Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 358

post #5356 of 12686

Want to share my experience here.. Never think I got to it?

 

The 560 in my posession is as insensitive as my HE-5LE, maybe even slightly more insensitive.. For reference my HE-500 is around 4-5 dB louder at same setting give or take.

post #5357 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Getting a chance to audition the Orpheus was like getting the head-cheerleader to go to the prom with you in high school. 

 

Seriously, while not as technically gifted as the sr-009 or even hd800, the he90 has the most drop dead gorgeous tone that I've ever heard in hp's or speakers. It has become the best hp I've ever heard. 


The Orpheus is something truly special. The only headphone I found more beautiful sounding than the Orpheus was the bass-heavy R10. After hearing them, it's no wonder people don't want to let go of the Orpheus or the R10 often or why they demand such a high price tag.

post #5358 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

FocusPad-A are more linear in their FR... It's pretty much the only significant difference I've spotted with these pads (again, I am not a fan of any of them) but it's an important one. I cannot say how much close to perfectly linear they are - but I can tell from my experience with many pads on the HE-4 that FocusPad-A are just more linear-sounding and therefore get my recommendation from these two versions.

Yep, I think I get this now. What I perceive as a bit of glare in lesser-quality recordings (one with some digital glare) the 560 does exhibit it moderately (but not like, say HD800s).

Thanks for that. I guess I need to try the other pads.

post #5359 of 12686

Just a question - is the significantly recessed region from 10khz to 20khz really (or only) a measuring artifact? I don't really get any real airiness or sense of openness from these pads... They provide good soundstage width and imaging but feel somewhat muted in upper treble. Like overly attenuated and (therefore) quite non-transparent.


Edited by Ron12 - 7/14/14 at 6:31pm
post #5360 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post
 

Yep, I think I get this now. What I perceive as a bit of glare in lesser-quality recordings (one with some digital glare) the 560 does exhibit it moderately (but not like, say HD800s).

Thanks for that. I guess I need to try the other pads.

 

Yes.

post #5361 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

Just a question - is the significantly recessed region from 10khz to 20khz really (or only) a measuring artifact? I don't really get any real airiness or sense of openness from these pads... They provide good soundstage width and imaging but feel somewhat muted in upper treble. Like overly attenuated and (therefore) quite non-transparent.

 

It should be a measurement artifact. 

post #5362 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambanna View Post
 

Could be worse.  This is how mine arrived:

 

Three other corners were scuffed up as well.  I suggested that head-direct change their packing foam setup to make it courier proof, but they didn't seem too worried about it.  Maybe they'll be a little more receptive to the idea when they see a few more of these.

 

Anyway... mine arrived just before I had to hit the road for work.  So I've been relegated to listening to them straight from my FIIO X5.  The X5 is doing a pretty solid job driving them.  Volume is only a problem if you want to use the EQ.  Their amazing imaging abilities are really evident on well produced tracks.  However I can't wait to feed these some more juice.

 

Has anyone tried the 560 from speaker taps yet?

 

I'll be giving that a try when I get back home in a couple weeks.  I'm hoping it negates the need for an amp purchase.  But of course I'm looking forward to everyone else's amp synergy results.

Was this from Head direct as well? I think they should seriously consider double boxing their shipments, like headroom and many other places do. Otherwise this type of issues are inevitable. I don't really care much about fancy boxes. I even consider the uber-fancy box of the Oppo PM-1 a negative, as I don't want to pay for a fancy box. Than again, what good is a nice box if it arrives broken?

post #5363 of 12686

I just got mine from Headroom and the box is undamaged.  I can't believe how comfy these are, and the initial sonic impressions are very positive.  I still have plenty of that car grill mesh left to make a pair for this.

post #5364 of 12686

Just sold my modded HE-500s. HE-560 incoming. What I'm looking forward to:

 

1. How they pair with my La Figaro 339 (TS 5998). My modded HE-500 was simply amazing with this setup. If they don't work well then I guess I have to look into the Violectric V281 ;)

2. Comfort. The HE-500s were just a bit too fatiguing. The 560s were one of the most comfortable HP I've ever worn.

3. I listened to the 560s out of every amp I could at T.H.E Show in Newport (WA7, HA-1, Lyr2, Valhalla2 Ragnorak, GS-X MkII, WA6 SE, EF-6, etc etc). They seem to scale very, very well IMO.

4. Kept my Norne Cable. Should help as much as it helped the 500.

 

Right now I'm stuck with these LFF Enigmas, and they're the most revealing HP I've ever heard and I'm hoping the 560 will compliment them well enough :D We'll see.

post #5365 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxc View Post
 

Was this from Head direct as well? I think they should seriously consider double boxing their shipments, like headroom and many other places do. Otherwise this type of issues are inevitable. I don't really care much about fancy boxes. I even consider the uber-fancy box of the Oppo PM-1 a negative, as I don't want to pay for a fancy box. Than again, what good is a nice box if it arrives broken?

Yes it shipped from head-direct directly from Hong Kong.  I did send an email to their customer service again, to strongly suggest they revise their shipping packages after I saw multiple cases of the same damage here on head-fi.  

 

Customer service said they did pass my feedback on to the shipping department.  Hopefully they have had enough complaints and have fixed the issue already.

post #5366 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post

Just sold my modded HE-500s. HE-560 incoming. What I'm looking forward to:

1. How they pair with my La Figaro 339 (TS 5998). My modded HE-500 was simply amazing with this setup. If they don't work well then I guess I have to look into the Violectric V281 wink.gif
2. Comfort. The HE-500s were just a bit too fatiguing. The 560s were one of the most comfortable HP I've ever worn.
3. I listened to the 560s out of every amp I could at T.H.E Show in Newport (WA7, HA-1, Lyr2, Valhalla2 Ragnorak, GS-X MkII, WA6 SE, EF-6, etc etc). They seem to scale very, very well IMO.
4. Kept my Norne Cable. Should help as much as it helped the 500.

Right now I'm stuck with these LFF Enigmas, and they're the most revealing HP I've ever heard and I'm hoping the 560 will compliment them well enough biggrin.gif We'll see.

Please do post your detailed impressions between the Enigma and the HE-560!! Even if the Enigma's closed-back. I hope someone with a Code-X would review the HE-560 in comparison as well
post #5367 of 12686

Maricius, I probably should've specified more for others. For those who don't know, the LFF Enigma is a closed back creation of a (former) member and are the best closed headphones I've ever heard. I'm hoping the HE-560 can compliment it well on it's technical abilities which are, at times, a bit too good (unforgiving). The 560, as a complimentary, open headphone, I'm hoping for a bit of forgiveness, but not as much as the HE500. The Enigma is certainly colored (a bit dark), but unbelievably revealing with excellent separation and the best isolation of any headphone I've ever listened to. Now I'm babbling...

post #5368 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Want to share my experience here.. Never think I got to it?

 

The 560 in my posession is as insensitive as my HE-5LE, maybe even slightly more insensitive.. For reference my HE-500 is around 4-5 dB louder at same setting give or take.

Same here.

post #5369 of 12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricius View Post

Please do post your detailed impressions between the Enigma and the HE-560!! Even if the Enigma's closed-back. I hope someone with a Code-X would review the HE-560 in comparison as well
I have one of the 20 original code-x's with the right amp to compare both.. will see what i can do... ☺ but i will tell ya in advance...the 560 has to be one hell of a phone to beat the most musical headphone i ever heard...
Edited by hifimanrookie - 7/14/14 at 9:50pm
post #5370 of 12686
What would you guys consider some of the best amp and dac combos for the He-560's in the ~$700-$800 range?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =