that's what I understood as well, but I'm confirming. At this point, I plan on sending the "woodys" back since the revised version is supposed to be better. the good thing is we don't have to return the originals until we receive the revised pair, so we can listen to both.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 239
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Likely not, don't want the teak wood to crackup and then you can't find any replacement.
This is a truly limited edition unit...
Wonder how many hundred units is out there?
Unless you have to sell it cracked by that time
So is the official "worldwide" release at hand? When will these be shipped to dealers?
Oh, don't worry... I we've been thrilled since February
Fingers crossed for next week
Edited by conquerator2 - 6/19/14 at 2:10am
I received confirmation from Lu Zhang at HFM about the credit:
"Yes, we provide $100 gift card for pre-orders. You can use it for your next purchase on head-direct."
I'll be using my credit for (partial?) payment on a balanced cable!
I was told that they made the changes due to complaints that the headband rubs and scratches the housing. On the revised version, changes were made to the wooden box, housing, ear cups and comes with a new more durable cable.
The revised version bevelled sides look like plastic. With that, hopefully it does not effect the sound. IMO, the woody housing (one piece) looks better than the revised version.
Yes, that is the correct address. Is it alright with Hifiman if I send both the pre-order 560 and the production 560 off to another person to get measurements of them when I get them? This would delay my return by a week or so, but I think it would be beneficial to the head-fi community.
Yes, I do understand that many customers would like to compare the two versions. OK, please contact me once you are ready to send it back. And would you please let me know if you have any suggestions for the final version? Thanks.
I'm not sure exactly what the bolded part is supposed to mean.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 57 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven IV 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear