They do. But if there was a real damage then it could come out after some time. This theory about pressure changes seems to bit improbable to me. Maybe these holes were drilled by Hong Kong police searching for drugs in packages, and Fang made up this story?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:27 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 154
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Absolutely. On my Samsung Note 3 it can actually play with many details and fairly lively. The bass is a completely different sound, but you get all frequencies. I absolutely cant get the nessesary level for my preferences, so its a no go for me, but it goes to show that on this hp you dont have to drag details, speed and engagement out of it. Thats a contrast to many HP with far higher sensitivity i have tried on portable devices - eg the shure srh840.
We have to add that the hp is probably a benchmark for perfectly leaking and transparent to noise from outside - add a strong portable amp, and you can become the most hated commuter
Wouldn't they just take the lid off and look inside? It's not locked.
They did! But then they noticed foam glued to the bottom, and decided that drilling a hole would be less intrusive way to check this than detaching the foam... ok, that's stupid theory :). Balancing air pressure makes more sense.
Anyway, I love how they sound. Bass in electronic music sound really good. It's not over-bloated like in cheaper closed headphones and yet present and super-tight. It's probably because they have a very balanced FR, and presence of bass upper harmonics gives it impression of quick disappearance. Also it could be caused by planar magnetic technology and open back combined, which gives it very fast decay in low frequencies. I'd really like to see how they measure, then I would know if there is something to ever improve. Tyll from InnerFidelity is going to review them soon then we should see.
The 560 work well w portable players like 901 (with minibox card) and DX100, but no where near how they are capable of w a desktop setup (even just a Merier CC). AK120 can make them loud enough, that's about it, I won't listen to music w these two together unless stuck another amp in between.
Yep. The 4s were my first introduction to the planar world and BOY did I love them!
I offered them to my dad to keep them around (well, he's in France, I'm in L.A. now, but still ).
When I got the HE-500, I was using NFB-3.1 + Matrix M-Stage. The sound was so resolving, bigger and (much) lusher with the 500s that I decided to leave the 4s on the side.
Few months later I got the SA-31 amp and, out of curiosity, tried the HE-4 back on them. They scaled so nicely with power that they were not so far off the 500s anymore. Different tonality and overall take in the sound (clean vs lush) for sure, but soundstage and details were not behind the 500 anymore!
The 560 are everything I wished a more refined - and easier to drive - HE-4 would be. Fang and his crew listened to my wishes .
Would you then say HE-560 is a replacement for HE-4 and is closest to it than to every other Hifiman phone?
^This. I am looking for comparisons between these two. I have the 4 (I got rid of the 400 and 500). If the 560 is better, then I need to look at this with more intent. Or, wait for the 400i ? Decisions, decisions...
Any chance that Fang will be changing the cable with the latest "version" of the HE-560? I noticed that quite a few people (myself included) are not totally satisfied with the rubber casing of the cables (it isn't very flexible and feels quite cheap), and I wonder if that is also being taken into account as changes are being made to the headphones themselves.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Audeze LCD-4 19 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why XLR-to-RCA Instead of XLR-to-XLR? 3 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2