- 659 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 9/2/15 at 8:42pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 194
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While I agree with you, there is something to be said for the feel and look of quality material.
You wouldn't want the inside of your your Porche 911 to look like a Hyundai (nothing against Hyundai, I love my Elantra), even if it performed like a Porche. And at about $900 bills for this headphone, you expect a certain level of polish.
If it hasn't already been said, this new plastic approach should make the headphone lighter still.. no?
I definitely won't be buying the HE400i upon release, not with these constant revisions. I'd wait until about Rev. 9. even then, I'll be cautious.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/25/14 at 1:18am
Honestly, I feel like people are simply thinking plastic=cheap while wood=expensive. I personally think that the old look and the new look are about equal in terms of aesthetics which should mean little assuming build quality and sound quality perform at its price point. Hifiman is saying that the new version is sonically superior...all these people complaining about the looks makes me think that they are trying to buy it to either impress others or use their headphones as eye candy...I mean, if that's what they are doing, fine. It's their money. However, from an audiophile perspective, the change should mean little to nothing as it is supposedly sonically superior now. So please, can people just stop complaining.
Based on the reviews of the pre-order model, mostly jerg, I was willing to give the 560 a shot but now I've pulled my pre-order. IMO this is not the way to do business or bring a hp to market. To make this many changes far past the launch date is certainly questionable IMO. Now the 560 is much more "green" and is subject to more problems and revision than the older pre-order 560.
I understand that hifiman is still a relatively new company, but they would likely benefit from reviewing the development and launch of the Oppo pm-1. The design process, testing, execution and release is something to learn from IMO.
People will always bitch about something no matter how much you try.
The preorder 560 was already a stellar headphone in sonic performance.
Should the veneer improve ever so slightly sonically and make the cosmetic or build quality issues solved then just roll it out guys...
I am not canceling my preorder and I don't plan to. Nevertheless, if I am not satisfied with it, it's going back, obviously.
But it seems alright it's a 'better' headphone now for better or worse.
It's gone through the final testing stage so just manufacture them and ship.
We care for sound first and foremost. I find the veneer 560 to have some visual appeal as well but that's only a bonus for me not requirement.
The serious issues were fixed. The visuals are certainly not something that needs to be or even could be catered to everyone.
Just make this the final version and ship it. Don't question, no looking back.
Your work must bear some semblance of confidence after all, if veneer it is, then roll it out, no worries!
Just let there not be any revisions... Once it's out, save all the other improvements/changes for new models because this one is perfectly fine... Just stick with it.
It's not good for your business or us consumers.
All the work you and the community have done will surely bear success. You already did more than anyone normally does
Edited by conquerator2 - 5/25/14 at 4:52am
Try getting a response out of Sennheiser or AKG or AudioTechnica. I remember Jude's interview with Daniel Sennheiser, he didn't have any success in getting anything except dull marketspeak out of him.
So since the new images came out, nobody said anything about the whole "yokes scraping the wood" issue. It doesn't seem like hifiman revised the yokes so I assume the issue will remain?
Btw, I'm loving the new design.
Veneer will have a higher level of scratch resistance over real wood. It depends on whether they've used an actual veneer or it's a laminate. IMO since they've pulled the real wood cups they'd be better off with a laminate product that you could set fire to and hit repeatedly with a hammer without effect.
Also, the size and circumference of the new cup housing is likely smaller than the original, therefore solving the yoke issues.
I applaud Hifiman for wanting to make everything right....however I can't help but think the cans should have been better from the word go.
I am one that does not like the new look as well as the old....but the sound is the most important aspect to me......BUT at the $900 price tag, they should definitely look pretty good, in my eyes at least....the veneer looks much cheaper looking, for lack of a better word.
These cans are still on my radar......but when I get them it will most certainly be much later down the road than I first thought.
I highly doubt it.
I love the new look. It looks very classy. However sound quality, reliability and ergonomics are the only important qualities for me. Everything else is just a bonus IMO.
I have the LCD-X and i love it. But's it so damn heavy, and the bass has started feeling unnatural and slow nowadays. I also don't like the rolled-of treble.
The HE-560 seems to be the perfect pair of cans to me. I hope they release it soon.
I love the HE-560's new look! I'm hoping the new Jades will be a continuation of that design.
However, for the successor of the HE6, I'm really hoping for something really cutting edge and technical, maybe like a clear acrylic housing with metal and carbon fiber accents
The new look is inspired by our upcoming electrostatic headphone. ;-)
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 25 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 7 minutes ago
- › Companies that take advantage of audio enthusiasts 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Kaiser K10 CIEM 8 minutes ago
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2