully last 2-3 years or more. At least it's better than paying factory Yuin prices for cables that die in under a year.

 

You can have Baldoor Earbell, Tingo TG-38S and Dasetn M760 for less than a price of the original PK2 - just 45-50$.

You will love at least two of them :L3000: 

post #702 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

 

You can have Baldoor Earbell, Tingo TG-38S and Dasetn M760 for less than a price of the original PK2 - just 45-50$.

You will love at least two of them :L3000: 

Well I have 2 of those coming (Earbell and TG-38S) so I really hope I like one of them! The Awei was too cheap not to try out. I'm excited about the Earbell - it looks very nicely made from the photos at least. After my bad experience with PK3 DIY I'm done with Dasetn DIY buds, as much as I'm intrigued to try the M760 and M1 :(

 

Also I appreciate that you stopped using your earbuds on the move, but surely you must understand that for many people this is the main reason to have earbuds or headphones in the first place and cable quality/repairability is a very real concern. Personally I use speakers unless I'm on the move or it's late at night.

 

edit - I got an email reply from BEB an hour after I made an enquiry (wow). The price inc. shipping isn't much more than I paid for the Baldoor from a UK seller so I think I'll go for it. I'll probably start a new thread with a comparison between all of these as I'd like to come back to it later with info about durability of cables.


Edited by mantaray - 6/8/14 at 8:27am
post #703 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
 

Also maybe a little off-topic but I'm interested if anyone has any cunning strategies for making cables last longer?

 

Maybe there is a decent extension cable that could endure most of the cable stress during portable use?



Do you put your eabuds in a case when you aren't using them? If you just shove them in a pocket or in a bag, they are more likely to break.

From Ebay you can get cheap earbud like this one for around $5-10 (from China):

post #704 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
 



Do you put your eabuds in a case when you aren't using them? If you just shove them in a pocket or in a bag, they are more likely to break.

From Ebay you can get cheap earbud like this one for around $5-10 (from China):

I use these at 1.45$ shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141010414752

post #705 of 1160

I've got the light blue one, and also a black. My wife's got a pink one. I probably paid less than $10 for most of 'em. Probably around $4-5 with shipping from China to Sweden included.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions