I've been waffling back and forth on my 560 pre-order for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I finally decided to cancel the order and wait to see what unfolds. I was disappointed with the teak wood/veneer changeover. The delays, although necessary I'm sure, don't leave me with an inspired sense of confidence about this $1k purchase. I felt that hifiman was putting to much into the Newport show reaction...I could be wrong, I have been before.
Be confident in the product. Take it back to beta testing if necessary. My sense is that when these issues popped up a "quick fix" was applied in an effort to get the product to market and keep people happy. Again, this is just my speculation. But with new cups, new damping materials, new cable...I'd take it back to beta testing even as much as we all hate delays.
I really like hifiman and their products. The level of performance per dollar is the best out their IMO. But like other companies they've had QC issues. The new line is a chance to fix that reputation. So my message to Fang...take your time and get it right.
My original plan was to purchase the he400i and not the 560. I'm back on that plan.
Easy for you to say, since you just canceled your order
I don't think HFM is rushing anything honestly, QC won't improve much by further delays, it rarely ever does... It improves with practice, so the more new headphones they make, the better they'll be.
I imagine the last few months have been incredibly stressful for HFM and further delays will only make matters worse at this point IMO.
The 560 has been delayed enough, don't you think?
To me the headphone seems ready at this point and the veneer has already went past the final testing stage a few days ago (2 weeks I think) so it seems ready to me
Edited by conquerator2 - 6/4/14 at 6:17am