I think it could also be the lighting from the camera that made the veneer look a little different as well. Remember, color accuracy isn't always 100% with a photo... Even further, color accuracy of a monitor isn't always 100% either :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Announcing the HIFIMAN HE1000 International Photography Contest Last post on Yesterday at 3:52 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Genuine wood veneer should look identical to the solid wood, if the surface treatment is the same. That there is just how ebony wood looks like .
But yeah, lighting and camera is everything when it comes to something organic like wood. For instance:
Exact same angle, just without vs with camera flash. They look like COMPLETELY different types of wood just from that simple change in camera setting.
Depends on the thickness, very thin veneer will look flat, but fatter veneer should hold its own ground in terms of grain depth I think.
Edited by up late - 5/30/14 at 10:49pm
Cept they are two completely different kinds of wood (teak vs ebony), which have completely different grain structures / depths, veneer or solid.
Edited by up late - 5/31/14 at 12:18am
Of course, they are teak wood cups.
My argument is that you can't base your evaluation of veneer of one type of wood, against solid wood of another type. Either compare ebony veneer against solid ebony, or compare teak veneer against solid teak.
veneer, solid, ebony, teak, whatever
I'm find with all of the above in any combination as long as they're somewhat durable and won't start cracking or peeling on me in the first year or two of ownership.
More interested in the sound. I was kinda dissapointed to hear early reports that the resolution is not up there with with HE-6/HD800. I was kind of hoping it might be given that this is a whole new generation of drivers from HifiMan... I am very happy about the reports that it's very linear/balanced/neutral
My K812 makes my old HE-500/LCD-2 sound like they were veiled... and is also much more linear and balanced sounding. I wonder how it would compare to 560? Are any K812 owners out there also getting the 560?
The sad thing is that my next purchase has to be an IEM, because of my work enviornment change... that is the only possible option now. And I hate IEMs and sticking things in my ears, but I would rather have music than no music. So the 560 for home will have to wait and come after my IE800 purchase...
Perhaps. But I'm trying to stay logical, proper comparisons should always be done by eliminating / controlling as many variables as possible except the ones being compared. This principle applies to everything.
Edited by jerg - 5/31/14 at 12:35am
Wood X vs veneer X and Wood Y vs veneer Y should be the proper way IMO.
Regardless, I don't even care, I think the whole argument is pointless.
Somebody should just ask our doctor to clarify.
it is ridiculous - trust me but you keep on twisting the logic anyway you want. seems to me that any time someone makes a critical comment about this can you swoop in to defend it. it's like you're on the payroll.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 46 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear