I wonder they say the driver operates like a piston, planar diaphragms move in a trampoline like fashion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HIFIMAN Edition X Loaner Program Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:22am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to clarify, I don't think we've heard that HFM will definitely make the changes to the baffle that jerg did and tested. Last I read, Fang & Co. will do something similar, test it, and then decide if they will incorporate any changes into the first production run. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I certainly hope they take as much time as they need to implement what seems to be a very reasonable fix/modification/improvement before shipping the first production run.
Fang wrote to me that he will "do some improvement according jerg's report in the production batch".
I have two HE-6 cables because I liked them so much - I used one with HE-500 and one with the HE-6. It was a big upgrade with the HE-500. Lately, with my HE-500 I have been quite happy with my Moon-Audio Silver Dragon balanced cable that I got so I could use it with my portable gear more easily. I didn't like the Blue Dragon with the HE-500.
With the HE-5 and HE-5LE I found that they were best when I swapped cabled between the two, and I still have them that way - with the silver plated copper HE-5 cable on the HE-5LE, and the more mellow sounding HE-5LE cable on the brighter HE-5.
However, I think the stock cable with the HE-560 is pretty good. I'm not ready to try out other cables yet.
That's a bit vague... Hopefully he means the baffle fix.
But less vague than "I might do something" as ThurstonX feared. He said he will do something.
Fang also said, "If you could emphasize this, that will be very helpful". I posted here for him since he's recovering from disc surgery.
Hope our Doctor gets better soon.
Seems like he's still dedicated to bringing us the best experience for our ears.
Thanks, keep us posted then
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I ahve heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
So... I NEED them !!
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I have heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
Thanks for keeping us updated, HeadphoneAddict.
I can't recall any other serious mod jerg did to his HE-560s, so probably safe to assume Fang is referring to the baffle fix. We shall see. He has until October, then I start getting antsy...
The HE-6 was a piano beast. Since the 560 is a cross of the two [500 & 6] I imagine it'll do just as good!
And piano is classified as a string instrument :D
Well I did also yank the grill rings out (from hard glue) and install my own grills, but I don't think that's what they'll do
I didn't find the stock grills to constrain the sound... They still sound very open and leak as much as anything :D
I think the minor baffle fix is more welcome as the stock grills don't really hinder sound?
Feel free to prove me wrong though, I've never changed the grills :D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Cowon Plenue D 53 seconds ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 54 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Amp headphone compatibility question. 8 minutes ago
- › ELE DAC Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse