- 1,355 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Did some 3-way comparisons between HE400, 500, and 560 the last hour, specifically on bass performance in music. My tentative conclusion is that HE560's bass impact/punch is somewhere in-between HE500 and 400 (with 500 being the most rumbly, and 400 the hardest-kicking), but in terms of articulation (not being one-notey, good texture) HE560 seems to eclipse both the two others. In terms of extension it is HE500 > HE560 > HE400.
Bass is definitely the easiest to compare, treble is next (maybe a few days ~ a week to form a coherent conclusion), and midrange will be the most elusive to interpret.
Edited by jerg - 3/28/14 at 2:29pm
I dunno, but sounds like the bass is pretty good, with good texture, sufficient impact, some decent rumble and excellent definition/articulation.
Sounds like the bass really is interesting and not the disappointment I anticipated from the very initial impressions :D
Articulation(texture/clarity of notes and pitches): 560>400=500 (400 not really equal to 500, but each with different shortcomings)
I am really happy to hear this :] I was starting to think the bass might be a bit anemic but nope! Seems like it's very well balanced and in accordance with mids and highs!
Awesome news and no more bass from me :D
It's hard for me to gauge the holographic size of the soundstage without feeling like I am making things up.
I will say that these have a much more convincing soundstage than my two other Hifiman cans, because of the sheer openness of the sound, neutrality / accurate timbre, and treble extension / airiness, and fast transient response. Listening to binaural recordings, I still have to close my eyes with HE500s/400s and force my brain into believing that things are projected outward, with these I can have my eyes open and my brain still gets tricked.
Edited by jerg - 3/28/14 at 2:53pm
What's the best source for binaural recordings?
I don't think they are very common as none of the albums I own come in binaural in any way, form or shape :/
Chesky does some, but that's about all I've heard of.
Having heard all of them, I certainly can relate to what you're saying.
The comparison of bass between the 400s and 500s is spot on: overall, if you have to rate the quality of both (using different attributes that define what bass is), they come out equal. They certainly are not similar: the 400s is tighter / cleaner (less distortion) bit the 500s has more impact and rumble (more distortion) that matches the overall philosophy of this cans.
The 560 seems to be taking the philosophy of the HE-4 but with more refinement and less fun voicing (not U-shaped with punchy bass; rather more similar to the HE-5LE here).
I REALLY like what you're telling us so far!
Edited by Clemmaster - 3/28/14 at 4:24pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 40 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 50 seconds ago
- › using Sennheiser HD 580 for movie watching -- how to connect the TV... 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear