I wonder they say the driver operates like a piston, planar diaphragms move in a trampoline like fashion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 6/23/16 at 7:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just to clarify, I don't think we've heard that HFM will definitely make the changes to the baffle that jerg did and tested. Last I read, Fang & Co. will do something similar, test it, and then decide if they will incorporate any changes into the first production run. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I certainly hope they take as much time as they need to implement what seems to be a very reasonable fix/modification/improvement before shipping the first production run.
Fang wrote to me that he will "do some improvement according jerg's report in the production batch".
I have two HE-6 cables because I liked them so much - I used one with HE-500 and one with the HE-6. It was a big upgrade with the HE-500. Lately, with my HE-500 I have been quite happy with my Moon-Audio Silver Dragon balanced cable that I got so I could use it with my portable gear more easily. I didn't like the Blue Dragon with the HE-500.
With the HE-5 and HE-5LE I found that they were best when I swapped cabled between the two, and I still have them that way - with the silver plated copper HE-5 cable on the HE-5LE, and the more mellow sounding HE-5LE cable on the brighter HE-5.
However, I think the stock cable with the HE-560 is pretty good. I'm not ready to try out other cables yet.
That's a bit vague... Hopefully he means the baffle fix.
But less vague than "I might do something" as ThurstonX feared. He said he will do something.
Fang also said, "If you could emphasize this, that will be very helpful". I posted here for him since he's recovering from disc surgery.
Hope our Doctor gets better soon.
Seems like he's still dedicated to bringing us the best experience for our ears.
Thanks, keep us posted then
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I ahve heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
So... I NEED them !!
I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I have heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
Thanks for keeping us updated, HeadphoneAddict.
I can't recall any other serious mod jerg did to his HE-560s, so probably safe to assume Fang is referring to the baffle fix. We shall see. He has until October, then I start getting antsy...
The HE-6 was a piano beast. Since the 560 is a cross of the two [500 & 6] I imagine it'll do just as good!
And piano is classified as a string instrument :D
Well I did also yank the grill rings out (from hard glue) and install my own grills, but I don't think that's what they'll do
I didn't find the stock grills to constrain the sound... They still sound very open and leak as much as anything :D
I think the minor baffle fix is more welcome as the stock grills don't really hinder sound?
Feel free to prove me wrong though, I've never changed the grills :D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 44 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for IEM upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...