or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 39  

post #571 of 1160
Sweet
post #572 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


It does a decent job, but TG-JL1, E100 and M760 are a better choice.

TG-38S has not arrived yet from Dasetn. it's past 1 month already. When I heard from the post office that something came, I thought it's the Tingo but yes it is. It's the TC100/TC00. To make the story short, I am one of those who ordered the JL1 from Alice of Aliexpress but received the TC100 instead. At first, I immediately opened a dispute to return the item and file for refund. After a few listen, I changed my mind. The TC100 sounds beautiful out of the box. I know it's very early to tell but I can't believe an earphone at this price can sound very good - even better than my OK1 unamped overall except for some refinement and vocal clarity. The unit is still burning in for any final impression but so far so good. Yummy bass! I can't wait for the TG-38S and anticipate how it will sound even better. Still thinking about the Baldoor. I almost hit the purchase button but kind of turned off by the red cable. Let's see. If the JL1 will not be in stock again, I might settle with Baldoor based on BenF's impression. 

 

Ben, can you kindly check with Alice when will the JL1 be in stock again? I cannot find them anymore in Aliexpress.

post #573 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

Baldoor "EarBell" E100 review:

 
This earbud caught my eye because I thought it was the most beautiful earbud ever.
I bought it purely for its looks, didn't have high expectation for the sound.
 

 

 

 

 

 
Build Quality:
When I received it, it looked more plastick-y than in the picures, but still very beautiful.
It also came with 3 pairs of doughnut foams - a rarity these days.
The build quality is great, cable and plug are very good.
 

 

 
Fit:
They look quite large, but I didn't experience any fit issues.
Due to their shape, they can't be pointed directly into the ear canal, but even angling them a little makes a lot of difference.
 
Sound Quality:
I listened to it out of the box - and was pleasantly surprised. It was clear this would be a top contender.
I've burned them for a couple of days, and enjoyed them for the last few weeks.
 
Baldoor did a great job tuning these - very balanced and clear. They sound practically identical to TG-JL1.
At first, I thought it was another incarnation of TG-JL1, but it seems to have a single diaphragm.
I would say that these are 95% of TG-JL1. Not sure if I could tell them apart in a blind A/B session.
 
Price/availability:
I couldn't post the review sooner, as the price on Amazon and eBay for US head-fiers was 15-16$ shipped,
but non-US members would have to pay over 32$ shipped. I have contacted the Aliexpress seller, and he lowered the price to 19.99$ shipped.
 
There is also the version with a microphone at 40$ shipped, but I don't know if it sounds as good.
Introduction of additional circuitry often decreases SQ.
 
Conclusion:
At 15-20$ (depending on your location) this is an excellent balanced earbud - a very rare occasion.
Most earbuds in this group sound veiled and boring - but not E100.
 
 

My current earbud ratings are:

TG-38S = TG-JL1 > E100 > BE5 > M760 > M1 >= ANV3SE > PK2 = ANV3 > M2C > PK1> M3 = AP8

Or in terms everyone can understand

16$ = 31$ > 20$ > 95$ > 26$ > 15$ >= 100$ > 80$ = 70$ > 50$ > 160$ > 13$ = 12$

I will update the Earbuds Guide for your updated rating here. Btw, what is the 5% where the JL1 beats the E100? I just wonder.

post #574 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post
 

...

Ben, can you kindly check with Alice when will the JL1 be in stock again? I cannot find them anymore in Aliexpress.

I don't think she will risk it again. She was buying TG-JL1, and they kept sending her TC100. She wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

There is a new listing on Taobao for TG-JL1, but they won't ship to anyone who hasn't bought from them before.

The old TG-JL1 listing was switched to TC100.

post #575 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post
 

... Btw, what is the 5% where the JL1 beats the E100? I just wonder.

TG-JL1 has even more clarity.


Edited by BenF - 6/4/14 at 12:12am
post #576 of 1160

i dont know how bout you guys,,, but my JL1 already stuck at" chip to airline" mode for 11 days...

post #577 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I don't think she will risk it again. She was buying TG-JL1, and they kept sending her TC100. She wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone.

There is a new listing on Taobao for TG-JL1, but they won't ship to anyone who hasn't bought from them before.

The old TG-JL1 listing was switched to TC100.

 

is there any other place where we can get the JL1? 

post #578 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post
 

 

is there any other place where we can get the JL1? 


No

post #579 of 1160

i'll just wait then for the TG-38S and see if I still need another earbuds...thanks Ben!

post #580 of 1160

I got the Dasetn M1 and very satisfied, big soundstage, airy, clear sound, good impact bass. I prefer it to my SM E30.

 

However, the TinGo TG-38S is very disappointing. I burned in for 6 hours but it's still the same: annoying sibilance, bass is not deep at all, I see nothing good in this earbud (except cheap price).

 

I don't regret buying this for 10$ (I bought directly from taobao), but I will never use it again, it give me some headache.


Edited by pokenguyen - 6/4/14 at 3:21am
post #581 of 1160

Ben, do you think I will receive the item faster if I buy the TG-38S from Aliexpress than from Dasetn? I'm thinking of buying another pair from Ali since the one from Dasetn has not arrived yet. I'm having an itch lately. :biggrin:

post #582 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post

I got the Dasetn M1 and very satisfied, big soundstage, airy, clear sound, good impact bass. I prefer it to my SM E30.

However, the TinGo TG-38S is very disappointing. I burned in for 6 hours but it's still the same: annoying sibilance, bass is not deep at all, I see nothing good in this earbud (except cheap price).

I don't regret buying this for 10$ (I bought directly from taobao), but I will never use it again, it give me some headache.

6 hours burn in is way to short. It took me more than 50 hours to get rid of most of the sibilance. I do agree that the bass is not as much as let's say the Blox anv3 which goes lower. However it's a faster and punchier bass, which for me makes up for the lack of the bottom octaves of the bass and the slightly annoying higher tones, which might in part also be due to the quality of my source material (all mp3). I still have to do a good comparison between the 38s and the rest of my buds so no definitive word on how they rank, but I can say that I do enjoy them. But then again tastes varies and my cup of tea might not be yours but I would definitely give them more burn in time.
post #583 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post
 

Ben, do you think I will receive the item faster if I buy the TG-38S from Aliexpress than from Dasetn? I'm thinking of buying another pair from Ali since the one from Dasetn has not arrived yet. I'm having an itch lately. :biggrin:

No, it's the same China Post shipping. 4-6 weeks is not unusual.

Aliexpress seller does have relatively cheap Fedex though.

post #584 of 1160
Thread Starter 

There are still 3 more people that should get TG-JL1 and not TC100.

I wonder who the lucky ones are...

 

:popcorn:

post #585 of 1160

Okay I'm just curious because I ordered other item from Aliexpress and it arrived yesterday. I ordered them 5/21. The seller shipped it thru a registered China mail.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions