that's what I understood as well, but I'm confirming. At this point, I plan on sending the "woodys" back since the revised version is supposed to be better. the good thing is we don't have to return the originals until we receive the revised pair, so we can listen to both.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 239
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Likely not, don't want the teak wood to crackup and then you can't find any replacement.
This is a truly limited edition unit...
Wonder how many hundred units is out there?
Unless you have to sell it cracked by that time
So is the official "worldwide" release at hand? When will these be shipped to dealers?
Oh, don't worry... I we've been thrilled since February
Fingers crossed for next week
Edited by conquerator2 - 6/19/14 at 2:10am
I received confirmation from Lu Zhang at HFM about the credit:
"Yes, we provide $100 gift card for pre-orders. You can use it for your next purchase on head-direct."
I'll be using my credit for (partial?) payment on a balanced cable!
I was told that they made the changes due to complaints that the headband rubs and scratches the housing. On the revised version, changes were made to the wooden box, housing, ear cups and comes with a new more durable cable.
The revised version bevelled sides look like plastic. With that, hopefully it does not effect the sound. IMO, the woody housing (one piece) looks better than the revised version.
Yes, that is the correct address. Is it alright with Hifiman if I send both the pre-order 560 and the production 560 off to another person to get measurements of them when I get them? This would delay my return by a week or so, but I think it would be beneficial to the head-fi community.
Yes, I do understand that many customers would like to compare the two versions. OK, please contact me once you are ready to send it back. And would you please let me know if you have any suggestions for the final version? Thanks.
I'm not sure exactly what the bolded part is supposed to mean.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 20 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Micro-Driver Madness!! (AAW Q and BYZ K17 added) 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear