Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 200

post #2986 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtW View Post

Here is a little information on the macassar ebony veneer used in the new version, from wood-database.com:


Pricing/Availability:
 Likely to be extremely expensive, along with most other Ebony members in the Diospyros genus
. The tree grows slowly, has a very limited natural habitat, and is highly desired for the wood’s aesthetic appeal and toughness. Macassar Ebony is not listed as an endangered species, but is still considered to be at-risk.






Sustainability:

 This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices, but is on the IUCN Red List. It is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range, and exploitation.






Common Uses:

 Veneer, high-end cabinetry, billiard cues, musical instruments, and other small specialty items.






Comments:
 So named for the Indonesian port-city of Makassar, which is one of the primary points of exportation. There’s not much mechanical data available on Macassar Ebony, but judging from its weight, and the properties of other species such as Diospyros crassiflora
, this wood is likely to be exceptionally hard, heavy, and strong.





You see!
Choice of wood is excellent choice!
I actually believe it now easily looks more polished and modern.
Just huge difference!
Were as before it almost looked home made..
To now looking like a modern can.
Just excellent!
tongue.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

I'm even thinking of unsubscribing. Come on guys...
Do you really think Tyll or any other decent site would only write positive reviews?
And please stay on topic and stop speculating and talking crap before they close the thread, that would be a shame
Correct!
One of the funniest "negative" reviews I ever seen was Tyll review of an Ultrasone(!)
http://youtu.be/L34S4Tt1EuQ

So all that talk about no negative reviews was also conjecture and nonsense to me.

There is the "could be" that can be debated endlessly, a general complaint that may be stated about any review. .

Then there is the actual reality which is certain, that Tyll makes informative reviews.
So can we just focus on the he560 now?..
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/26/14 at 5:46am
post #2987 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

the good thing about a rant is that you don't have to get your facts straight wink.gif
Haha! wink.gif
Maybe, but my rant still has more facts than all the negative posts combined tongue.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/26/14 at 5:15am
post #2988 of 10908
don't think so bro but you're entitled to your opinion - which is all it is wink.gif
post #2989 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Do you really think Tyll or any other decent site would only write positive reviews?
 

 

That is not what I said and that is not what I think. Just saying it's not easy sometimes for people to speak their minds. Also, sometimes internal testers are too involved to see even simple things that a fresh pair of eyes can see straight away.

 

For the record, nothing against Tyll. I do value Tyll's opinion which was one of the reasons it stuck in my head because I really wanted to see his review on the HE-400 at the time. 

 

I tracked down what I was referring to,

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/2445#post_8870040

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/2460#post_8872105

post #2990 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

don't think so bro but you're entitled to your opinion - which is all it is wink.gif
That is true, as there obviously must be alot going on for so much change and we may never know,
But what matters is this company is making great effort to make good on delivering a great headphone. .
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/26/14 at 6:46am
post #2991 of 10908
sure
post #2992 of 10908

Up late -  do you have a pair on order? 

post #2993 of 10908

There's been a lot of very negative comments about the release of the 560s and subsequent changes. I sense that most of the comments are from people who have only seen pictures and read the opinion of others.

 

I have a preorder pair. I can tell you that they sound great and are a pleasure to use. I harbor no ill will to HFM because they want to replace them with a better pair. (Of course, at this point I'm taking them at their word that there's an improvement. I have no reason to doubt them.) This is all at their expense. It costs me nothing! Heck, I even get a $100 credit. (Can you say balanced 560 cable?)

 

Yes, the pad's a bit tight for my oversized ears, but they're still one of the most comfortable hp I've ever worn. I have never worn another hp for as long as the 560s without irritation.

 

Yes, the yoke scraps. They're fixing it! Because we asked!! 

 

A great deal has been made about the switch from solid wood to a laminate. Again, by people who have only seen "amateur" photos. (Sorry, HFM team. I'm glad you posted photos, but let's face it; you know headphones a lot better than cameras. And that's okay!!) I want to see them in person. When all is said and done, if I'm not still happy, I just send them back and get a refund.

 

From my personal perspective as an owner of the preorder 560, I think HFM team has raised the bar on customer service.


Edited by rwelles - 5/26/14 at 8:05am
post #2994 of 10908

The issue of the yokes scraping up against the finish of the wooden cups could have been solved by using thicker spacers between the cups and the yokes.  Hifiman seems to be solving their own issues unrelated in regards to the wood veneer finish.  I personally don't like the look at all but I do know that every wooden product I've seen pictures of on head-fi has looked significantly better in person.

post #2995 of 10908
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

The issue of the yokes scraping up against the finish of the wooden cups could have been solved by using thicker spacers between the cups and the yokes.  Hifiman seems to be solving their own issues unrelated in regards to the wood veneer finish.  I personally don't like the look at all but I do know that every wooden product I've seen pictures of on head-fi has looked significantly better in person.

If you really want to know, the switch from solid wood to veneer+plastic is not because of the scratching issue, but something more sinister (a small % of the cups still had cracking issues, despite the resilience of teak wood). That and they seem to have trouble pushing out very high consistency in cup quality (flatness of the baffle edges, wood grain matching, etc). So ultimately it's just not feasible for them to mass-produce these with all full wood cups and meet the demand.

post #2996 of 10908

There it is.

post #2997 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

If you really want to know, the switch from solid wood to veneer+plastic is not because of the scratching issue, but something more sinister (a small % of the cups still had cracking issues, despite the resilience of teak wood). That and they seem to have trouble pushing out very high consistency in cup quality (flatness of the baffle edges, wood grain matching, etc). So ultimately it's just not feasible for them to mass-produce these with all full wood cups and meet the demand.

When I removed the ear pads on my 560s, I noticed that the fit between the cup and the driver was "forced", meaning the holes didn't line up perfectly. This would be easily resolved with a change in materials. 

post #2998 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

There it is.

 

And there you go. :p

post #2999 of 10908

Does this mean the new pads (on sale seperately) will also be delayed? :P

post #3000 of 10908
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelles View Post
 

There's been a lot of very negative comments about the release of the 560s and subsequent changes. I sense that most of the comments are from people who have only seen pictures and read the opinion of others.

 

I have a preorder pair. I can tell you that they sound great and are a pleasure to use. I harbor no ill will to HFM because they want to replace them with a better pair. (Of course, at this point I'm taking them at their word that there's an improvement. I have no reason to doubt them.) This is all at their expense. It costs me nothing! Heck, I even get a $100 credit. (Can you say balanced 560 cable?)

 

Yes, the pad's a bit tight for my oversized ears, but they're still one of the most comfortable hp I've ever worn. I have never worn another hp for as long as the 560s without irritation.

 

Yes, the yoke scraps. They're fixing it! Because we asked!! 

 

A great deal has been made about the switch from solid wood to a laminate. Again, by people who have only seen "amateur" photos. (Sorry, HFM team. I'm glad you posted photos, but let's face it; you know headphones a lot better than cameras. And that's okay!!) I want to see them in person. When all is said and done, if I'm not still happy, I just send them back and get a refund.

 

From my personal perspective as an owner of the preorder 560, I think HFM team has raised the bar on customer service.

 

I don't think anyone is talking bad about the sound of the HE-560. but most people are get annoyed of the delay. Have the HE-560's even been released yet? Anyways, the delay is annoying to some, plus it is also pushing back the release of the HE-400i. THe 400i should have been released a couple of months ago, but the delay made it so that they is very little news about the release of the 400i. 

 

I understand the delay since they want to improve everything before release, back it's now backordering the other products. Some people are so impatient as to compare this to what Audeze did. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =