Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 570

post #8536 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post
 

Great scott...Skooks is a 100-year-old audiophile!

Wow! You guys are trying to bury me way too early. I'm only 76... and for a Marine, that's like being 49 in some other body!

post #8537 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
 

Wow! You guys are trying to bury me way too early. 

Haha not at all Skooks! We need more guys like you to tell us young whippersnappers what's what, give us some perspective on this hobby.

Also, this is QOTD material: 

 

Quote:
 I'm only 76... and for a Marine, that's like being 49 in some other body!
post #8538 of 8545

My he-560 ( mint condition) still for sale

 

includes an OCC balanced cable

 

check out my thread in the F/S section!

post #8539 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i've just sent of my headamp tour pair of 560's, and here are some thoughts:

 

first off i'd like to thank justin at headamp for the opportunity to hear this headphone in my own house, and with my own gear.

i'd heard the 560 briefly at the nashville meet, just before i received the tour pair.

 

i'm not one for writing "reviews", i'm not that eloquent in describing what i'm hearing.

the other headphones i have are the grado gs1000e, and the lcd x, so the 560 was up against some stiff competition, not that it was really a competition to begin with.

the 560's are very comfortable , very light, not as comfy as the grado, but more comfortable that the lcd x, weight wise.

the pads on the 560 weren't as nice as the audeze, but then, it's half the price.

now for the sound.

the 560 fell somewhere in between the grado and the audeze to me.

it had the speed, articulation , of the grado, and its soundstage was more akin to the audeze.

bass reached low, and was tight, tuneful. mids present, treble extended, and not harsh.

i've heard all the hifiman headphones, my favorite being the he-6, when its properly driven, which can be difficult .

other than the he-6 amped right, this is the best hifiman i've heard.

 

to have a headphone, sound this good, sound approaching the quality of my favorite , the lcd x, at roughly half the price is outstanding !

i haven't had the pleasure of buying anything from headamp as yet, but that may change , the 560 is that good

Hey, Jay... I've been an audiophile probably longer than you've been living, and let me tell you... I like your review! I don't like reviews that go for several pages and really say very little about the sound and how it compares with other headphones. You gave me what I needed to know. Thanks so much!

Hmmmmmm....you must be as old as the pyramids  :D

 

j/k

 

Sorry Jay....I could not resist  :p

post #8540 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 

i've just sent of my headamp tour pair of 560's, and here are some thoughts:

 

first off i'd like to thank justin at headamp for the opportunity to hear this headphone in my own house, and with my own gear.

i'd heard the 560 briefly at the nashville meet, just before i received the tour pair.

 

i'm not one for writing "reviews", i'm not that eloquent in describing what i'm hearing.

the other headphones i have are the grado gs1000e, and the lcd x, so the 560 was up against some stiff competition, not that it was really a competition to begin with.

the 560's are very comfortable , very light, not as comfy as the grado, but more comfortable that the lcd x, weight wise.

the pads on the 560 weren't as nice as the audeze, but then, it's half the price.

now for the sound.

the 560 fell somewhere in between the grado and the audeze to me.

it had the speed, articulation , of the grado, and its soundstage was more akin to the audeze.

bass reached low, and was tight, tuneful. mids present, treble extended, and not harsh.

i've heard all the hifiman headphones, my favorite being the he-6, when its properly driven, which can be difficult .

other than the he-6 amped right, this is the best hifiman i've heard.

 

to have a headphone, sound this good, sound approaching the quality of my favorite , the lcd x, at roughly half the price is outstanding !

i haven't had the pleasure of buying anything from headamp as yet, but that may change , the 560 is that good

Holy cow, I read the review AND THEN read who wrote it.

 

Those are big-time words, buddy.  And I totally agree with your impression, which for you and me is pretty rare overall.

 

Now hurry up and buy them, so we can swap again.  You really need to hear the 400i


Edited by swspiers - Today at 3:14 am
post #8541 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
 

Wow! You guys are trying to bury me way too early. I'm only 76... and for a Marine, that's like being 49 in some other body!

 

i did something wrong,

my body is fifty years old, feels like 80 !

 

i shoulda been a marine  lol   thanks for your service sir, i salute you !

post #8542 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

Holy cow, I read the review AND THEN read who wrote it.

 

Those are big-time words, buddy.  And I totally agree with your impression, which for you and me is pretty rare overall.

 

Now hurry up and buy them, so we can swap again.  You really need to hear the 400i

heard the 400i in nashville , its sound is more lcd 2 like, but better, at its price, maybe even a better deal than the 560

and i think we pretty much agree on most stuff, except for the rs1i, we were pretty far apart there

post #8543 of 8545

I will vouch for Jay, he is in fact quite old. :tongue: 

post #8544 of 8545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I will vouch for Jay, he is in fact quite old. :tongue: 


just my body, now my mind, oh lets say 14yrs,  and that gets me in trouble from time to time

post #8545 of 8545

Financially, I`m still about 14 years old, which is great for rationalizing outrageously expensive headphone purchases. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =