Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 655

post #9811 of 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I been using the He560 without issue. The great thing to know is the customer service at hifiman is always first rate especially here in the  US. The more i listen to them the more I really like the headphones.


Same for me, the more listening, the more I realize just how nice they are. System synergy as many have suggested I also feel plays a big role.

post #9812 of 9819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

 

Sure. Here you go. Sorry, phone quality so I had to change it to black and white:

 

 

Actually I have a question: do you usually clamp the headphones on a headphone stand? If so, what headphone stand?

 

If the answer is yes, and a wide one, then we might have found the culprit.

post #9813 of 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post
 

End-game DAC:

 

 

Honestly, I thought the AMB Gamma2 sounded quite good... but the Neko... there is just no comparison. In fact, I'll even avoid making a comparison.

 

Now I'm even more convinced the HE-560 will benefit greatly from a dark DAC and amp chain to compliment its slightly bright sound.


Sounds like an amazing DAC, shame it is only in black. I am still extremely happy with my Gungnir DAC, but when I do upgrade, silver is a must have for me. Just don't feel it for black gear these days.

post #9814 of 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Actually I have a question: do you usually clamp the headphones on a headphone stand? If so, what headphone stand?

 

If the answer is yes, and a wide one, then we might have found the culprit.

 

Until I got my new one, I used a fairly wide wood stand from eBay.  It's wider than the Brainwavz Peridot, for example.  No problems here, and I've stretched the headband both directions at the natural bend.

post #9815 of 9819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Until I got my new one, I used a fairly wide wood stand from eBay.  It's wider than the Brainwavz Peridot, for example.  No problems here, and I've stretched the headband both directions at the natural bend.

No problems yet. If there is a lot of stress in the steel, it's hard to spot until it snaps.

 

If the headband deforms BEFORE it ever snaps, then it wouldn't snap in the first place.

post #9816 of 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

This might be weird thinking, but what if it has something to do with how wide the user's head is? Bill-P, do you have an exceptionally large cranium? ;)

 

I don't think my head is particularly big or wide. I mean... you can just see it from my display picture.

 

On another note... I was able to snap the other two pieces by... bending them a bit more upward compared to how I had them in the earlier photos:

 

 

 

 

So... it is somewhat easy to snap the headband, actually.

 

I'm thinking... this head band wasn't made to be adjustable like head bands from other headphones. I remember the DT880 and my Audio Technica headphones being much less brittle than this, and I wasn't even trying to bend this head band.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_One411 View Post
 

Hmmm, has Daniel seen the broken headband yet? I'm sure he'll have some comments. :p

 

That's pretty weird though... I didn't think the headband was that flimsy when I tried the HE-560. 

 

With that said, I think a Hifiman representative mention that the headband would not be purchase-able separately, which is a shame since I was interested in using one for my HE-500s. Maybe you'll have more luck though. Couldn't hurt to ask. 

 

Well, you'll all see it tomorrow.

 

And they quoted me for a headband part. It's $50. So it is purchasable. I'm debating the purchase though, since the headphone is still working fine, and it's just more of a hassle for me to fix.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post

What are the changes in the sound that make it more musical bill?

 

You mean with the Neko DAC in the system?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 

Sounds like an amazing DAC, shame it is only in black. I am still extremely happy with my Gungnir DAC, but when I do upgrade, silver is a must have for me. Just don't feel it for black gear these days.

 

Well, I'm addicted to its signature for sure. There is just something about the DAC that is so seductive.

 

I let some friends audition the whole system today, and their only comment? "It sounds awesome".

post #9817 of 9819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

 

And they quoted me for a headband part. It's $50. So it is purchasable. I'm debating the purchase though, since the headphone is still working fine, and it's just more of a hassle for me to fix.

 

If it broke under normal usage, I would imagine that the warranty should just cover it. lol.

post #9818 of 9819

I foretell another HE-560 revision...

post #9819 of 9819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

I foretell another HE-560 revision...

For a single reported headband failure out of who knows how many of these / HE400i's (which have same headband) sold? That'd be absurd.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =