or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 304

post #4546 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

Could you ask him about possibility of exchanging the pads - or at least of giving some discount for us who already purchased the 'flawed'? version? I don't want to pay another 50USD (including shipping) for the revised/re-introduced set...

 

 

They can most likely send you a new set of pads later on free of charge from one of their US warehouses-- assuming you're in the US.

post #4547 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

 

 

They can most likely send you a new set of pads later on free of charge from one of their US warehouses-- assuming you're in the US.

 

No... I am not. So do I need to pay the whole 50USD price?

post #4548 of 17297
Thread Starter 

Like I said, still waiting on Fang to elaborate on what he plans to do. Patience, young grasshoppers.

post #4549 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

While you guys are busy bickering with each-other, I've been exchanging emails with Fang about the pads. What's confirmed is that he very well may bring the older pads back, I'm still waiting on him to elaborate further.

Thanks Jerg for using your power of direct communication and reputation.
I'll await the official word from Fang and Hifiman, which is what I was hoping for before buying.
post #4550 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post


Thanks Jerg for using your power of direct communication and reputation.
I'll await the official word from Fang and Hifiman, which is what I was hoping for before buying.

 

I should have been wiser... I knew that Audeze and Hifiman headphones are revised almost several times per year but I didn't expect the same situation about EARPADS. :confused:

 

However, it would be unfair from me to refuse the package (or at least I feel that way)... So I am going to accept the pads and give them a try. In the end, the company designed many great headphones so I have some serious respect for them. But I would really appreciate to get a final version of the pads at some time in the future - to be certain at some point that I have the final and best version mounted on my headphones (with no additional revisions scheduled).


Edited by Ron12 - 7/6/14 at 12:50pm
post #4551 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Defender View Post
 


$720 shipped is a stupidly good price. That must feel nice to get a solid score like that! I was even a little bit more lucky once back when I purchased my SPL Auditor new. I went all over the Internet searching and everywhere it was basically $899US. Then I stumble across a Canadian seller showing $545 Canadian. Needless to say I hit add to cart very quickly.

Definitely. You make me wanna keep looking for a different vendor (in a different country) to see if I can go even lower. How low can you go? :P lol. Way to go though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist8108 View Post

Been listening to the 560 for a week now. Comparing them to the 800, LCD3, K712 & HE 500. Got about 100 hrs. on em so far. Really a great HP. A lot of fuss over the pads on previous posts, great thing is with the HFM HP pad swapping is a breeze. The new pads are (for me) sonically better than the older pleathers or velour but for my ears at least I could use a bit more room inside, they still feel a bit tight. More experimentation to come on pad rolling.
Bass on the 560 is less for sure than the 500's, tighter but less energy in the sub-bass region, especially compared the LCD3. For the most part these are great all rounders. Micro detail is much better than the 500 as well as soundstage, and as much as I love the 500 this is where I felt they were lacking. The LCD3 is still the better HP for me in SQ, but the comfort is bothersome, can only listen for short periods.
The 560 is a joy to wear!

 

Those are certainly wonderful headphones to compare with. What is pad rolling?
:( Less!? Grr. Hopefully more than the k712 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ123 View Post
 

Has anyone ordered these off of HeadRoom? I attempted to order them today with the 20% off deal, but since they are out of stock, they will not even take orders. Was anyone able to order these with the discount after they went out of stock? If so, could you explain how you were able to get the discount?

I will Monday. The 20% off expires that day and is the same day they are set to arrive there. And btw, sorry. Earlier you could order even though they weren't suppose to get them till Monday. You could also apply the 20% off. I tried it. I emailed headroom though because I was interested in the 400i. During the correspondance WITH THE CEO (spoke with Jude, the head honcho here yesterday too), lol, he said that ordering it shouldn't have been possible. It was a glitch of sorts. You'll have to try on the website/call Monday. There's no way to order with it out of stock.

This is what he said to me - Just call us or email next week after we get them and we'll see what we can do. I bet we can make it happen for you either way .


Edited by SoAmusing777 - 7/6/14 at 1:16pm
post #4552 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post

I want to know this is the final revision of the product, once and for all.

Good luck. The HE-400 had 4 revisions. While I don't see where revisions would be made with the 560 (more bass somehow?), you're never gonna be guaranteed anything. Improvements come. it's the name of the game. That's what happens when you're an early adopter. You get to enjoy the headphone, but also might end up spending more money and get a slightly lesser version than those who wait. Maybe pick up a HE-500/wait for the 400i in the meantime? I could stick with my IE800's if I wanted, but this 20% off code is just too tempting. Otherwise, there's no way I'd be buying for $900.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexby View Post

2. The treble spike was something that gave me cause for concern, and is one trait I don't like in general.

Maybe I'll jump off here and watch the HE-400i thread instead since I'm in no purchasing rush either.

Hey, you're not the only one. While it may seem miniscule to some, I'm sensitive to treble. I already have tinnitus. Can't stand harsh treble or spikes. I also want something linear/neutral so.. Yeah, was interested in the 400i as well. Man, need to go read some reviews of it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

While you guys are busy bickering with each-other, I've been exchanging emails with Fang about the pads. What's confirmed is that he very well may bring the older pads back, I'm still waiting on him to elaborate further.

Well, thank you. Mmm, someone here says the HE-500 has more bass. Any news on if anymore shall come to the 560 or is that just a subjective opinion?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

Is he going to bring them back, with better stitching and matched pairs like the newer ones?  Would be interesting to see what the newer ones with the same mesh insides of the older pads could do as well.

 

Wonderful question. I was wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron12 View Post
 

 

Could you ask him about possibility of exchanging the pads - or at least of giving some discount for us who already purchased the 'flawed'? version? I don't want to pay another 50USD (including shipping) for the revised/re-introduced set...

Totally with you there.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Sigh, here we go again...

 

Fine, bring back the old pads, I'll buy them, that's great, but that better be it. And I mean it - IT.

 

Having two sets of pads is always nice, though having just one would be even better...:popcorn:

Yeah, I don't wanna have buyer's remorse. I also don't wanna get the lesser version when I'm being an early adopter, but I guess that's what comes with it. Idk, I feel early adopters should get some discounts towards later revisions or something.

post #4553 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

 

 

They can most likely send you a new set of pads later on free of charge from one of their US warehouses-- assuming you're in the US.


Oh that would be lovely. I'd even be willing to ship them back the originals in a case like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Like I said, still waiting on Fang to elaborate on what he plans to do. Patience, young grasshoppers.


It IS the weekend people.

post #4554 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

While you guys are busy bickering with each-other, I've been exchanging emails with Fang about the pads.(...)


 


Thanx Jerg !
post #4555 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist8108 View Post

Bass on the 560 is less for sure than the 500's, tighter but less energy in the sub-bass region, especially compared the LCD3.

Interesting... Do we have a consensus on this?

post #4556 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigon_ridge View Post
 

Interesting... Do we have a consensus on this?

Look at the measurements. HE560 has extremely linear bass just like 95% of other modern planars.

 

 

It is however significantly cleaner/tighter (lower distortion / faster transient decay) than HE500's low frequency reproduction, which means HE500 has a fatter-sounding bass, while HE560's bass is more lean and faithful. Another more audiophile-way of putting it is, HE500's bass has more presence while HE560's bass is more articulate.


Edited by jerg - 7/6/14 at 1:37pm
post #4557 of 17297

I find 560's bass to extend equally as well as the LCD2, LCD-X, HE-400.  Its bass extension has no faults.

 

It doesn't have as upfront of a bass as the LCD-X and the HE-400, but it's just as impactful.  Truth be told though, depending on the song, its bass can often sound like the HE-400's.  HE-560 can sound really different depending on the recording being fed to it.

post #4558 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiger View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

While you guys are busy bickering with each-other, I've been exchanging emails with Fang about the pads.(...)

 


Thanx Jerg !


Did you know you can click the thumbs up button instead to add to reputation as well as put a comment in there? For instances like this I think it's better than quoting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Look at the measurements. HE560 has extremely linear bass just like 95% of other modern planars.

 

 

It is however significantly cleaner/tighter (lower distortion / faster transient decay) than HE500's low frequency reproduction, which means HE500 has a fatter-sounding bass, while HE560's bass is more lean and faithful. Another more audiophile-way of putting it is, HE500's bass has more presence while HE560's bass is more articulate.


Ah, thanks for the answer. Hmm, do you feel that the bass of the 560 is enough to satisfy most of us? I suppose I am a bit of a basshead. The k712 wasn't satisfying enough (better than the q701 though). The HE-400's I have now just about do it for me though.

post #4559 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I find 560's bass to extend equally as well as the LCD2, LCD-X, HE-400.  Its bass extension has no faults.

 

It doesn't have as upfront of a bass as the LCD-X and the HE-400, but it's just as impactful.  Truth be told though, depending on the song, its bass can often sound like the HE-400's.  HE-560 can sound really different depending on the recording being fed to it.

Wonderful. What do you mean by upfront though?

post #4560 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoAmusing777 View Post
 


Did you know you can click the thumbs up button instead to add to reputation as well as put a comment in there? For instances like this I think it's better than quoting.


Ah, thanks for the answer. Hmm, do you feel that the bass of the 560 is enough to satisfy most of us? I suppose I am a bit of a basshead. The k712 wasn't satisfying enough (better than the q701 though). The HE-400's I have now just about do it for me though.

 

This is definitely not a bass-heavy phone.  With that said, if the bass is in the track, it will be reproduced, if it's not, then it won't.  With that said, I don't feel that these will satisfy bassheads looking for quantity...  If they want quality, they will get it. If you want the bigger, fatter bass, the 400i may be a better direction to go.  The PM-1 may work as well for that too. 


Edited by tinyman392 - 7/6/14 at 1:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =