- 845 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/21/16 at 6:26am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 9/21/16 at 5:49pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 194
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While I agree with you, there is something to be said for the feel and look of quality material.
You wouldn't want the inside of your your Porche 911 to look like a Hyundai (nothing against Hyundai, I love my Elantra), even if it performed like a Porche. And at about $900 bills for this headphone, you expect a certain level of polish.
If it hasn't already been said, this new plastic approach should make the headphone lighter still.. no?
I definitely won't be buying the HE400i upon release, not with these constant revisions. I'd wait until about Rev. 9. even then, I'll be cautious.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/25/14 at 1:18am
Honestly, I feel like people are simply thinking plastic=cheap while wood=expensive. I personally think that the old look and the new look are about equal in terms of aesthetics which should mean little assuming build quality and sound quality perform at its price point. Hifiman is saying that the new version is sonically superior...all these people complaining about the looks makes me think that they are trying to buy it to either impress others or use their headphones as eye candy...I mean, if that's what they are doing, fine. It's their money. However, from an audiophile perspective, the change should mean little to nothing as it is supposedly sonically superior now. So please, can people just stop complaining.
Based on the reviews of the pre-order model, mostly jerg, I was willing to give the 560 a shot but now I've pulled my pre-order. IMO this is not the way to do business or bring a hp to market. To make this many changes far past the launch date is certainly questionable IMO. Now the 560 is much more "green" and is subject to more problems and revision than the older pre-order 560.
I understand that hifiman is still a relatively new company, but they would likely benefit from reviewing the development and launch of the Oppo pm-1. The design process, testing, execution and release is something to learn from IMO.
People will always bitch about something no matter how much you try.
The preorder 560 was already a stellar headphone in sonic performance.
Should the veneer improve ever so slightly sonically and make the cosmetic or build quality issues solved then just roll it out guys...
I am not canceling my preorder and I don't plan to. Nevertheless, if I am not satisfied with it, it's going back, obviously.
But it seems alright it's a 'better' headphone now for better or worse.
It's gone through the final testing stage so just manufacture them and ship.
We care for sound first and foremost. I find the veneer 560 to have some visual appeal as well but that's only a bonus for me not requirement.
The serious issues were fixed. The visuals are certainly not something that needs to be or even could be catered to everyone.
Just make this the final version and ship it. Don't question, no looking back.
Your work must bear some semblance of confidence after all, if veneer it is, then roll it out, no worries!
Just let there not be any revisions... Once it's out, save all the other improvements/changes for new models because this one is perfectly fine... Just stick with it.
It's not good for your business or us consumers.
All the work you and the community have done will surely bear success. You already did more than anyone normally does
Edited by conquerator2 - 5/25/14 at 4:52am
Try getting a response out of Sennheiser or AKG or AudioTechnica. I remember Jude's interview with Daniel Sennheiser, he didn't have any success in getting anything except dull marketspeak out of him.
So since the new images came out, nobody said anything about the whole "yokes scraping the wood" issue. It doesn't seem like hifiman revised the yokes so I assume the issue will remain?
Btw, I'm loving the new design.
Veneer will have a higher level of scratch resistance over real wood. It depends on whether they've used an actual veneer or it's a laminate. IMO since they've pulled the real wood cups they'd be better off with a laminate product that you could set fire to and hit repeatedly with a hammer without effect.
Also, the size and circumference of the new cup housing is likely smaller than the original, therefore solving the yoke issues.
I applaud Hifiman for wanting to make everything right....however I can't help but think the cans should have been better from the word go.
I am one that does not like the new look as well as the old....but the sound is the most important aspect to me......BUT at the $900 price tag, they should definitely look pretty good, in my eyes at least....the veneer looks much cheaper looking, for lack of a better word.
These cans are still on my radar......but when I get them it will most certainly be much later down the road than I first thought.
I highly doubt it.
I love the new look. It looks very classy. However sound quality, reliability and ergonomics are the only important qualities for me. Everything else is just a bonus IMO.
I have the LCD-X and i love it. But's it so damn heavy, and the bass has started feeling unnatural and slow nowadays. I also don't like the rolled-of treble.
The HE-560 seems to be the perfect pair of cans to me. I hope they release it soon.
I love the HE-560's new look! I'm hoping the new Jades will be a continuation of that design.
However, for the successor of the HE6, I'm really hoping for something really cutting edge and technical, maybe like a clear acrylic housing with metal and carbon fiber accents
The new look is inspired by our upcoming electrostatic headphone. ;-)
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 8 minutes ago
- › F/S Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable in Red (Pick-up ONLY) 8 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 9 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...