or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 209

post #3121 of 17297

I think it could also be the lighting from the camera that made the veneer look a little different as well.  Remember, color accuracy isn't always 100% with a photo...  Even further, color accuracy of a monitor isn't always 100% either :p 

post #3122 of 17297
hope you're right
post #3123 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

hope you're right

Genuine wood veneer should look identical to the solid wood, if the surface treatment is the same. That there is just how ebony wood looks like .

 

But yeah, lighting and camera is everything when it comes to something organic like wood. For instance:

 

 

 

Exact same angle, just without vs with camera flash. They look like COMPLETELY different types of wood just from that simple change in camera setting.

post #3124 of 17297
nope. wood veneer doesn't have the depth of grain that solid timber has. wood veneer looks like wood veneer.
post #3125 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

nope. wood veneer doesn't have the depth of grain that solid timber has. wood veneer looks like wood veneer.

Depends on the thickness, very thin veneer will look flat, but fatter veneer should hold its own ground in terms of grain depth I think.

post #3126 of 17297
the pics you posted are of solid wood cups right? the other pic is of a wood veneered cup. the difference in depth of color and grain between the two is obvious. one looks like wood veneer and the other looks like solid wood.
Edited by up late - 5/30/14 at 10:49pm
post #3127 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

the pics you posted are of solid wood cups right? the other pic is of a wood veneered cup. the difference in depth of color and grain between the two is obvious. one looks like wood veneer and the other looks like solid wood.

Cept they are two completely different kinds of wood (teak vs ebony), which have completely different grain structures / depths, veneer or solid.

post #3128 of 17297
that doesn't change the fact that both your pics are of solid wood cups. however you shot them and whatever timber they're made from they still look like solid wood cups - not wood veneer cups. it's obvious man and you're reaching.
Edited by up late - 5/31/14 at 12:18am
post #3129 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

that doesn't change the fact that both your pics are of solid wood cups. whatever the timber they're made from they both look like solid wood - not wood veneer.

Of course, they are teak wood cups.

 

My argument is that you can't base your evaluation of veneer of one type of wood, against solid wood of another type. Either compare ebony veneer against solid ebony, or compare teak veneer against solid teak.

post #3130 of 17297

veneer, solid, ebony, teak, whatever

 

I'm find with all of the above in any combination as long as they're somewhat durable and won't start cracking or peeling on me in the first year or two of ownership.

 

More interested in the sound. I was kinda dissapointed to hear early reports that the resolution is not up there with with HE-6/HD800. I was kind of hoping it might be given that this is a whole new generation of drivers from HifiMan... I am very happy about the reports that it's very linear/balanced/neutral

 

My K812 makes my old HE-500/LCD-2 sound like they were veiled... and is also much more linear and balanced sounding. I wonder how it would compare to 560? Are any K812 owners out there also getting the 560?

 

The sad thing is that my next purchase has to be an IEM, because of my work enviornment change... that is the only possible option now. And I hate IEMs and sticking things in my ears, but I would rather have music than no music. So the 560 for home will have to wait and come after my IE800 purchase...

post #3131 of 17297
your argument is ridiculous jerg.
post #3132 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

your argument is ridiculous jerg.

Perhaps. But I'm trying to stay logical, proper comparisons should always be done by eliminating / controlling as many variables as possible except the ones being compared. This principle applies to everything.


Edited by jerg - 5/31/14 at 12:35am
post #3133 of 17297
Except he's right that's like comparing violets to dandelions...
Wood X vs veneer X and Wood Y vs veneer Y should be the proper way IMO.
Regardless, I don't even care, I think the whole argument is pointless.

Somebody should just ask our doctor to clarify.
post #3134 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Perhaps. But I'm trying to stay logical, proper comparisons should always be done by eliminating / controlling as many variables as possible except the ones being compared. This principle applies to everything.

it is ridiculous - trust me but you keep on twisting the logic anyway you want. seems to me that any time someone makes a critical comment about this can you swoop in to defend it. it's like you're on the payroll.
post #3135 of 17297


Guys, let's please stay on topic.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =