Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 232

post #3466 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Acquiring more headphones is at best just treating the symptoms or should I say feeding the disease.

Let's see, Thruston orders HE-560's. On day 31 he tells  Luvi, "Oh Schiit, I forgot to return them, damn I guess that I'll just have to keep them."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

Are you stereotyping him? He brings diversity to Head-Fi. Keeps PETA off our backs.

 

Sorry, got distracted.  Mary Ann, Ginger and I were down at the lagoon ;)  What were we talking about?  Oh yeah.  Them HE-560s are a lovely pair of coconuts.  As for PETA, I'm all for People Eating Tasty Animals.

post #3467 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post
 

 

 

Sorry, got distracted.  Mary Ann, Ginger and I were down at the lagoon ;)  What were we talking about?  Oh yeah.  Them HE-560s are a lovely pair of coconuts.  As for PETA, I'm all for People Eating Tasty Animals.

Time to change your avatar, lest you be eaten whilst wearing your headphones. :eek: All that was left of him was a custom cable and a pair of modified earpads

post #3468 of 8231
Thread Starter 

Looks like they are indeed reverting to the four small "feet" on the grill-retaining rings with the latest revision.

 

(found on the chinese forum)

 

So the regrilling mod should be identical to past cans. In fact anyone who's done the mod before can just transfer the open grills over easily.

post #3469 of 8231

post #3470 of 8231

In the meantime... Me received the Chord Hugo! 

Greatly enjoying the pre-order HE-560 on it (standalone) right now :L3000:

post #3471 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgafanhoto View Post
 

 

tick...tock...

post #3472 of 8231
I would love to see how these new versions go against the LCD X (!)
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually I can guess already wink.gif
post #3473 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I would love to see how these new versions go against the LCD X (!)
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually I can guess already wink.gif

 

Me too. Frustrated with the HE-560 situation, I visited my Audeze dealer yesterday, and brought home the LCD-3. I spent the evening comparing these three:

 

post #3474 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayzurk View Post
 

 

Me too. Frustrated with the HE-560 situation, I visited my Audeze dealer yesterday, and brought home the LCD-3. I spent the evening comparing these three:

 

 
Aaaand? :popcorn: [what were the results]

Edited by conquerator2 - 6/14/14 at 9:01am
post #3475 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

 

And?? 

post #3476 of 8231
What are those three?
I have herd the inconsistency of Audeze as the two last times I herd the lcd3 one was wonderful and the other was just ok..
post #3477 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

And?? 


Sorry to be a tease. I'll post a more thoughtful comparison once I've had a few more hours with the LCD-3 listening to different types of music.

 

The three headphones in the pic are, L-to-R, Audeze LCD-3, HifiMan HE-5LE, HifiMan HE-560 (pre-order original edition).

 

It's worth noting that these headphones should probably not be compared head-to-head, with the LCD-3 costing more than twice what the HE-560 costs. LCD-2 vs HE-560 is a more appropriate comparison with price factored in.

 

I also tried the LCD-XC at the store but did not like them at all compared to the open models.

post #3478 of 8231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayzurk View Post
 


Sorry to be a tease. I'll post a more thoughtful comparison once I've had a few more hours with the LCD-3 listening to different types of music.

 

The three headphones in the pic are, L-to-R, Audeze LCD-3, HifiMan HE-5LE, HifiMan HE-560 (pre-order original edition).

 

It's worth noting that these headphones should probably not be compared head-to-head, with the LCD-3 costing more than twice what the HE-560 costs. LCD-2 vs HE-560 is a more appropriate comparison with price factored in.

 

I also tried the LCD-XC at the store but did not like them at all compared to the open models.

Of course they can, and should be, compared; they are near-top or flagship products from different companies, the price does not dictate anything. Heck I compared them somewhat in a micro-meet a couple of months ago (check the links in the first post of the thread).

post #3479 of 8231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayzurk View Post

...

The three headphones in the pic are, L-to-R, Audeze LCD-3, HifiMan HE-5LE, HifiMan HE-560 (pre-order original edition)...
Wondering what is your impression of the 560 to the he-5le. .
post #3480 of 8231

Quick question.

 

As someone who absolutely loves his HE-400's, they are as close to "end of the road" for me as I can get for overall headphones (movies/gaming/music)... Would these possibly be the final upgrade for me?

 

Essentially these are HE-400's with better bass (No idea how that comes around as I think the bass is perfect on the HE-400's, but I will take it) and without the small sibilance that comes with the HE-400's? As well as the upgrade in style :)

 

If yes, I am just going to save up a little bit and get them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =