I think it could also be the lighting from the camera that made the veneer look a little different as well. Remember, color accuracy isn't always 100% with a photo... Even further, color accuracy of a monitor isn't always 100% either :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Genuine wood veneer should look identical to the solid wood, if the surface treatment is the same. That there is just how ebony wood looks like .
But yeah, lighting and camera is everything when it comes to something organic like wood. For instance:
Exact same angle, just without vs with camera flash. They look like COMPLETELY different types of wood just from that simple change in camera setting.
Depends on the thickness, very thin veneer will look flat, but fatter veneer should hold its own ground in terms of grain depth I think.
Edited by up late - 5/30/14 at 10:49pm
Cept they are two completely different kinds of wood (teak vs ebony), which have completely different grain structures / depths, veneer or solid.
Edited by up late - 5/31/14 at 12:18am
Of course, they are teak wood cups.
My argument is that you can't base your evaluation of veneer of one type of wood, against solid wood of another type. Either compare ebony veneer against solid ebony, or compare teak veneer against solid teak.
veneer, solid, ebony, teak, whatever
I'm find with all of the above in any combination as long as they're somewhat durable and won't start cracking or peeling on me in the first year or two of ownership.
More interested in the sound. I was kinda dissapointed to hear early reports that the resolution is not up there with with HE-6/HD800. I was kind of hoping it might be given that this is a whole new generation of drivers from HifiMan... I am very happy about the reports that it's very linear/balanced/neutral
My K812 makes my old HE-500/LCD-2 sound like they were veiled... and is also much more linear and balanced sounding. I wonder how it would compare to 560? Are any K812 owners out there also getting the 560?
The sad thing is that my next purchase has to be an IEM, because of my work enviornment change... that is the only possible option now. And I hate IEMs and sticking things in my ears, but I would rather have music than no music. So the 560 for home will have to wait and come after my IE800 purchase...
Perhaps. But I'm trying to stay logical, proper comparisons should always be done by eliminating / controlling as many variables as possible except the ones being compared. This principle applies to everything.
Edited by jerg - 5/31/14 at 12:35am
Wood X vs veneer X and Wood Y vs veneer Y should be the proper way IMO.
Regardless, I don't even care, I think the whole argument is pointless.
Somebody should just ask our doctor to clarify.
it is ridiculous - trust me but you keep on twisting the logic anyway you want. seems to me that any time someone makes a critical comment about this can you swoop in to defend it. it's like you're on the payroll.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Monoprice DAC vs SMSL M3 23 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Mk3 with Shure 1540 Alcantara Pads 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear