Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 49

post #721 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

No, but I'd love to assume they'll do something to fix it, especially since the fix seems rather trivial [I mean it really only just evens up sub-bass, nothing else... that's a reasonable fix!]

I am all in for them taking their time but I'd hate to throw weeks and months around...

The fix really seems simple [whatever way they choose to implement it], so a few days of testing sounds reasonable... End of April still seems reasonable to me.

In fact, I'd be pissed if they didn't choose to fix it, if Jerg is right and there's no catch to it.

Wait, you're the one that pre-ordered it right? That would definitely explain it.

 

For this reason alone, I love Schiit's stance. NO pre-orders whatsoever, so that way neither them or their dealers will be sitting on someone's money. They only sell when they are boxed and ready to ship. They have pushed back the new Statement DAC and amp for months to get everything as perfect as possible so there won't be a need whatsoever for a return when they do come out. I personally love that in a company. This avoids headaches for both the manufacturer and the customers in the long run.


Edited by Zoom25 - 4/2/14 at 9:52am
post #722 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

Wait, you're the one that pre-ordered it right? That would definitely explain it.

 

For this reason alone, I love Schiit's stance. NO pre-orders whatsoever, so that way neither them or their dealers will be sitting on someone's money. They only sell when they are boxed and ready to ship. They have pushed back the new Statement DAC and amp for months to get everything as perfect as possible so there won't be a need whatsoever for a return when they do come out. I personally love that in a company. This avoids headaches for both the manufacturer and the customers in the long run.

Yes, I pre-ordered it, correct.

Still, I am sure the headphone will release when ready.

Nobody hasn't reported any issues with their review samples yet so, I just don't see a reason for this delay you speak of...

A slight delay to mod the baffle maybe? But other than that, the headphones seem ready...

I am sure we'll hear from HFM soon, hopefully :]

post #723 of 7799
So much for me getting a pair of these any time soon. My engine with less than 70k just took a dump. I need a beach right now
post #724 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

I've tried these on EF6 and NFB-11.32; it seems to be fairly transparent to the upstream amp; EF6 is the more balanced sound signature with fuller midrange, and 11.32 gave it a leaner, slightly more treble-heavy sound with a slight roughness/shrillness to the treble (relative to the EF6 driving).

Thanks much, Jerg :smile:

post #725 of 7799

And the wait continues... :popcorn:

post #726 of 7799

I think I like the copper cable that comes with the HE-6 more than the stock cable. I also prefer the HE-500 with the copper cable. It also could be that the stock cable needs more time but I like the frequency spectrum and transparency more with the copper cable. 

post #727 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I think I like the copper cable that comes with the HE-6 more than the stock cable. I also prefer the HE-500 with the copper cable. It also could be that the stock cable needs more time but I like the frequency spectrum and transparency more with the copper cable. 

Baiting the cable posse?  How interesting.

post #728 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

I think I like the copper cable that comes with the HE-6 more than the stock cable. I also prefer the HE-500 with the copper cable. It also could be that the stock cable needs more time but I like the frequency spectrum and transparency more with the copper cable. 

 

Sweet, thanks.  That means my Monkey Cable (DIY) will work nicely with the HE-560s.

post #729 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

I use foobar with electri-Q (using a VST wrapper). Else, I just use sinegen for sine waves.

 

How does REW work, does it effects work on all windows sound?

I use Sinegen also for sine waves.  Do you think the numerical readout for the slider is dead accurate?  For example, if you move the slider so that the numerical readout says 1,050 Hz, do you think the true frequency being reproduced is exactly 1,050 Hz?

post #730 of 7799

I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I have heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage


Edited by Frank I - 4/3/14 at 4:24am
post #731 of 7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I have to say if you like strings this is one of the very best headphone I have heard in reproducing them. The 560 putting me into a trance with the Nat Cole SACD on the GSX Mk2 and Oppo BDP 105 with the strings in these SACD recordings. It as good as I ahve heard volins being reproduced. magige sound like transparency and inner detail with a very layered sound stage
very exciting!
post #732 of 7799
When can we buy these?
post #733 of 7799

Hmm.. just had a look in the Oppo thread, seems the PM-1 will get released before the HE-560. Need a shoot out between them.

post #734 of 7799
I think both will be released around the same week.

Though the PM-1 will be more expensive at $1,100, than the price of the HE-560 at $900.
post #735 of 7799

http://www.oppodigital.com/headphones-pm-1/

 

Holy crap!

 

Nominal Impedance 32 Ohm
Sensitivity 102 dB in 1 mW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =