- 74 Posts. Joined 4/2014
- Location: NTU, Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 214
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think they mean matted, maybe a sandblasted (textured) plastic. I don't think they refer to the wood itself, the wood should be somewhat glossy if possible :p The matted plastic will allow the wood to shine through as a focus a little more.
HiFiMan do cable choices easily (if they have multiple cables to offer). Different finishes is a little tougher for a smaller company. I can see it a possibility though.
Regarding the cherry vs the regular (?) finish, the pictures, no offense to the person who took them, aren't comparable. The cherry wood picture is out of focus with more exposure (slightly overexposed) while the regular finish has warm white balancing. So the colors aren't even comparable with them :/
+1 to the dark teak veneer. Instead of completely matte, I would vote for a semigloss, a bit of sheen without being too plasticky.
I just realized, by looking at the recent images uploaded by KMSV and TooPoor, that they both took a picture of the cherry version. Considering that the picture took by TooPoor and the "more natural" one took by KMSV are closer in term of exposition, i now prefer the cherry finish (even if it's still probably not representative enough).
Some folks might want to write it off as Audeze finally solving their inconsistency issues, but if my experience with the LCD-X being underwhelming while the LCD-XC being stupid good sounding, while many of the comments on... other forums... are true, then it's still highly possible that Audeze's still suffering consistency issues.
Yours is a loaner pair, no? Could be the people taking care of it...didn't do such a great job? I've heard 3 pair of LCD-X and all have sounded outstanding (and the same). And if you liked the LCD-XC, the LCD-X are that much better to my ears.
Having said how impressed I was with how they sounded... I must say; I preferred the 'look' of the 400i. BUT, the 560 sounded really, really good which is all I really cared about. What I wish my HE500 sounded like.
As far as the HE 400i v. the 560. HE400i: Heard it through a Woo WA7: sounded really good for $499. Through The EF2, not so much.
The bigger question is HE-6 v. 560. The 6 seemed to have great, sparkly treble. Just sounded very good. The 560 was NOT far behind though... both out of the EF-6. Being cheaper and much easier to drive, I'm going with the 560.
Nope, my LCD-X I ordered brand new. The XC was a loaner pair.
The LCD-X might sound good to a lot of ears, but it's a straight up u-shaped signature, it's not a linear signature. Enhanced bass, enhanced treble, recessed upper midrange. Both the XC and LCD2 are more linear.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 37 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 3 minutes ago
- › Impact Audio Cables Review: A Fresh Source of Quality (Sound), Not... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 5 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear