I wonder they say the driver operates like a piston, planar diaphragms move in a trampoline like fashion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Please recommend me some headphones and an amplifier... Last post on 12/5/14 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Desperate need for change! *New headphones Last post on 12/19/14 at 7:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to clarify, I don't think we've heard that HFM will definitely make the changes to the baffle that jerg did and tested. Last I read, Fang & Co. will do something similar, test it, and then decide if they will incorporate any changes into the first production run. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I certainly hope they take as much time as they need to implement what seems to be a very reasonable fix/modification/improvement before shipping the first production run.
Fang wrote to me that he will "do some improvement according jerg's report in the production batch".
I have two HE-6 cables because I liked them so much - I used one with HE-500 and one with the HE-6. It was a big upgrade with the HE-500. Lately, with my HE-500 I have been quite happy with my Moon-Audio Silver Dragon balanced cable that I got so I could use it with my portable gear more easily. I didn't like the Blue Dragon with the HE-500.
With the HE-5 and HE-5LE I found that they were best when I swapped cabled between the two, and I still have them that way - with the silver plated copper HE-5 cable on the HE-5LE, and the more mellow sounding HE-5LE cable on the brighter HE-5.
However, I think the stock cable with the HE-560 is pretty good. I'm not ready to try out other cables yet.
That's a bit vague... Hopefully he means the baffle fix.
But less vague than "I might do something" as ThurstonX feared. He said he will do something.
Fang also said, "If you could emphasize this, that will be very helpful". I posted here for him since he's recovering from disc surgery.
Hope our Doctor gets better soon.
Seems like he's still dedicated to bringing us the best experience for our ears.
Thanks, keep us posted then
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I ahve heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
So... I NEED them !!
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I have heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
Thanks for keeping us updated, HeadphoneAddict.
I can't recall any other serious mod jerg did to his HE-560s, so probably safe to assume Fang is referring to the baffle fix. We shall see. He has until October, then I start getting antsy...
The HE-6 was a piano beast. Since the 560 is a cross of the two [500 & 6] I imagine it'll do just as good!
And piano is classified as a string instrument :D
Well I did also yank the grill rings out (from hard glue) and install my own grills, but I don't think that's what they'll do
I didn't find the stock grills to constrain the sound... They still sound very open and leak as much as anything :D
I think the minor baffle fix is more welcome as the stock grills don't really hinder sound?
Feel free to prove me wrong though, I've never changed the grills :D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › HIgh-end headphones? Sennheiser 600 vs Sennheiser 650 vs AKG K712 vs 42 seconds ago
- › For Sale: Mint Fitear ToGo!334 (AU Only) 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro and AKG K612 PRO Reference 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations that sound good with most genres? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 5 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 5 minutes ago
- › Wanna buy the Stax sr009, should I? 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)