- 1,483 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
The TH900 is magical. It's the hot rod of flagship, makes no apologies, and takes no prisoners IF, you wanna take it that far. This phone just begs to be driven, and it just keeps producing. I find...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker Ting The review that swayed me to get on-board http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584 The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 202
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess that there is a lot riding on the Newport show for the 560. Can't wait to see some new info and impressions coming in this weekend. Wish that we had an insider there.
Yep, this is also starting to make me think a touch. Headphones that err too much of the side of neutral can sound distant and un-involving and while from the comments it sounds like the HE560 is undoubtably of a very high quality, I'd still like to feel that connection with the music. Even though the Grado RS1i was a hugely coloured headphone, it was quite magical with certain music and instruments and could really draw you in. The Sennheiser HD580 on the other hand I thought was leaning a bit too much to neutral and personally didn't derive too much enjoyment from them as a result even though they were significantly better than the HD595s.
I guess the more forward mids on the HE-500 is probably one of the reasons I like it that much. Guess I could still do the Jerg pad + grill mod + a better cable and stick with the HE-500 a while longer till I can demo the HE-560 in person and get a better feel for the sound signature. Perhaps the HE-400i will end up as the logical successor for the HE-500? But anybody looking at the HE-500 and is comfortable with the weight certainly won't be sorry at the current prices they are going for!
Personally its difficult to say whether the old or new look is better, frankly I wasn't too fond of the design from the beginning, but it's all about the sound quality and comfort imo and looks like Hifiman aced both of those. I am definitely sure that the wood veneer is going to improve hugely on quality control, but imo it doesn't change the look all that much.. I am used to getting laughed and joked at at work for wearing Grado headphones in the past and I'm sure these will also draw comment! I can handle anything
Edited by daerron - 5/28/14 at 7:47am
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › What Amp/ DAC you will take with Fostex TH-X00? 4 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › New VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear