Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 414

post #6196 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post

That would be a tough call as the 560 is a great sounding headphone, for less money, but as you say, from most accounts the TH 900 is quite special. I still think I prefer less bass quantity than it sounds like the 900 provides, but the only way to know for sure is to try ...
Many people consider TH900 a bassy phone, and I can see why. What I can say is that it's extremely well controlled. It's as if there are two separate drivers, one that reproduces the bass only. It's that independent. No bleeding. And if the track contains no bass, you'll hear absolutely none. If the track contains little bass, you'll hear little bass, and wonder who would ever consider this a bassy phone. But if the track contains a lot of bass, you'll hear it in all its glory. I think most headphones are not capable to produce strong, textured, and controlled bass at high levels when called for. And it's one thing that the TH900 does so well.

Treble on the other hand, is definitely emphasized, and mids are little recessed. No loss of detail though.
Edited by zxc - 7/31/14 at 9:44am
post #6197 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Are you trying to mate all those cans to produce one über hybrid can?  Aural ménage à trois.  That's so wrong it's probably just right.  I hope you have FDA approval.  You know how the gub'ment loves it regulations ;)


Not our government, the conservatives hate regulation. Apparently we can trust the super wealthy to look after our best interest.

post #6198 of 8312
Can we keep the politics off the discussion? This thread has enough fillers.
post #6199 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Does anyone else feel like imaging is better with the focus-a pads? It seems the treble is more in your face with the production pads and takes away from depth whereas the warmer focus pads allows you to hear through the music...
^^ This exactly what I thought. (!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBranson View Post

I mentioned this a few pages back.  That's exactly what I though.  It's a tough call on the pads as they both have their merits.  The production have that sparkle and attack but the smoother Focus-A's have better imaging and depth.   SUPER-PAD please.. haha
I have noticed same thing about focus A pad giving more percieved depth partially because of less treble edge distraction. .
but member "Soundsgoodtome" said it best and really pinpointed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post

I would say that give HE-560 a bit more time to burn in. The sound will open up and get fuller. 
+1
I have noticed this break-in period also,
Where the cans seems to get more liquid and fuller by just a bit, and the sensitivity seemed to improve,
but the can remains a bit on lean side until you get the focus A pads..
Then it "feels" more natural/organic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achristilaw View Post

The size, weight and clamp of the Audez'e was to much for this kid. Ortho's have to run in.... you can't take it out of the box and have the sound property nailed down. I've had two 800's (one hard wired ALO for balanced) the T-1 and Audies. The HE-560 and Alpha Dog are the only two I'll keep........
Now all you have to do is try the zmf vibro. .
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Like them just fine, but my cancer fight is more important right now!
Cute I whish you all the best, and you can do this like my friend wife beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Can we keep the politics off the discussion? This thread has enough fillers.
Haha this thread has everything
tongue.gif
post #6200 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


I have noticed same thing about focus A pad giving more percieved depth partially because of less treble edge distraction. .

 

 

My CEntrance HiFi-M8 has a cool feature of being able to change the output impedance.  Set on 1 or 2 ohms, the detail and brightness increase dramatically, which I think should be the proper setting for these but it tends to push voices forward. On the 10ohm, which supposedly "smooths" things out takes away that treble edge and pushes the vocals back to the rest of the music.  

It will definitely inform my next choice of amp..  On the 10ohm, the focus pads are best..  the 1 and 2, the focus-A..  

btw, I don't eq at all.

post #6201 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Can we keep the politics off the discussion? This thread has enough fillers.


Come on man, have a sense of humour. I endured page after page of discussions over different pads when I wasn't at all interested in that and I didn't complain. That said, I hear you and I agree too much divergence does make a thread hard to use. I'll try to stay on topic more. Hey, isn't you and I discussing the divergence I introduced yet more divergence? If so had you not posted about the politics the thread would have been shorter and actually less diverted :biggrin: If you don't want to divert even more, just ignore this post.


Edited by Sonic Defender - 7/31/14 at 12:49pm
post #6202 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 


Come on man, have a sense of humour.

Humour and politics are on different sides of the spectrum. Maybe we should throw in religion as well.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBranson View Post
 

 

My CEntrance HiFi-M8 has a cool feature of being able to change the output impedance.  Set on 1 or 2 ohms, the detail and brightness increase dramatically, which I think should be the proper setting for these but it tends to push voices forward. On the 10ohm, which supposedly "smooths" things out takes away that treble edge and pushes the vocals back to the rest of the music.  

It will definitely inform my next choice of amp..  On the 10ohm, the focus pads are best..  the 1 and 2, the focus-A..  

btw, I don't eq at all.


I've recently got the Project Polaris and the pairing with the 560 is fantastic. Very transparent amp but you can roll off the treble with the bandwith switch on top of changing output impedance and 3 different gain stages. You can go from transparent a fast tube sound with a few jumpers. For the going price, A LOT of amp for the money and a fun amp to play with.

 


Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 7/31/14 at 1:10pm
post #6203 of 8312
How does one get a hold of the the "warmer" sounding pads? Apparently I have production pads. There should be pics of the two pads.

As it is the he560 is sort of a mixed bag for my preferences. I do believe they are really good headphones but their balance is upward tilted and accompanied by their speed and control makes for a less inviting, sultry sound. It's out to impress rather than be down to earth. It's balance forces me to pay attention to it instead of the music. Quality for quality it's a very faultless headphone. I just find it hard to listen to the music over the headphone. This will take more brain burn in for me or I will let it go. I keep opening and closing my fs add because there is so much to like about it. I just wish for a lot more height in the soundstage because it seems very short and a little more depth. I love the details and am a hair away from building a better rig around it or letting it go.
post #6204 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

 

I've recently got the Project Polaris and the pairing with the 560 is fantastic. Very transparent amp but you can roll off the treble with the bandwith switch on top of changing output impedance and 3 different gain stages. You can go from transparent a fast tube sound with a few jumpers. For the going price, A LOT of amp for the money and a fun amp to play with.


 

 

Great, the Polaris is probably my next amp.  In the meantime I'm still enjoying my 560s with the 'not enough powerful' Vali ;)


Edited by pfillion - 7/31/14 at 1:21pm
post #6205 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

How does one get a hold of the the "warmer" sounding pads? Apparently I have production pads. There should be pics of the two pads.

As it is the he560 is sort of a mixed bag for my preferences. I do believe they are really good headphones but their balance is upward tilted and accompanied by their speed and control makes for a less inviting, sultry sound. It's out to impress rather than be down to earth. It's balance forces me to pay attention to it instead of the music. Quality for quality it's a very faultless headphone. I just find it hard to listen to the music over the headphone. This will take more brain burn in for me or I will let it go. I keep opening and closing my fs add because there is so much to like about it. I just wish for a lot more height in the soundstage because it seems very short and a little more depth. I love the details and am a hair away from building a better rig around it or letting it go.

http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=203

post #6206 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

How does one get a hold of the the "warmer" sounding pads? Apparently I have production pads. There should be pics of the two pads.

As it is the he560 is sort of a mixed bag for my preferences. I do believe they are really good headphones but their balance is upward tilted and accompanied by their speed and control makes for a less inviting, sultry sound. It's out to impress rather than be down to earth. It's balance forces me to pay attention to it instead of the music. Quality for quality it's a very faultless headphone. I just find it hard to listen to the music over the headphone. This will take more brain burn in for me or I will let it go. I keep opening and closing my fs add because there is so much to like about it. I just wish for a lot more height in the soundstage because it seems very short and a little more depth. I love the details and am a hair away from building a better rig around it or letting it go.


Gotta ask - have you hooked the 560's up to a vintage amp yet?

post #6207 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

How does one get a hold of the the "warmer" sounding pads? Apparently I have production pads. There should be pics of the two pads.


As it is the he560 is sort of a mixed bag for my preferences. I do believe they are really good headphones but their balance is upward tilted and accompanied by their speed and control makes for a less inviting, sultry sound. It's out to impress rather than be down to earth. It's balance forces me to pay attention to it instead of the music. Quality for quality it's a very faultless headphone. I just find it hard to listen to the music over the headphone. This will take more brain burn in for me or I will let it go. I keep opening and closing my fs add because there is so much to like about it. I just wish for a lot more height in the soundstage because it seems very short and a little more depth. I love the details and am a hair away from building a better rig around it or letting it go.


Gotta ask - have you hooked the 560's up to a vintage amp yet?
No more vintage gear here for me but since you mention it boy would that be my solution. Along with the pads. I think ill pic up a NAD again!!!!! That loudness switch and turning the treble down a hair ( if I don't get a dark one) would be nothing short of epic.
post #6208 of 8312
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post


No more vintage gear here for me but since you mention it boy would that be my solution. Along with the pads. I think ill pic up a NAD again!!!!! That loudness switch and turning the treble down a hair ( if I don't get a dark one) would be nothing short of epic.


Tell me about it, I am going to make speaker taps for my NAD M3 to use with the 560.

post #6209 of 8312
Be careful. I will just use the hp out on the one I buy. Got the taps though just in case!
post #6210 of 8312

Extremely upset by what just happened. My first set of HE-560s came in the mail a few weeks ago. It was scratched up pretty bad, so I requested a return and sent it back. Today, I received my replacements scratched up EVEN WORSE than last time and here's the kicker... The headphone cable wasn't included in the package.

 

Don't really know what to say, haven't ever dealt with quality control issues like this before. Very disappointed by how long it took to get the replacements shipped and the fact that the headphones came in worse shape than last time is extremely surprising. I was legitimately shocked , had my mouth open for like 5 minutes then took pictures and emailed them back. ****, really really pissed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =