They do. But if there was a real damage then it could come out after some time. This theory about pressure changes seems to bit improbable to me. Maybe these holes were drilled by Hong Kong police searching for drugs in packages, and Fang made up this story?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Result of Valentine’s giving away Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Never Miss It! HIFIMAN Giving Away Free Gifts Last post on 2/26/15 at 7:11pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- ADAPTER HE60 to Stax Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:02am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 154
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Absolutely. On my Samsung Note 3 it can actually play with many details and fairly lively. The bass is a completely different sound, but you get all frequencies. I absolutely cant get the nessesary level for my preferences, so its a no go for me, but it goes to show that on this hp you dont have to drag details, speed and engagement out of it. Thats a contrast to many HP with far higher sensitivity i have tried on portable devices - eg the shure srh840.
We have to add that the hp is probably a benchmark for perfectly leaking and transparent to noise from outside - add a strong portable amp, and you can become the most hated commuter
Wouldn't they just take the lid off and look inside? It's not locked.
They did! But then they noticed foam glued to the bottom, and decided that drilling a hole would be less intrusive way to check this than detaching the foam... ok, that's stupid theory :). Balancing air pressure makes more sense.
Anyway, I love how they sound. Bass in electronic music sound really good. It's not over-bloated like in cheaper closed headphones and yet present and super-tight. It's probably because they have a very balanced FR, and presence of bass upper harmonics gives it impression of quick disappearance. Also it could be caused by planar magnetic technology and open back combined, which gives it very fast decay in low frequencies. I'd really like to see how they measure, then I would know if there is something to ever improve. Tyll from InnerFidelity is going to review them soon then we should see.
The 560 work well w portable players like 901 (with minibox card) and DX100, but no where near how they are capable of w a desktop setup (even just a Merier CC). AK120 can make them loud enough, that's about it, I won't listen to music w these two together unless stuck another amp in between.
Yep. The 4s were my first introduction to the planar world and BOY did I love them!
I offered them to my dad to keep them around (well, he's in France, I'm in L.A. now, but still ).
When I got the HE-500, I was using NFB-3.1 + Matrix M-Stage. The sound was so resolving, bigger and (much) lusher with the 500s that I decided to leave the 4s on the side.
Few months later I got the SA-31 amp and, out of curiosity, tried the HE-4 back on them. They scaled so nicely with power that they were not so far off the 500s anymore. Different tonality and overall take in the sound (clean vs lush) for sure, but soundstage and details were not behind the 500 anymore!
The 560 are everything I wished a more refined - and easier to drive - HE-4 would be. Fang and his crew listened to my wishes .
Would you then say HE-560 is a replacement for HE-4 and is closest to it than to every other Hifiman phone?
^This. I am looking for comparisons between these two. I have the 4 (I got rid of the 400 and 500). If the 560 is better, then I need to look at this with more intent. Or, wait for the 400i ? Decisions, decisions...
Any chance that Fang will be changing the cable with the latest "version" of the HE-560? I noticed that quite a few people (myself included) are not totally satisfied with the rubber casing of the cables (it isn't very flexible and feels quite cheap), and I wonder if that is also being taken into account as changes are being made to the headphones themselves.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 7 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 39 seconds ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 5 minutes ago
- › Need help narrowing my options 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3