OK, they're here!
After my initial 20 minutes of listening (I know, far less than the recommended 150 hrs of burn-in, but hey!), here are my initial impressions:
- overall construction and fit/finish are very nice - my wood veneers match in color and I can't find any defects so far
- definitely reminiscent of my listening sessions with the HE-500, but certainly a more open soundstage (width)
- bass is well defined and certainly seems to have fantastic impact, but need to listen balanced to truly compare with the HD800s
- overall, very comfortable to wear - the lighter weight is certainly a big bonus - my neck would fatigue after 2 hours with the HE-500, but I can tell these will go MUCH longer
- love the cable that it ships with - very light and flexible
- the pads seal around my ears much tighter than my HD800s and as such I notice sweating quite quickly - this may change after the pads wear-in
- although the cable is well built, I find it too short for my liking - I'm working on a replacement balanced cable right now, so we'll see how they sound with my OCC cable once done
- definitely not the prettiest to look at when wearing... thankfully the visual esthetics are the least important - sonic qualities are what count!
That's enough for now and obviously are only my initial impressions. So far though, things bode well and I'm pretty pleased with the addition of the 560s to my collection. We'll see how I feel once my balanced cable is put into use and they've had significantly more burn-in time.
Edited by AgentXXL - 7/4/14 at 11:30am