- 659 Posts. Joined 6/2010
- Location: S.fl
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 6:25 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 194
Gear mentioned in this thread:
While I agree with you, there is something to be said for the feel and look of quality material.
You wouldn't want the inside of your your Porche 911 to look like a Hyundai (nothing against Hyundai, I love my Elantra), even if it performed like a Porche. And at about $900 bills for this headphone, you expect a certain level of polish.
If it hasn't already been said, this new plastic approach should make the headphone lighter still.. no?
I definitely won't be buying the HE400i upon release, not with these constant revisions. I'd wait until about Rev. 9. even then, I'll be cautious.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/25/14 at 1:18am
Honestly, I feel like people are simply thinking plastic=cheap while wood=expensive. I personally think that the old look and the new look are about equal in terms of aesthetics which should mean little assuming build quality and sound quality perform at its price point. Hifiman is saying that the new version is sonically superior...all these people complaining about the looks makes me think that they are trying to buy it to either impress others or use their headphones as eye candy...I mean, if that's what they are doing, fine. It's their money. However, from an audiophile perspective, the change should mean little to nothing as it is supposedly sonically superior now. So please, can people just stop complaining.
Based on the reviews of the pre-order model, mostly jerg, I was willing to give the 560 a shot but now I've pulled my pre-order. IMO this is not the way to do business or bring a hp to market. To make this many changes far past the launch date is certainly questionable IMO. Now the 560 is much more "green" and is subject to more problems and revision than the older pre-order 560.
I understand that hifiman is still a relatively new company, but they would likely benefit from reviewing the development and launch of the Oppo pm-1. The design process, testing, execution and release is something to learn from IMO.
People will always bitch about something no matter how much you try.
The preorder 560 was already a stellar headphone in sonic performance.
Should the veneer improve ever so slightly sonically and make the cosmetic or build quality issues solved then just roll it out guys...
I am not canceling my preorder and I don't plan to. Nevertheless, if I am not satisfied with it, it's going back, obviously.
But it seems alright it's a 'better' headphone now for better or worse.
It's gone through the final testing stage so just manufacture them and ship.
We care for sound first and foremost. I find the veneer 560 to have some visual appeal as well but that's only a bonus for me not requirement.
The serious issues were fixed. The visuals are certainly not something that needs to be or even could be catered to everyone.
Just make this the final version and ship it. Don't question, no looking back.
Your work must bear some semblance of confidence after all, if veneer it is, then roll it out, no worries!
Just let there not be any revisions... Once it's out, save all the other improvements/changes for new models because this one is perfectly fine... Just stick with it.
It's not good for your business or us consumers.
All the work you and the community have done will surely bear success. You already did more than anyone normally does
Edited by conquerator2 - 5/25/14 at 4:52am
Try getting a response out of Sennheiser or AKG or AudioTechnica. I remember Jude's interview with Daniel Sennheiser, he didn't have any success in getting anything except dull marketspeak out of him.
So since the new images came out, nobody said anything about the whole "yokes scraping the wood" issue. It doesn't seem like hifiman revised the yokes so I assume the issue will remain?
Btw, I'm loving the new design.
Veneer will have a higher level of scratch resistance over real wood. It depends on whether they've used an actual veneer or it's a laminate. IMO since they've pulled the real wood cups they'd be better off with a laminate product that you could set fire to and hit repeatedly with a hammer without effect.
Also, the size and circumference of the new cup housing is likely smaller than the original, therefore solving the yoke issues.
I applaud Hifiman for wanting to make everything right....however I can't help but think the cans should have been better from the word go.
I am one that does not like the new look as well as the old....but the sound is the most important aspect to me......BUT at the $900 price tag, they should definitely look pretty good, in my eyes at least....the veneer looks much cheaper looking, for lack of a better word.
These cans are still on my radar......but when I get them it will most certainly be much later down the road than I first thought.
I highly doubt it.
I love the new look. It looks very classy. However sound quality, reliability and ergonomics are the only important qualities for me. Everything else is just a bonus IMO.
I have the LCD-X and i love it. But's it so damn heavy, and the bass has started feeling unnatural and slow nowadays. I also don't like the rolled-of treble.
The HE-560 seems to be the perfect pair of cans to me. I hope they release it soon.
I love the HE-560's new look! I'm hoping the new Jades will be a continuation of that design.
However, for the successor of the HE6, I'm really hoping for something really cutting edge and technical, maybe like a clear acrylic housing with metal and carbon fiber accents
The new look is inspired by our upcoming electrostatic headphone. ;-)
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Iriver H140 - is it worth fixing? 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 preview world tour--Yes! It's here! Apply Now! 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Using a Playstation One videogame system as a dedicated DAC? 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2