Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 63

post #931 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

I mean, I've taken my HE560 apart completely a few times already. Everything is new (or altered) except the screws, the magnets, and the grills. Must've been a lot of internal QCing, which unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you see it) that is further dragged on with the baffle improvement suggestion I made.

I think it is good news for us early adopters.

Means we'll most likely be getting the full version with the first revision.

At this point, I am thinking HE-560 late April - early May June and HE-400i late May June - early July. Jade 2 / HE-6 successor Q4,

By going the extra mile and doing the baffle fix - or listened to the review samplers - HFM again gave me firm footing and earned my support.

Especially since it is not an inferior headphone in the <$2000 range by any means.

Much respect to Fang for delaying the production a bit to improve the headphone further.

Said that, I am counting every single day I spend waiting for the 560 :rolleyes: 

 

EDIT: Date fixed, apologies.


Edited by conquerator2 - 4/6/14 at 1:58pm
post #932 of 8211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I think it is good news for us early adopters.

Means we'll most likely be getting the full version with the first revision.

At this point, I am thinking HE-560 late April - early June and HE-400i late June - early July. Jade 2 / HE-6 successor Q4,

By going the extra mile and doing the baffle fix - or listened to the review samplers - HFM again gave me firm footing and earned my support.

Especially since it is not an inferior headphone in the <$2000 range by any means.

Much respect to Fang for delaying the production a bit to improve the headphone further.

Said that, I am counting every single day I spend waiting for the 560 :rolleyes:

Peter from Hifiman commented today in the other thread that HE400i is still on track for a May release though. So maybe as long as they work out the baffle thing in a timely manner, it won't affect HE400i release timing at all, because the production for that model will be after the baffle optimization.

post #933 of 8211

I surely don't hope the Jade 2 will be too expensive! Please no more than 2k..

post #934 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post


If I had one, I would wink.gif
I swear I've read that one of you guys who got the review sample is also getting an Oppo sample though.

 

Me (well, from what I was told, but no tracking number).

post #935 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerron View Post
 

 

I guess I agree, though it does look like there is potential for cost savings down the line, especially as the design is shared with the HE-400i. I presume with magnets only on one side it should have more in common with the HE-4 which is significantly cheaper, unless we are dealing with a much more complicated driver here? Is this driver using smaller magnets but with a higher count or are we are dealing with tighter tolerances on the driver side that lead to the improvements in driver efficiency and speed?

 

So at this stage it seems we could summarise the HE-560 as follow:

Slightly closer to the HE-6 in terms of sound quality and tonally more neutral than the HE-500. Improvements in speed and transient response. Flatter mid-range response and a more extended and airy treble. Improvements in the sound staging with respect to width and imaging. Much more comfortable to wear in terms of overall design and weight.

 

Sounds like pretty good progress, though I was secretly hoping that it would convincingly make the HE-6 obsolete with the eventual replacement to the HE-6 re-establishing its technical superiority. Perhaps Hifiman are taking this opportunity to re-align their model offerings.

 

TaDaaaaaah!

 

Our work here is done...

post #936 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Peter from Hifiman commented today in the other thread that HE400i is still on track for a May release though. So maybe as long as they work out the baffle thing in a timely manner, it won't affect HE400i release timing at all, because the production for that model will be after the baffle optimization.

I absolutely got the date wrong... I skipped May for some totally irrational and strange reason. Sorry :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
 

 

Me (well, from what I was told, but no tracking number).

Great. That solves that then. Thanks! Keep us posted please.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

I surely don't hope the Jade 2 will be too expensive! Please no more than 2k..

I am thinking 1.5k max. but HiFiMAN might go all out on that one [or the HE-6 successor].

I very much doubt it though. HiFiMAN prices their headphones very consciously and I do believe their "motto" has always been great sound for a reasonable price :D


Edited by conquerator2 - 4/6/14 at 2:03pm
post #937 of 8211

I continue to hear changes with the 560 I have. I hear more of a musicality of the sounds, a more enticing sound that complements the sound. Even some fair recordings are rendered more enjoyable than on first listen with the 560. Very nice acoustical retrieval of ambient sounds. As others have mentioned, this is a very fast headphone. 

 

I can see someone have these and enjoying most all of their music with this open ortho. 

post #938 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I continue to hear changes with the 560 I have. I hear more of a musicality of the sounds, a more enticing sound that complements the sound. Even some fair recordings are rendered more enjoyable than on first listen with the 560. Very nice acoustical retrieval of ambient sounds. As others have mentioned, this is a very fast headphone. 

 

I can see someone have these and enjoying most all of their music with this open ortho. 

You tease you! :p

Thanks for the impressions. Keep them coming.

Like I am not looking forward to them enough already!

post #939 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I continue to hear changes with the 560 I have. I hear more of a musicality of the sounds, a more enticing sound that complements the sound. Even some fair recordings are rendered more enjoyable than on first listen with the 560. Very nice acoustical retrieval of ambient sounds. As others have mentioned, this is a very fast headphone. 

I can see someone have these and enjoying most all of their music with this open ortho. 
How many hours burn in so far?
post #940 of 8211

Fang asked me to hold off on the review until the modifications are done and the new model is finalized. I still will  have the Oppo on Tuesday to compare. Jude had one at the nY meet but it was always on someone head when I wanted to listen but some were complaining thta it was muddy. I post back Tuesday. He will making an announcement shortly on the new release date but did say the 400I may be ready sooner.

post #941 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
 

 

TaDaaaaaah!

 

Our work here is done...

and what exactly is your work?  ;)

post #942 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Fang asked me to hold off on the review until the modifications are done and the new model is finalized. I still will  have the Oppo on Tuesday to compare. Jude had one at the nY meet but it was always on someone head when I wanted to listen but some were complaining thta it was muddy. I post back Tuesday. He will making an announcement shortly on the new release date but did say the 400I may be ready sooner.

 

New release date because of one modders opinion?  Haven't seen any other reviewers unhappy with the "sub-bass"?


Edited by cute - 4/6/14 at 7:09pm
post #943 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

New release date because of one modders opinion?

 

new release date because *Dr Fang* obviously tested and verified an improvement!

kudos to HiFiMan for making last minute improvements instead of post-delivery revision x.1  x.2, etc etc.

post #944 of 8211

"Obviously"?

post #945 of 8211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

"Obviously"?

 

fair.  how about:

"was going to test/verify."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =