Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 506

post #7576 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

Very handsome, I really like the wider looking "thick" grill you did.  Makes me want to do it on my he-500, but there's probably no reason to!
Lol no you have to stay busy making more zmf vibro's.. tongue.gif
post #7577 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I don't know about Amazon.
Look at pic for skew number.
It was at home depo in USA..
Thanks a lot .
post #7578 of 10908

mmmh deleted


Edited by Rudiger - 8/26/14 at 10:32am
post #7579 of 10908

I put a cheese slice behind each grill and it helped immensely, but need to find a suitable similar material for permanent usage.

post #7580 of 10908

Gouda or Swiss slices?  If Swiss, was it "Baby Swiss" ?  I would imagine the smaller holes would help vent the drivers more properly, giving the music an inescapably French finesse and elegance.

post #7581 of 10908
^ I prefer Stilton, it doesn't sound great, but it keeps my Daughter away😜!
post #7582 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

As with most things here, it's all about squeezing out that last few %.  See, HiFi, we can agree on a basic principle! ;) 

 

Those are the same OGs I got, from the same eBayer.  They're a good place to start.  One of my first three pairs, including the stock.  It may be that the stock tubes and a couple other not so expensive pairs will suit you.  I do hear a difference, though.  This is really best discussed in the Lyr tube rolling thread, so I won't go more off track, other than to add that it's important to give the tubes 50-100 hours or so before passing judgement.  When I finally burned in the stock GEs, I was pleasantly surprised.  OK, I lied... one more thing re: the Telefunkens.  That's probably the lowest price you'll find for what are almost guaranteed to be pristine NOS tubes like that.  And as Kevin notes, as his stock sells down, the price will go up.  Someone just wrote that he had them in his cart, waited, and the price went up $10/tube overnight.  He who hesitates...

 

Hope you enjoy your Lyr, just be careful of the rabbit hole.  Easy to tumble down and get lost amidst the glittering glass menagerie.

 

Thanks again for your recommendations.

 

I have finally purchased one pair of Voskhod 6n23p's 1975 and one pair of AMPEREX ORANGE GLOBE 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1967.

post #7583 of 10908

Do you guys think pink noise is the best source to use for volume matching?

Thanks

post #7584 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfillion View Post
 

 

Thanks again for your recommendations.

 

I have finally purchased one pair of Voskhod 6n23p's 1975 and one pair of AMPEREX ORANGE GLOBE 6DJ8 ECC88 VACUUM TUBE 1967.

That's a very good selection for your Lyr 2 driving the HE-560's. I have the 1971 Voskhod Rockets with Gray Shields which are my favorite tubes so far for my "system." Very revealing and musical with all the music I listen to, which is everything but hard rock. My 2nd favorites are Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 ECC88's

 

But I caution... it's not just tubes for the Lyr 2... it's tubes for your "system." Everything goes together to produce what comes out of the 560's, or the speakers in your room. You start with the front end... the MOST important part, because it introduces the sound into your system. And garbage in... garbage out. The Lyr 2, or any power amp, cannot make whip cream out of sour milk.

And as someone said before... be sure to give tubes at least 100 hours of good burning in with music before judging them.

post #7585 of 10908
Am listening to an extremely high quality WAV rip of 'simon and garfunkel's greatest hits' lp (record) in a rare mastersounds lp edition (whetever that meant in that era..lolz)

OMG..every single piece of the used instruments sounds so pure...and the placement...front, back, right back, right front, left back, left front..above..under..u can even sometimes 'hear' the ' air' (or atmosphere) in which the track was recorded (some are live recordings)... My god guys..u have to get that LP or get a rip of that....dont know what a mastersounds edition is..but wow...it really brings the best out of ur rig..u will love it with ur rig..am sure...its now by far my favorite one...soundwise ofourse biggrin.gif u just cant help but love those old analog recordings!!!

bass is improving a bit now...VERY slowly it sounds deeper....rest doesnt change a lot...i heared from the builder that the new cables need at least 200hrs burn in time, as my amp doesnt pull enough current to burn it in faster...

Lolz..NOT ENOUGH CURRENT biggrin.gif

Latest News...i wont be buying any new audio stuff Anytime soon...i will use my funds for something different around june next year...something (very) noisy and special..something i wanted to buy since a long time now but couldnt because of certain factors...but now.....

sooo guys...have fun! ..if anyone needs to contact me for any reason...pm me..this will probably be my last post here...

See ya!!!!!! biggrin.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 8/26/14 at 5:51pm
post #7586 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
 

That's a very good selection for your Lyr 2 driving the HE-560's. I have the 1971 Voskhod Rockets with Gray Shields which are my favorite tubes so far for my "system." Very revealing and musical with all the music I listen to, which is everything but hard rock. My 2nd favorites are Amperex Orange Globe 6DJ8 ECC88's

 

But I caution... it's not just tubes for the Lyr 2... it's tubes for your "system." Everything goes together to produce what comes out of the 560's, or the speakers in your room. You start with the front end... the MOST important part, because it introduces the sound into your system. And garbage in... garbage out. The Lyr 2, or any power amp, cannot make whip cream out of sour milk.

And as someone said before... be sure to give tubes at least 100 hours of good burning in with music before judging them.

 

Thanks!

 

I have the feeling that the Voskhod 6n23p's 1975 will be a very match with the 560s.  

post #7587 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfillion View Post
 

The new Opeth album sounds totally awesome on the 560!  You can stream the entire album here : http://pitchfork.com/advance/519-pale-communion/

 

The new Opeth album is now available on HDtracks: http://www.hdtracks.com/pale-communion

 

The audio quality of the album deserves special praise. Hardly any compression and very dynamic.

post #7588 of 10908
Even regular Flac sounds great but unfortunately had no chance to hear hi-rez one
post #7589 of 10908

I'm getting a completely new replacement next week for my imbalanced he560, which I also noticed there's a small 2cm crack in the veneer. :D They say there was a similar case before of "industrial dust in the driver" (edit: ahh just noticed Jussi's post..). Curious to see how the new measures. Our local distributor rocks.


Edited by hekeli - 8/26/14 at 10:47pm
post #7590 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekeli View Post
 

I'm getting a completely new replacement next week for my imbalanced he560, which I also noticed there's a small 2cm crack in the veneer. :D They say there was a similar case before of "industrial dust in the driver" (edit: ahh just noticed Jussi's post..). Curious to see how the new measures. Our local distributor rocks.


Nice, see that is what it takes, a distributor going to bat for the clients. Always a good thing and I'll bet you are a loyal customer because of the service you get. I wonder if this would be a quick and dirty way to test for driver imbalance, playback in mono and then simply defeat one channel at a time and see how the volume levels match? Are you sure that your not the unbalanced part of the equation, I hear the Finns are a crazy bunch:biggrin: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =