or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 312

post #4666 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I believe the preproduction pad's quality should be okay :)

 

I mean, if they wear out after a month or two, that'd be pretty lame... So they better won't! 

 

I hope there is something that could bring the production version closer to pre version soundwise... There must be some rather small difference in materials somewhere.

 

... could anybody like jerg enlighten me? I would be very grateful.

post #4667 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

I hope there is something that could bring the production version closer to pre version soundwise... There must be some rather small difference in materials somewhere.

 

... could anybody like jerg enlighten me? I would be very grateful.

I believe it's a matter of pleather [production] vs mesh fabric [pre-pro] underneath... Something with the damping or the overall structure.

The ear openings size might affect this as well...

 

It's good to have choices though!

post #4668 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I believe it's a matter of pleather [production] vs mesh fabric [pre-pro] underneath... Something with the damping or the overall structure.

The ear openings size might affect this as well...

 

It's good to have choices though!

 

Yeah but 100USD in pads (including shipping)... Previous velour + pleather cost 50USD in total including 2x shipping!

post #4669 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

I believe it's a matter of pleather [production] vs mesh fabric [pre-pro] underneath... Something with the damping or the overall structure.

The ear openings size might affect this as well...

 

Could anybody provide more accurate answer, with pics at best? Is there anything how to modify the pads to make them like the pre version?

post #4670 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

Yeah but 100USD in pads (including shipping)... Previous velour + pleather cost 50USD in total including 2x shipping!

Audeze pads cost $100 a pair, MadDogs cost $80... Again, in terms of price/comfort, the HiFiMAN should be ahead of everyone...

Besides, the previous HiFiMAN pads were pretty bad in comparison so... the price increase does reflect comfort gain!

post #4671 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Ordered the pre-production pads, should arrive a few day after the 560s w/ production pads. Enough time to get accustomed to them :popcorn: 

 

Kudos to Hifiman for handling another "issue" just as briskly!

For my part I hesitate, knowing that the quality of production pads is the best, and maybe I'll find them satisfactory.

But I would like to have your opinion when you receive the pre-prod pads !

post #4672 of 17297
There is a good review on amazon from a customer with some knowledge, comparing 500 vs 560 found it pretty correct in that I have both
Both great phones, but different I am keeping 560 comfort and more detail sq
post #4673 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
 

For my part I hesitate, knowing that the quality of production pads is the best, and maybe I'll find them satisfactory.

But I would like to have your opinion when you receive the pre-prod pads !

 

I hesitate especially because the inner diameter is smaller with pre pads... That's what could be a dealbreaker. I find Hifiman pleather pads completely fine while Hifiman velours are somewhat a bit smaller in inner diameter than would be completely satisfactory.

post #4674 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
 

For my part I hesitate, knowing that the quality of production pads is the best, and maybe I'll find them satisfactory.

But I would like to have your opinion when you receive the pre-prod pads !

Ask you shall receive ;)

 

I'll share my opinion with the community of course :) 

post #4675 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

I hesitate especially because the inner diameter is smaller with pre pads... That's what could be a dealbreaker. I find Hifiman pleather pads completely fine while Hifiman velours are somewhat a bit smaller in inner diameter than would be completely satisfactory.

This is not a problem for me anyway (evidence: I am very comfortable with Momentum!)

post #4676 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Seems like you are committed to purchase the 400i when released, yes?

It's a decision I have to think about right up until the 400i comes out.
post #4677 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


It's a decision I have to think about right up until the 400i comes out.

 

Okay then. You have three weeks...or about. 

post #4678 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

I hesitate especially because the inner diameter is smaller with pre pads... That's what could be a dealbreaker. I find Hifiman pleather pads completely fine while Hifiman velours are somewhat a bit smaller in inner diameter than would be completely satisfactory.

 

The preproduction pads do have a slightly smaller inner opening, but they have a lip in which the ear is allowed to rest behind.  The production pads have a wall, in which the ears can not rest behind.  Overall the two are about the same in regards to roominess.  The older style Hifiman pure pleather pads are overall the biggest pads, with the same 6cm opening and a lip for your ears to rest behind.

post #4679 of 17297

So the pads arrived... Going to compare with Hifiman pleathers and Hifiman velours (or maybe even 990 Beyer pads).

post #4680 of 17297

Ok... So here goes my impresssions:

 

1) Could anybody explain me while my pads does not have 6cm inner diameter at all (even though it should have from the description on head-direct.com)?

 

Hybrid production pads (5.3 cm inner diameter)

Hifiman pleather pads (6.0 cm inner diameter)

 

 

I cannot fit my ears inside to feel comfortable... My ears are always touching the pads. It's annoying and far from comfortable. I am disappointed seriously because different inner diameter was advertised on the official store website.

 

 

2) The overall angle of these pads is good... But not better than with my modded pleather pads.

 

 

 

3) The top velour material is very soft... And I find it sufficient for good comfort but it is no match for Beyer 990 pads. Beyer's velour is significantly cooler and softer on skin.

 

4) My impressions from first listening is that they are not as good match for HE-4 as Hifiman pleathers are. And the second preliminary impression from listening with the pads is that they are nothing special soundwise... I don't find them worth 39USD over 10USD velours and 20USD pleathers.

 

I am going to post more on their sound most probably... But these are not going to stay most probably as comfort is subpar for me overall and sound is nothing special it seems.


Edited by Ron12 - 7/7/14 at 6:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =