Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 284

post #4246 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna47 View Post

No insult to cute but he has had nothing very nice to say about the 560 he really should return them
I do not find these problems at all that does not mean I am right just if your unhappy you should dump them. So far I am very satisfied I hated the female vocals of the HD400 so I sold it an got the 500 why would I continue to keep a phone I have very little nice to say about

 

If he hears it, he hears it...  Not going to shun him for stating something.  Especially when it's explained in the graphs and confirmed subjectively from him (he was able to get rid of it by EQ, it agrees with what was graphed).  I say that he's sensitive to one of the frequencies he EQ'd down.  I do hear irregularities in the treble as well with certain songs (but they are poorly recorded to begin with :p). 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post
 

 

That shouldn't stop him from saying negative things. I like hearing these kinds of things. While I didn't hear what he dislikes about them myself (under meet conditions), it's interesting to read what other people are hearing.

 

+1

post #4247 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna47 View Post

No insult to cute but he has had nothing very nice to say about the 560 he really should return them...
..
Haha funny but I don't think he is putting them down.
He just making detailed observations that others may not notice.
Somehow I doubt he will return them tongue.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 7/2/14 at 2:50pm
post #4248 of 8544

I must admit that I like the new version much more. That lower treble increase made them sound much more clean and involving. Also they sound less distant than the preorder model. I think this is the perfect sound signature I was looking for a long time, or it's very close to it. I really enjoy listening to psytrance on these.

 

Besides the sound, I also must say that the new pair looks better in person than preproduction. It's more rich and mature. The veneer feels better in hands.

 

I only feel that the new pads are bit less comfortable, but that might change in the future. They were packed differently than preorder, so probably the headband didn't have time to stretch and clamping force is just bigger.

post #4249 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee754 View Post
 

I must admit that I like the new version much more. That lower treble increase made them sound much more clean and involving. Also they sound less distant than the preorder model. I think this is the perfect sound signature I was looking for a long time, or it's very close to it. I really enjoy listening to psytrance on these.

 

Besides the sound, I also must say that the new pair looks better in person than preproduction. It's more rich and mature. The veneer feels better in hands.

 

I only feel that the new pads are bit less comfortable, but that might change in the future. They were packed differently than preorder, so probably the headband didn't have time to stretch and clamping force is just bigger.

 

The pads are different...  I don't like them as much either, liked the old pads much better... 

post #4250 of 8544

Yes I know we often hear how "hype" driven we head-fier's are, personally I don't feel this community is that much hype driven as it is enthusiasm driven, and those are very different creatures in my book. As well, underneath much of the so called hype here are some very experienced members who happen to have the money to really try a wide gamut of products and they bring that experience to those of us who can't afford to try all of the gear out there. I have never read enough impressions and reviews of a product, purchased it and found out the majority of users who influenced me were clueless. I am very careful and I take my time reading, evaluating just how much weight I put on the advice/impressions of particular members. This is a great community and if at times we get a little excited I feel that is how it should be anyway. If you can't get a little excited about things then you just won't have any fun.

 

As it relates to the HE 560, I fully expect that flagship level performance (not perfection) has finally come down in price where it should be. I am confident that the 560 represents serious, and very sincere efforts to produce the best sounding headphone at an accessible price as compared to cans like the LCD X and 3, which while I am sure are extremely good, those extra hundreds of dollars really put them out of the hands of many. I could make it to $900, but beyond that, it is tough for me.

post #4251 of 8544

After the new wears off, if they is anyone who would like to do a temporary trade (560 for my hd800)...shoot me a pm.

post #4252 of 8544

I will gladly temporarily trade you mine later on.  I feel I need to give HD800 an extended try to get rid of my bias against it. 

post #4253 of 8544

Sounds good Raven. Just shoot me a pm when you're ready. 

post #4254 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I will gladly temporarily trade you mine later on.  I feel I need to give HD800 an extended try to get rid of my bias against it. 

 

LOL, that might reinforce your bias.

post #4255 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna47 View Post

No insult to cute but he has had nothing very nice to say about the 560 he really should return them...
..
Haha funny but I don't think he is putting them down.
He just making detailed observations that others may not notice.
Somehow I doubt he will return them tongue.gif

 

No, I'm not returning them.  If you don't listen to Vince Gill, Linda Ronstadt or Allison Krause, you probably wouldn't know what I am talking about, most of my library suits me just fine....very fine as a matter of fact.  I know those three sound better on my other HP, or with the EQ, that I pointed out.  It's not the end of the world and make me an HE560 hater!  Just my opinion that I noticed listening on three of my systems, that happen to be very resolving......not everyone would have a system this resolving, in fact I don't think there would be two setups that are the same amongst those that own the HE560.  I am not bashing a very nice HP in the HE560, but I also have not heard the perfect HP either.  It comes down to what you like, and if the Pro's out weigh the Con's!  Personal preference is what it is!

post #4256 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

No, I'm not returning them.  If you don't listen to Vince Gill, Linda Ronstadt or Allison Krause, you probably wouldn't know what I am talking about, most of my library suits me just fine....very fine as a matter of fact.  I know those three sound better on my other HP, or with the EQ, that I pointed out.  It's not the end of the world and make me an HE560 hater!  Just my opinion that I noticed listening on three of my systems, that happen to be very resolving......not everyone would have a system this resolving, in fact I don't think there would be two setups that are the same amongst those that own the HE560.  I am not bashing a very nice HP in the HE560, but I also have not heard the perfect HP either.  It comes down to what you like, and if the Pro's out weigh the Con's!  Personal preference is what it is!

 

Can you name a specific song?  I want to test this :p 

post #4257 of 8544


Hi all! I'm glad to say, after an anxious night of crappy sleeping waiting for this moment I have confirmed the headphones I got were indeed the final production version. biggrin.gif so happy haha lalalala~ time to tape the box up again though -.-
post #4258 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

No, I'm not returning them.  If you don't listen to Vince Gill, Linda Ronstadt or Allison Krause, you probably wouldn't know what I am talking about, most of my library suits me just fine....very fine as a matter of fact.  I know those three sound better on my other HP, or with the EQ, that I pointed out.  It's not the end of the world and make me an HE560 hater!  Just my opinion that I noticed listening on three of my systems, that happen to be very resolving......not everyone would have a system this resolving, in fact I don't think there would be two setups that are the same amongst those that own the HE560.  I am not bashing a very nice HP in the HE560, but I also have not heard the perfect HP either.  It comes down to what you like, and if the Pro's out weigh the Con's!  Personal preference is what it is!

 

Can you name a specific song?  I want to test this :p 


I have the Vince Gill album, "Ballads", from 2013....his voice just isn't as smooth and clear with the 560 to my ears.  Linda Ronstadt's voice has a quality that reacts in a similar way, as well as Allison Krause!  I don't have a problem EQing the 560 while I listen to them.  Also, I have quite a few aftermarket DIY cables so I don't use the stock cable.  What I have is more resolving, imo....but I will not discuss the differences in the different wire used in the cables.  Even HFM uses cables of different design amongst their headphones.  So lets just say cables don't make a difference to avoid any arguments about them.  I love the 560 very much with my setup, which involves a lot of different pieces, and at different times that can change with small changes.  Also, this is something that was not that noticeable with the preorder Rev.1 with the old ear pads.

post #4259 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee754 View Post
 

There is no HE-560 sign on the new box:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711824/lightbox/post/10658160/id/1135430

You should ask HiFiMAN if they will allow you to exchange this pair for the new.

No need mate, I opened the box and double checked.. They are the final version I purchased. So glad haha Image confirming this is in my above post ^^

post #4260 of 8544
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 


I have the Vince Gill album, "Ballads", from 2013....his voice just isn't as smooth and clear with the 560 to my ears.  Linda Ronstadt's voice has a quality that reacts in a similar way, as well as Allison Krause!  I don't have a problem EQing the 560 while I listen to them.  Also, I have quite a few aftermarket DIY cables so I don't use the stock cable.  What I have is more resolving, imo....but I will not discuss the differences in the different wire used in the cables.  Even HFM uses cables of different design amongst their headphones.  So lets just say cables don't make a difference to avoid any arguments about them.  I love the 560 very much with my setup, which involves a lot of different pieces, and at different times that can change with small changes.  Also, this is something that was not that noticeable with the preorder Rev.1 with the old ear pads.

 

I listened to some Allison Krauss while you were typing this up.  Couldn't find much wrong with her voice.  Looking for that Vince Gill album, it wasn't on Spotify...  Tried a random album again, not hearing.  At the same time, I don't know either of these artists that well to really say much.  IMO, I think it might be the 4 kHz boost that the new model got (that's the main difference between them).  HiFiMan, Fang really, tries to hand pick their cables (whichever sounds best in their setup is used as the stock).  Either way, I doubt it's the cable.  I tried :p  LOL.  Still think it's the 4 kHz boost. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =