I think it could also be the lighting from the camera that made the veneer look a little different as well. Remember, color accuracy isn't always 100% with a photo... Even further, color accuracy of a monitor isn't always 100% either :p
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Congratulations! HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Won... Last post on 4/5/17 at 11:59am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Announcing the HIFIMAN HE1000 International Photography Contest Last post on Today at 12:28 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Genuine wood veneer should look identical to the solid wood, if the surface treatment is the same. That there is just how ebony wood looks like .
But yeah, lighting and camera is everything when it comes to something organic like wood. For instance:
Exact same angle, just without vs with camera flash. They look like COMPLETELY different types of wood just from that simple change in camera setting.
Depends on the thickness, very thin veneer will look flat, but fatter veneer should hold its own ground in terms of grain depth I think.
Edited by up late - 5/30/14 at 10:49pm
Cept they are two completely different kinds of wood (teak vs ebony), which have completely different grain structures / depths, veneer or solid.
Edited by up late - 5/31/14 at 12:18am
Of course, they are teak wood cups.
My argument is that you can't base your evaluation of veneer of one type of wood, against solid wood of another type. Either compare ebony veneer against solid ebony, or compare teak veneer against solid teak.
veneer, solid, ebony, teak, whatever
I'm find with all of the above in any combination as long as they're somewhat durable and won't start cracking or peeling on me in the first year or two of ownership.
More interested in the sound. I was kinda dissapointed to hear early reports that the resolution is not up there with with HE-6/HD800. I was kind of hoping it might be given that this is a whole new generation of drivers from HifiMan... I am very happy about the reports that it's very linear/balanced/neutral
My K812 makes my old HE-500/LCD-2 sound like they were veiled... and is also much more linear and balanced sounding. I wonder how it would compare to 560? Are any K812 owners out there also getting the 560?
The sad thing is that my next purchase has to be an IEM, because of my work enviornment change... that is the only possible option now. And I hate IEMs and sticking things in my ears, but I would rather have music than no music. So the 560 for home will have to wait and come after my IE800 purchase...
Perhaps. But I'm trying to stay logical, proper comparisons should always be done by eliminating / controlling as many variables as possible except the ones being compared. This principle applies to everything.
Edited by jerg - 5/31/14 at 12:35am
Wood X vs veneer X and Wood Y vs veneer Y should be the proper way IMO.
Regardless, I don't even care, I think the whole argument is pointless.
Somebody should just ask our doctor to clarify.
it is ridiculous - trust me but you keep on twisting the logic anyway you want. seems to me that any time someone makes a critical comment about this can you swoop in to defend it. it's like you're on the payroll.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 21 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 30 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 44 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 58 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear