or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 483

post #7231 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post


You know where I stand, take it all of baby (not you the 560's)😎!

Wow, what were you and Nancy Pelosi doing the other night?

post #7232 of 17297
Speaking of cables... Going to place an order with Norne for a balanced 4-pin for the 560. Curious as to if anyone has a balanced cable from Trevor yet? I can't decide between the new Draug2 or the Type 7.

I have Vanquish cable and really like it with both HE-560 and HD800 over Moon Audio Blue Dragon but waiting for the Draug 2 to become available so that I can compare them side by side and decide which one to keep
post #7233 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

Speaking of cables... Going to place an order with Norne for a balanced 4-pin for the 560. Curious as to if anyone has a balanced cable from Trevor yet? I can't decide between the new Draug2 or the Type 7.

I have Vanquish cable and really like it with both HE-560 and HD800 over Moon Audio Blue Dragon but waiting for the Draug 2 to become available so that I can compare them side by side and decide which one to keep

 

According to Trevor, Draug 2 (all pure copper) has a vast soundstage with perfect bass and very natural mids. On the other hand, the Vanquish (pure copper & silver-plated copper hybrid) wins in terms of revealing detail and microdetail in sound. This is kind of understandable, as silver-plated copper is known to be brighter and more revealing than copper.

 

I'm personally going with Draug 2 for my HE-560.

post #7234 of 17297
I also read that original Draug has best bass with HD800 and according to Trevor the difference between New and old Draug cable is improved details retrieval
post #7235 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

I also read that original Draug has best bass with HD800 and according to Trevor the difference between New and old Draug cable is improved details retrieval

 

Yup, Trevor told me the same thing too regarding improved detail retrieval when i placed the order early this month. Can't wait for it to arrive! It definitely has brilliant synergy with the HD800. I expect this to pair perfectly with my HE-560. I find it's treble slightly hot.

post #7236 of 17297
I am mature 67yrs young so they fit my wants to a tee accurate and fun for my old ears great sound stage and positioning bass when needed I am not a bass head love jazz I think it's great for that
post #7237 of 17297

I like all kinds of sound signatures, accurate, fun, bass heavy (at times), whatever. Most sound signatures will fit a certain listener or listening situation at some point. For me the 560 is a very good all rounder, and with well recorded music simply stunning. Are there really that many people selling the 560 already? Haven't looked myself. Mine are staying put for quite some time. Not sure what the next headphone I try will be. I have wanted the TH900 for quite some time, but I am going to wait and see what they offer next as the TH900 has been out for a while. Anyway, really really, enjoy the 560 so far.

post #7238 of 17297

I would sell everything except a couple of my portables before selling the 560's. 

post #7239 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

You know where I stand, take it all of baby (not you the 560's)😎!

 

Sometimes just the right amount of clothing makes things sexy.  Just sayin'.  What?!!?  I'm just talking about the sexy sound of my partially clothed HFM cans! ;) 


Edited by ThurstonX - 8/20/14 at 8:19am
post #7240 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Sometimes just the right amount of clothing makes things sexy.  Just sayin'.  What?!!?  I'm just talking about the sexy sound of my partially clothed HFM cans! wink.gif  

I will be trying the "Thurston Mod" this weekend, with the Grill Material from Amazon that you recommended, see how the sonic "negligee" plays out 😳......

To the above statements, I absolutely love my 560's and Alpha Dogs, my HD650's are for sale, enough said!
post #7241 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post

I will be trying the "Thurston Mod" this weekend, with the Grill Material from Amazon that you recommended, see how the sonic "negligee" plays out 😳......

To the above statements, I absolutely love my 560's and Alpha Dogs, my HD650's are for sale, enough said!

 

I think you'll find the difference negligible ;)  Do post some comparative impressions.

post #7242 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I would sell everything except a couple of my portables before selling the 560's. 


What are your thoughts on the TH900?

post #7243 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 

I like all kinds of sound signatures, accurate, fun, bass heavy (at times), whatever. Most sound signatures will fit a certain listener or listening situation at some point. For me the 560 is a very good all rounder, and with well recorded music simply stunning. Are there really that many people selling the 560 already? Haven't looked myself. Mine are staying put for quite some time. Not sure what the next headphone I try will be. I have wanted the TH900 for quite some time, but I am going to wait and see what they offer next as the TH900 has been out for a while. Anyway, really really, enjoy the 560 so far.

It seems that most of the ones selling it are people who already have summit tier HPs like HD800, TH900, LCD-X, etc.  Some might think the HE560 isn't worth the extra money over the HE400i.

post #7244 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Warudo View Post
 

It seems that most of the ones selling it are people who already have summit tier HPs like HD800, TH900, LCD-X, etc.  Some might think the HE560 isn't worth the extra money over the HE400i.

 

As I already said, I dont remember such a situation with Alpha Dogs or Audeze LCD-X... For the first 3-6 months, there were rarely any for sale. As for HE-560, plenty of them for sale even though it's literally new... One or two people even listed the headphone after several days of the launch.

 

I am not saying HE-560 are bad... I certainly cannot as I haven't heard them. But I find this situation strange... It seems that people expected something more similar to HE-500, or technically more impressive than HE-6/LCD-X/HD800 (hope you get my point here). Maybe HE-560 are not as warm and involving as HE-500... And not as good technically as the other group of headphones... So it can be disappointing for a lot of folks.


Edited by Ron12 - 8/20/14 at 9:51am
post #7245 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

As I already said, I dont remember such a situation with Alpha Dogs or Audeze LCD-X... For the first 3-6 months, there were rarely any for sale. As for HE-560, plenty of them for sale even though it's literally new... One or two people even listed the headphone after several days of the launch.

 

I am not saying HE-560 are bad... I certainly cannot as I haven't heard them. But I find this situation strange... It seems that people expected something more similar to HE-500, or technically more impressive than HE-6/LCD-X/HD800 (hope you get my point here). Maybe HE-560 are not as warm and involving as HE-500... And not as good technically as the other group of headphones... So it can be disappointing for a lot of folks.

I could understand if it weren't similar to the HE500, but I doubt people would think it would be better than those flagships considering the price difference.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =