They do. But if there was a real damage then it could come out after some time. This theory about pressure changes seems to bit improbable to me. Maybe these holes were drilled by Hong Kong police searching for drugs in packages, and Fang made up this story?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 6/23/16 at 7:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 154
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Absolutely. On my Samsung Note 3 it can actually play with many details and fairly lively. The bass is a completely different sound, but you get all frequencies. I absolutely cant get the nessesary level for my preferences, so its a no go for me, but it goes to show that on this hp you dont have to drag details, speed and engagement out of it. Thats a contrast to many HP with far higher sensitivity i have tried on portable devices - eg the shure srh840.
We have to add that the hp is probably a benchmark for perfectly leaking and transparent to noise from outside - add a strong portable amp, and you can become the most hated commuter
Wouldn't they just take the lid off and look inside? It's not locked.
They did! But then they noticed foam glued to the bottom, and decided that drilling a hole would be less intrusive way to check this than detaching the foam... ok, that's stupid theory :). Balancing air pressure makes more sense.
Anyway, I love how they sound. Bass in electronic music sound really good. It's not over-bloated like in cheaper closed headphones and yet present and super-tight. It's probably because they have a very balanced FR, and presence of bass upper harmonics gives it impression of quick disappearance. Also it could be caused by planar magnetic technology and open back combined, which gives it very fast decay in low frequencies. I'd really like to see how they measure, then I would know if there is something to ever improve. Tyll from InnerFidelity is going to review them soon then we should see.
The 560 work well w portable players like 901 (with minibox card) and DX100, but no where near how they are capable of w a desktop setup (even just a Merier CC). AK120 can make them loud enough, that's about it, I won't listen to music w these two together unless stuck another amp in between.
Yep. The 4s were my first introduction to the planar world and BOY did I love them!
I offered them to my dad to keep them around (well, he's in France, I'm in L.A. now, but still ).
When I got the HE-500, I was using NFB-3.1 + Matrix M-Stage. The sound was so resolving, bigger and (much) lusher with the 500s that I decided to leave the 4s on the side.
Few months later I got the SA-31 amp and, out of curiosity, tried the HE-4 back on them. They scaled so nicely with power that they were not so far off the 500s anymore. Different tonality and overall take in the sound (clean vs lush) for sure, but soundstage and details were not behind the 500 anymore!
The 560 are everything I wished a more refined - and easier to drive - HE-4 would be. Fang and his crew listened to my wishes .
Would you then say HE-560 is a replacement for HE-4 and is closest to it than to every other Hifiman phone?
^This. I am looking for comparisons between these two. I have the 4 (I got rid of the 400 and 500). If the 560 is better, then I need to look at this with more intent. Or, wait for the 400i ? Decisions, decisions...
Any chance that Fang will be changing the cable with the latest "version" of the HE-560? I noticed that quite a few people (myself included) are not totally satisfied with the rubber casing of the cables (it isn't very flexible and feels quite cheap), and I wonder if that is also being taken into account as changes are being made to the headphones themselves.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 43 seconds ago
- › Ath-ad900x/ad700x vs dt770 pro 80 ohm 1 minute ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...