They do. But if there was a real damage then it could come out after some time. This theory about pressure changes seems to bit improbable to me. Maybe these holes were drilled by Hong Kong police searching for drugs in packages, and Fang made up this story?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HIFIMAN Edition X Loaner Program Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:22am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 154
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Absolutely. On my Samsung Note 3 it can actually play with many details and fairly lively. The bass is a completely different sound, but you get all frequencies. I absolutely cant get the nessesary level for my preferences, so its a no go for me, but it goes to show that on this hp you dont have to drag details, speed and engagement out of it. Thats a contrast to many HP with far higher sensitivity i have tried on portable devices - eg the shure srh840.
We have to add that the hp is probably a benchmark for perfectly leaking and transparent to noise from outside - add a strong portable amp, and you can become the most hated commuter
Wouldn't they just take the lid off and look inside? It's not locked.
They did! But then they noticed foam glued to the bottom, and decided that drilling a hole would be less intrusive way to check this than detaching the foam... ok, that's stupid theory :). Balancing air pressure makes more sense.
Anyway, I love how they sound. Bass in electronic music sound really good. It's not over-bloated like in cheaper closed headphones and yet present and super-tight. It's probably because they have a very balanced FR, and presence of bass upper harmonics gives it impression of quick disappearance. Also it could be caused by planar magnetic technology and open back combined, which gives it very fast decay in low frequencies. I'd really like to see how they measure, then I would know if there is something to ever improve. Tyll from InnerFidelity is going to review them soon then we should see.
The 560 work well w portable players like 901 (with minibox card) and DX100, but no where near how they are capable of w a desktop setup (even just a Merier CC). AK120 can make them loud enough, that's about it, I won't listen to music w these two together unless stuck another amp in between.
Yep. The 4s were my first introduction to the planar world and BOY did I love them!
I offered them to my dad to keep them around (well, he's in France, I'm in L.A. now, but still ).
When I got the HE-500, I was using NFB-3.1 + Matrix M-Stage. The sound was so resolving, bigger and (much) lusher with the 500s that I decided to leave the 4s on the side.
Few months later I got the SA-31 amp and, out of curiosity, tried the HE-4 back on them. They scaled so nicely with power that they were not so far off the 500s anymore. Different tonality and overall take in the sound (clean vs lush) for sure, but soundstage and details were not behind the 500 anymore!
The 560 are everything I wished a more refined - and easier to drive - HE-4 would be. Fang and his crew listened to my wishes .
Would you then say HE-560 is a replacement for HE-4 and is closest to it than to every other Hifiman phone?
^This. I am looking for comparisons between these two. I have the 4 (I got rid of the 400 and 500). If the 560 is better, then I need to look at this with more intent. Or, wait for the 400i ? Decisions, decisions...
Any chance that Fang will be changing the cable with the latest "version" of the HE-560? I noticed that quite a few people (myself included) are not totally satisfied with the rubber casing of the cables (it isn't very flexible and feels quite cheap), and I wonder if that is also being taken into account as changes are being made to the headphones themselves.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › beyer t70 & t70p NEW! 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 4 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 4 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse