or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 311

post #4651 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHM View Post

FYI: Head-Direct now has the pre-order 560 pads listed for sale. Everyone should be happy now....


Way to go. Should have included the price so we can be even lazier. Gah, I need to go to bed.

Price is $39, as expected. Uhhh, do the 400i use different pads than the 560? The 400i is not listed under the ones that the pre-prod will go with.


Edited by SoAmusing777 - 7/7/14 at 2:18am
post #4652 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHM View Post

FYI: Head-Direct now has the pre-order 560 pads listed for sale. Everyone should be happy now....

 

The question is how limited this pre-order pads are in quantity... I have to wait several hours for the delivery of production version to find out whether it would make any sense for me to pay another 50USD.

post #4653 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post

Do a bit of research on both. The Ember has a transferable warranty so if you score a used unit from an original owner you'd have 3 years from when they purchased it new.


From what I read, truly amazing, especially for the rpice. For $164 difference (the S/C version) it's not bad at all, as I see this as an end-game amp. Still think I'd wait to pick up one used though. It's certainly more complex than the Asgard2.

post #4654 of 17297

can someone with LCD2 and HE-560 can do serious comprasion? 

post #4655 of 17297
As long as the pre-pads are available by the time the 400i comes out, I'm happy. I'd be happier if the 400i came WITH the pre-pads.
post #4656 of 17297
The ember is to be compared with the lyr IMO.
post #4657 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post
 

So the new 560 pads provide a bump in the mids, which should counteract the he400's recessed mids, am I right?

 

Would also like to know. Need to grab a new pair of pads for my 400s. Production or Preproduction? Can anyone summarise the difference (or link me)? From what I can make out, the production pads are better made (stitching, matched), but have a mids/lower treble spike, where as the preproduction pads don't, but won't be as well made?

post #4658 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chengsta View Post
 

So the new 560 pads provide a bump in the mids, which should counteract the he400's recessed mids, am I right?

 

Would also like to know. Need to grab a new pair of pads for my 400s. Production or Preproduction? Can anyone summarise the difference (or link me)? From what I can make out, the production pads are better made (stitching, matched), but have a mids/lower treble spike, where as the preproduction pads don't, but won't be as well made?

Both pads are available from head-direct.

 

Production: http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198

Pre: http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=203#

post #4659 of 17297

Ordered the pre-production pads, should arrive a few day after the 560s w/ production pads. Enough time to get accustomed to them :popcorn: 

 

Kudos to Hifiman for handling another "issue" just as briskly!


Edited by conquerator2 - 7/7/14 at 4:45am
post #4660 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Both pads are available from head-direct.

 

Production: http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198

Pre: http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=203#

Yea, so the dilemma is, what pads would be better suited for the 400s :p I'm kinda leaning towards the production pads, for the better construction, and the potential to fill in a bit of the mids-hole that the 400s have.....

post #4661 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Ordered the pre-production pads, should arrive a few day after the 560s w/ production pads. Enough time to get accustomed to them :popcorn: 

 

Kudos to Hifiman for handling another "issue" just as briskly!

 

Are you sure they really solved the situation? Are they going to produce both pads for the years to come, or is the pre-production version strictly limited to what they currently have in stock?

 

I am waiting for the production pads to arrive... And I am worried about whether the pre pads will be available later today (or tomorrow). I ordered very early after they announced the production version on their site and yet I had to wait since they didnt have enough of them in stock in the end ´=/ =/ =/


Edited by Ron12 - 7/7/14 at 4:54am
post #4662 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
 

Yea, so the dilemma is, what pads would be better suited for the 400s :p I'm kinda leaning towards the production pads, for the better construction, and the potential to fill in a bit of the mids-hole that the 400s have.....

 

If you have HE-400, go with the production version... At least this is what I would do for 1000 %.

 

HE-4? I want the pre-production frequency response with the production pads quality!

post #4663 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

As long as the pre-pads are available by the time the 400i comes out, I'm happy. I'd be happier if the 400i came WITH the pre-pads.

 

Seems like you are committed to purchase the 400i when released, yes?

post #4664 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

If you have HE-400, go with the production version... At least this is what I would do for 1000 %.

 

HE-4? I want the pre-production frequency response with the production pads quality!

I believe the preproduction pad's quality should be okay :)

 

I mean, if they wear out after a month or two, that'd be pretty lame... So they better won't! 

post #4665 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

If you have HE-400, go with the production version... At least this is what I would do for 1000 %.

 

HE-4? I want the pre-production frequency response with the production pads quality!

Fair call. Production pads it is :)

I noticed they also have 560 cable up for order. $149 though, ouch. Would much rather put that cash towards the 400i/560 or an Oppo HA1 though :p

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =