or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 216

post #3226 of 17297

+1 for darker/neutral version :)

post #3227 of 17297

+1 for any final version, released and ready to ship.

post #3228 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

+1 for any final version, released and ready to ship.

+2. Absolutely, if this is better than the HE-4 and approaching the HE-6, I'll take it. After all, I don't see the HP when its on my head.

post #3229 of 17297

I have ordered an HE-560 too and will be comparing it directly with my LCD-X using Allnic headphone amp. Several seasoned listeners have said that the best amp they've heard with the HE-500 was the Allnic (better than the GS-X mk2 according to them), and Allnic's president/CEO Mr. Park said that the HE-500 is his personal recommendation for his headphone amp, so I expect there will also be great synergy between Allnic and the upcoming HE-560.

 

If the HE-560 sounds just as enjoyable as the LCD-X, if not better, on the Allnic, I'll probably sell the LCD-X and keep the HE-560. The LCD-X already sounds exceptional to my ears so it's a tough competition for the HE-560.

post #3230 of 17297

I haven't ordered yet- I'm between jobs and need to be wise with my money.

 

But when I get the 560, it will be going up against the Alpha Dog, hopefully as a complimentary open can to go with them.  The 5LE could not keep up in terms of resolution, detail, and accuracy.  I'm looking forward to hearing if the 560 is an improvement.

post #3231 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post
 

I have ordered an HE-560 too and will be comparing it directly with my LCD-X using Allnic headphone amp. Several seasoned listeners have said that the best amp they've heard with the HE-500 was the Allnic (better than the GS-X mk2 according to them), and Allnic's president/CEO Mr. Park said that the HE-500 is his personal recommendation for his headphone amp, so I expect there will also be great synergy between Allnic and the upcoming HE-560.

 

If the HE-560 sounds just as enjoyable as the LCD-X, if not better, on the Allnic, I'll probably sell the LCD-X and keep the HE-560. The LCD-X already sounds exceptional to my ears so it's a tough competition for the HE-560.

 

 

This is always a funny statement..

post #3232 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post

I haven't ordered yet- I'm between jobs and need to be wise with my money.

But when I get the 560, it will be going up against the Alpha Dog, hopefully as a complimentary open can to go with them.  The 5LE could not keep up in terms of resolution, detail, and accuracy.  I'm looking forward to hearing if the 560 is an improvement.
While I don't agree about the AD being more resolving than the 5LE, the 560 are certainly better than them in that department (or in any department for that matters. The 5LE still have an awesome tonality like no other but that's IMO and certainly a subjective trait).
post #3233 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by joespride View Post

That is not good news...........frown.gif ,  I assume that will make future repairs if needed rather hard to aquire.  Might be time to look at a spare set of the 500 in case.


has anyone heard what the price point of the 400i will be ??

No worry. We standby our products (present or old) 100%.
Reply
post #3234 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post


No worry. We standby our products (present or old) 100%.

 

Thanks for the info. Can you comment on the release date for the 560 and 400i?

 

thanks...

post #3235 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

 

This is always a funny statement..


 T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

post #3236 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHiFiMAN View Post


No worry. We standby our products (present or old) 100%.

Thank you

 

Just bought my HE500 new approx 1 month ago and I love them, and frankly at this point I have no desire to upgrade

 

Joe

post #3237 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 


 T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

The GS-X mk2 is a great amp.  just sayin'  :wink_face:

post #3238 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post
 


 T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.

 

I heard this amp at the Atlanta mini meet. It is simply wonderful. 

post #3239 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by joespride View Post
 

That is not good news...........:(,  I assume that will make future repairs if needed rather hard to aquire.  Might be time to look at a spare set of the 500 in case.

 

 

has anyone heard what the price point of the 400i will be ??

 

400i will cost 500 dollars at launch I believe. 

post #3240 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPoor View Post


 T.H.E. Show was the first time I've got to listen to $1k+ amps and I can say that I went home and looked at what I could sell in order to possibly place an order for the GS-X MKII. I got to listen to the HD800 and the 560 out of it and it was my favorite, hands down.
I agree about that amp, until I herd the oppo ha-1
smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =