Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions - Page 18  

post #256 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrazmar View Post

Ben, the more you give your impressions, the more it gets exciting for me. Still anticipating its arrival soon. What's the impedance of both the 38s and the JL1? Wow! The JL1 looks very classy compared to the Yuins. Looks alone makes it worth 10x its price!

i actually prefer the classic matte looks of the yuins, and not the cheap sjiny plastic looks of the JL's same as my anv3se

post #257 of 1160
ooops double post
post #258 of 1160

Thanks for the review BenF.

 

I agree with your assessment of the PK2s, but if you haven't already I would try the PK1s with an amp, because as 150ohm earbuds that's what they were designed to be used with. With an amp the PK1s compete with any other earbuds I've heard.

 

However I do agree that since there's a lot more competition for good earbuds nowadays there's no justification for the current price.

post #259 of 1160
Might as well later do comparison with sennie mx980/5
post #260 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmkdr View Post
 

Thanks for the review BenF.

 

I agree with your assessment of the PK2s, but if you haven't already I would try the PK1s with an amp, because as 150ohm earbuds that's what they were designed to be used with. With an amp the PK1s compete with any other earbuds I've heard.

 

However I do agree that since there's a lot more competition for good earbuds nowadays there's no justification for the current price.


I've used NFB-11.32 and E12 for my review.

post #261 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


I've used NFB-11.32 and E12 for my review.

In that case it must just come down to sound preferences. E.g. by far my favourite of the Dasetn and Tingo earbuds (I have all the ones mentioned on here except the JL1) are the M1. I like the Tingos too but there's something artificial about the highs I think (I might order another pair to make sure I didn't receive a bad pair).

post #262 of 1160

I disagree with you that pk2 >>> pk1. I used pk2 before and I found that it sounds really nice. After I bought pk1, I sold pk2. I have never compared A/B them but I'm now using pk1 with my amp + iPod and completely satisfied with it.

 

May be I will find another pk2 to compare them side by side.

post #263 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by duydangle View Post
 

I disagree with you that pk2 >>> pk1. I used pk2 before and I found that it sounds really nice. After I bought pk1, I sold pk2. I have never compared A/B them but I'm now using pk1 with my amp + iPod and completely satisfied with it.

 

May be I will find another pk2 to compare them side by side.


Which aspects of PK1 did you find superior to PK2?

post #264 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Which aspects of PK1 did you find superior to PK2?

it is "common knowledge" that pk1 needs an amp, without one it sounds much worse than with it, numerous comparisons have been made already since the pk series goes years back..

post #265 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post
 

it is "common knowledge" that pk1 needs an amp, without one it sounds much worse than with it, numerous comparisons have been made already since the pk series goes years back..


I've used NFB-11.32 and E12 -  didn't do much good. There is so much detail lost!


Edited by BenF - 5/17/14 at 7:00am
post #266 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Which aspects of PK1 did you find superior to PK2?


As I said I have never compared the two. After I bought pk1 I sell pk2 immediately.

 

The most thing I can see in pk2 is the mid. mid of pk2 is overly warm and it's the only thing I can see in pk2. pk1 is more complete: powerful bass, large soundstage with depth. pk2's soundstage is large but without depth. Onetime I have a chance to compare pk2 and pk3, paired with iBasso DX50, I even love pk3 more. May be my comparison is wrong, because I have never used pk2 with my amp and iPod's LOD, just iPod's headphone out. That's why I will find another pk2 to compare them side by side. Yuin's pk series went out years ago and I don't think your judges about pk1 and pk2 are exactly accurate. If they are right, why should people buy pk1. They just need the cheaper pk2. Many people even pair pk1 with powerful desktop amp and they are completely satisfied. pk1 is not easy to drive.

 

As you said you used NFB-11.32 and E12. E12 is powerful but I don't think it suits pk1. I don't know about NFB-11.32.

 

I am ordering TG-38S and I hope it will be good as you said :D.

post #267 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenia1 View Post
 

i actually prefer the classic matte looks of the yuins, and not the cheap sjiny plastic looks of the JL's same as my anv3se

 

Top to bottom - PK1, ANV3SE, TG-JL1, BE5.

TG-JL1 looks metallic, not plastic like the others.

post #268 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugopotamia View Post

Might as well later do comparison with sennie mx980/5


Might as well, but not gonna spend 150$ :cool:

post #269 of 1160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmkdr View Post
 

In that case it must just come down to sound preferences. E.g. by far my favourite of the Dasetn and Tingo earbuds (I have all the ones mentioned on here except the JL1) are the M1. I like the Tingos too but there's something artificial about the highs I think (I might order another pair to make sure I didn't receive a bad pair).

If you are not used to extended treble and large soundstage, it may sound artificial. I had this problem with Havi B3 Pro MK1, it dissapeared after  I listened to it a week straight.

If this doesn't help, TG-JL1 and especially M760 might be your dream earbuds.

post #270 of 1160

Thanks BenF. Yeah the M760s are pretty good for the price, they're the first ones I bought from Dasetn, but the M1s just happen to suit my preferences for when I use earbuds - casual listening. Will probably give the JL1s a try soon too.

 

I'm fine with extended treble and a large soundstage as I have a fairly wide range of experience with IEMs, earbuds and headphones at this point. As a point of reference my current main pair for home are HifiMan HE-500s and my main IEMs are either Sony EX1000 or Ety ER4S. I also own the Havi old version and have no problem with their treble.

 

Plus I also own/have owned and liked several headphones known for their extended treble/soundstage - AKG K70x, Audio Technica AD900 and a lot of the TWFK IEMs for example.

 

Which is my long way of reiterating what I said earlier - it must just come down to individual preference. Things like 'soundstage', 'artificial' and even 'treble' mean different things to different people and depend on any number of other factors (source, amp, music genres, hearing and so on...).

 

On top of that it's clear from this thread that particularly the Dasetn earbuds sound different from one another - hence the 'good pair' and 'bad pair' discussions. It's therefore possible that my Dasetn and Tingo buds sound very different to the ones you received.

 

However considering the small cost of them that's a fun gamble I'm willing to take - I'm definitely going to buy more pairs to test them out!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dasetn/Tingo/Baldoor earbuds Reviews and Impressions