or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 40

post #586 of 17297
^Depends if he was quick enough to order the first batch though.
The first batch has been divided between head-direct and dealers long ago.
I mean here's hoping for mid April latest but I ain't holding my breath.
post #587 of 17297

What kind of an amp should i have for the HE-560. I am getting a fully upgraded Geek Pulse X and will get the HE-560 after that.

Since the Pulse X is supposed to have a tubey yet resolving kind of sound, i think it may be an excellent match for the HE-560.

According to some impressions about the Geek Out, it is very dynamic, resolving and has a very well rounded sound with tremendous bass punch and extension. I guess the Pulse X will have these characteristics, though they will be a lot more refined. Do you guys think that based on this, the Pulse X and HE-560 combo will be a good pairing?

post #588 of 17297

From what I understand the Geek Pulse S and Geek Pulse are more powerful than the balanced Geek Pulse X...

I am totally not sure about this though, that's kust what I've gotten from the specs.

post #589 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote from Fang:
great. we will do some test asap and come back to you

 

 

Now chill your arses. Stuff is being done.

post #590 of 17297

^ We shall now chill our arses and will quietly appreciate all the efforts you've put and done.

 

Is the baffle the only issue you have found worth recommending/recommended for fixing? I'd hope so as that'd still be pretty awesome for a complete redesign.

 

Lastly [and I'll shut up right after that, I am probably the most curios, annoying and hyped fellow right now... sorry :frown:] did you recommend a particular fix for the baffle.

 

Thank you Jerg. You're putting in a great deal of work that is greatly appreciated here.


Edited by conquerator2 - 3/31/14 at 12:42pm
post #591 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

^ We shall now chill our arses and will quietly appreciate all the efforts you've put and done.

 

Is the baffle the only issue you have found worth recommending/recommended for fixing? I'd hope so as that'd still be pretty awesome for a complete redesign.

 

Lastly [and I'll shut up right after that, I am probably the most curios, annoying and hyped fellow right now... sorry :frown:] did you recommend a particular fix for the baffle.

 

Thank you Jerg. You're putting in a great deal of work that is greatly appreciated here.

Well I recommended what I did, which was just add some felt or foam strips at strategic locations under the baffle to give it support and good coupling with the drivers, that and drill out holes to accomodate for the driver screws which are inappropriately pushing up the baffle at certain spots.

post #592 of 17297
^ great then atsmile.gif

Keep up posted wink.gif
Edited by conquerator2 - 3/31/14 at 1:13pm
post #593 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Well I recommended what I did, which was just add some felt or foam strips at strategic locations under the baffle to give it support and good coupling with the drivers, that and drill out holes to accommodate for the driver screws which are inappropriately pushing up the baffle at certain spots.

+1 :cool: One step closer to perfection!

post #594 of 17297
post #595 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewewho77 View Post

Hi guys
I have a pair of HE500 and last week I bought a pair of HE6
The 500 didn't have much head time since
Should I consider the 560 if the weight don't matter to me?
Thanks

 

It depends on whether you have an amp that can drive the HE-6 properly > if you do then you should be happy with what you have if weight doesn't matter.

post #596 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Well I recommended what I did, which was just add some felt or foam strips at strategic locations under the baffle to give it support and good coupling with the drivers, that and drill out holes to accomodate for the driver screws which are inappropriately pushing up the baffle at certain spots.

 

Do you think HFM's testing with the 2-ply HE-500-style baffles on the HE-560s that butchered the vocals is because of the specific construction and tuning of the HE-560s?  I'm wondering if somehow modifying the 2-ply baffles might affect the mids in a positive way.  I know, I know... try it!  If I can figure out a way without butchering the baffles, I'll give it a shot.  The trick will be to make it reversible, in case the results are less than pleasing.  I can think of ways to fill most of that gap and still let the mounting rings in, but they're not reversible.


Just looking for some educated guesses here.  Maybe not be worth it, since they are two different cans.

post #597 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Do you think HFM's testing with the 2-ply HE-500-style baffles on the HE-560s that butchered the vocals is because of the specific construction and tuning of the HE-560s?  I'm wondering if somehow modifying the 2-ply baffles might affect the mids in a positive way.  I know, I know... try it!  If I can figure out a way without butchering the baffles, I'll give it a shot.  The trick will be to make it reversible, in case the results are less than pleasing.  I can think of ways to fill most of that gap and still let the mounting rings in, but they're not reversible.


Just looking for some educated guesses here.  Maybe not be worth it, since they are two different cans.

No way they'd do that now IMO... The one baffle setup is excellent - drilling a few holes and/or gluing/taping the baffle in place >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> easier than trying to implement a dual baffle setup... Having to tweak the driver again.

No way, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot with that especially this close to launch. It'd also be abundant and pointless in this circumstance... IMO. YMMV.


Edited by conquerator2 - 3/31/14 at 1:42pm
post #598 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

Do you think HFM's testing with the 2-ply HE-500-style baffles on the HE-560s that butchered the vocals is because of the specific construction and tuning of the HE-560s?  I'm wondering if somehow modifying the 2-ply baffles might affect the mids in a positive way.  I know, I know... try it!  If I can figure out a way without butchering the baffles, I'll give it a shot.  The trick will be to make it reversible, in case the results are less than pleasing.  I can think of ways to fill most of that gap and still let the mounting rings in, but they're not reversible.


Just looking for some educated guesses here.  Maybe not be worth it, since they are two different cans.

Fang told me that they already tested the two-layer baffles during the HE560 development stage, apparently it allowed the bass to behave properly, but messed with the midrange.

 

And I tried it too, except it turns out the HE560 cups are like 2 mm smaller in diametre compared to older Hifimans, so the older two-layer baffle actually doesn't fit (by a tiny margin).

 

At any rate that isn't the solution lol. I think they strategically used the single-layer baffle in this case for sonic reasons.

post #599 of 17297
The 560 butchers vocals?
post #600 of 17297

I think Thurston was looking at ways to modify the HE500 to make the mids better, not replacing the 560 baffles.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =