- 1,047 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- New Hifiman HE-560 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:31am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Comparison Review: HD-800, HD-700, PM-1, and HE-560 Last post on 1/24/15 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New York mini meet : hifiman he1000 headphones/ ef1000 amplifiers Jan 17 and 18 after 2pm Last post on 1/18/15 at 8:40pm in Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OK, now we officially have the first modded HE-560 on Earth... It is a record, for sure. A couple hours after the first production samples have landed.
This will start giving HiFiMAN some ideas for a mk2, in case that ever needs to happen...
I guess most of us wasn't expecting anything other than that from jerg. I really appreciate the early impressions as well as the early mods.
I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want
Time for another quick update. We are hoping to start the HE-560 pre-order in the second half of March, and start shipping at the end of March or beginning of April. This is the current plan.
Review samples are being shipped out in one or two weeks. Jerg will be one of the person who will get one pair. Jerg inspired us and helped us with the earpad design. For that we are truly appreciated what he has done. It is that simple. He writes whatever he wants. We don't read before hand, and we don't really want to.
To me music is a very personally experience. Enjoying music and being obsessed about the Hi-fi equipments is also a very personally experience. Of course one's own opinion will sound "biased" in someone else's mind. Anyone who is willing to spend the time and energy to write a review about a product, publish it to the public and accept the fact that he/she will be called out eventually got to have his own opinion. Anyway, i don't know what i am talking about. We are just grateful that our products have brought joy to many head-fiers around the world, and we will continue to make the best product we could with the best SQ and the best value.
btw, this reminds me of a review i read couple days ago published by Tom's hardware about Hi-fi Audio. This is what an "objective" review will look like if written by someone who doesn't get Hi-fi. ;-)
I think they are almost exactly the same. HE560 is obviously less dark than HE500, so it might appear a tad louder just because of that.
I have written permission from Hifiman to say whatever I want
LOL, I didn't find anything regarding "modding however he wants".
Just kidding, of course. Please keep up the excellent work!
I've already bought myself a couple of these and put on the F5 key.
Ok got these fromm DHL today and they are the lightest planar I have heard. They sound very promising and I like the fit and better yet the ear pads are a major improvement.
Edited by Frank I - 3/27/14 at 7:10pm
Hey Frank, let me know if you write an impressions/review as well, I can hyperlink it in the thread original post.
I will do that also. The review is going to be a featured review in Part Time Audiophile but I will be posting regularly here as well. I will give you the link when it is ready for publishing. They are pretty comfortable and very transparent. I did some bass sweep on them today and they are pretty hard hitting but maybe not as deep as the HE500 or the HE6 but they sound excellent.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 4 minutes ago
- › (PLEASE DELETE) Looking for new headphones under $250 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones under $250 4 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 5 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3