- 1,056 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/17/15 at 10:58am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/9/15 at 10:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OK, now we officially have the first modded HE-560 on Earth... It is a record, for sure. A couple hours after the first production samples have landed.
This will start giving HiFiMAN some ideas for a mk2, in case that ever needs to happen...
I guess most of us wasn't expecting anything other than that from jerg. I really appreciate the early impressions as well as the early mods.
I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want
Time for another quick update. We are hoping to start the HE-560 pre-order in the second half of March, and start shipping at the end of March or beginning of April. This is the current plan.
Review samples are being shipped out in one or two weeks. Jerg will be one of the person who will get one pair. Jerg inspired us and helped us with the earpad design. For that we are truly appreciated what he has done. It is that simple. He writes whatever he wants. We don't read before hand, and we don't really want to.
To me music is a very personally experience. Enjoying music and being obsessed about the Hi-fi equipments is also a very personally experience. Of course one's own opinion will sound "biased" in someone else's mind. Anyone who is willing to spend the time and energy to write a review about a product, publish it to the public and accept the fact that he/she will be called out eventually got to have his own opinion. Anyway, i don't know what i am talking about. We are just grateful that our products have brought joy to many head-fiers around the world, and we will continue to make the best product we could with the best SQ and the best value.
btw, this reminds me of a review i read couple days ago published by Tom's hardware about Hi-fi Audio. This is what an "objective" review will look like if written by someone who doesn't get Hi-fi. ;-)
I think they are almost exactly the same. HE560 is obviously less dark than HE500, so it might appear a tad louder just because of that.
I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want
LOL, I didn't find anything regarding "modding however he wants".
Just kidding, of course. Please keep up the excellent work!
I've already bought myself a couple of these and put on the F5 key.
Ok got these fromm DHL today and they are the lightest planar I have heard. They sound very promising and I like the fit and better yet the ear pads are a major improvement.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 7:10pm
Hey Frank, let me know if you write an impressions/review as well, I can hyperlink it in the thread original post.
I will do that also. The review is going to be a featured review in Part Time Audiophile but I will be posting regularly here as well. I will give you the link when it is ready for publishing. They are pretty comfortable and very transparent. I did some bass sweep on them today and they are pretty hard hitting but maybe not as deep as the HE500 or the HE6 but they sound excellent.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 50 seconds ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Schiit Uber stack - ~£400 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › NFB-11 issues? Or am I using it wrong? 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2