Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 121

post #1801 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post

I got my sumptuous HE-560's in last night ...

... listening at low volume levels was nothing short of brilliant.  The level of detail that you are able to get from them with minimal volume is hard to imagine.  It literally loses no texture with the volume knob being turned down to almost a whisper. ...





My ears are picky when it comes to details..
Your statement is a key point I cannot say about my PM1. .
I could say very well, but could never say brilliant. .
Hmmm (!)
popcorn.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/3/14 at 1:59pm
post #1802 of 5750

Oh, and for comfort, I have been reading a book and typing on this forum for two hours now and i haven't moved them an inch, practically have "disappeared".  Ya, they are that comfortable.

post #1803 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


My ears are picky when it comes to details..
Your statement is a key point I cannot say about my PM1. .
I could say very well, but could never say brilliant. .
Hmmm (!)
popcorn.gif

If it helps, I am new to this game so i don't know how perfectly valid my statements are.  With that being said though, i can sit here and turn the knob to almost no volume and it is still easy for me to pick up the slightest detail in a song that i am familiar with.  It just doesn't seem to go away to me, it's amazing for me

post #1804 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post

If it helps, I am new to this game so i don't know how perfectly valid my statements are.  With that being said though, i can sit here and turn the knob to almost no volume and it is still easy for me to pick up the slightest detail in a song that i am familiar with.  It just doesn't seem to go away to me, it's amazing for me

Although you may not have any experience with other gear.
Your observation remains valid.

It is a key trait to look for in evaluating on any gear..
Lower volume needed for listening satisfaction,
is always a sign of superiority in the item.
post #1805 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Although you may not have any experience with other gear.
Your observation remains valid.

It is a key trait to look for in evaluating on any gear..
Lower volume needed for listening satisfaction,
is always a sign of superiority in the item.

 

This. 

post #1806 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Although you may not have any experience with other gear.
Your observation remains valid.

It is a key trait to look for in evaluating on any gear..
Lower volume needed for listening satisfaction,
is always a sign of superiority in the item.

It's limited experience at best.  But, with anything else, it seemed to be, to get the details out of music i had to get the volume to a decent level volume to extract some of those subtle violin strings or piano strokes. With the HE-560's, i can get those at seemingly any level, and that is wonderful because i don't like to read or post on forms with music blasting in my ears:).  But thank you for the compliment, it is much appreciated.

post #1807 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

It's limited experience at best.  But, with anything else, it seemed to be, to get the details out of music i had to get the volume to a decent level volume to extract some of those subtle violin strings or piano strokes. With the HE-560's, i can get those at seemingly any level, and that is wonderful because i don't like to read or post on forms with music blasting in my ears:).  But thank you for the compliment, it is much appreciated.

 

If you go above 75-85 dB, you stop listening to music and get stimulated by the physical wave energy produced...  You can get details out of low-volume listening, as long as you're surroundings are quiet enough and your headphones isolate well enough (if the surroundings aren't quiet). 

post #1808 of 5750
Thread Starter 

Got a chance to compare the HE560 to HD800, LCD3, Code-X today (in a private setting). I might post something later to elaborate on that.


Edited by jerg - 5/3/14 at 3:33pm
post #1809 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Got a chance to compare the HE560 to HD800, LCD3, Code-X today (in a private setting). I might post something later to elaborate on that.

I, for one, would greatly appreciate if you were to elaborate... Later. At your convenience of course!
post #1810 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Just messin' with you. ;)

I guess we should all sign our screen names when we sell each other gear- just to keep track.

post #1811 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Got a chance to compare the HE560 to HD800, LCD3, Code-X today (in a private setting). I might post something later to elaborate on that.
CODE X?
post #1812 of 5750

Hey, sorry if there's already a bit about this, but is there anywhere I can find some comparisons between this can and an Audeze LCD-2?  The new HE-560 seems to be in the same price range, but I'm wondering what some of the flavor differences would be... (Again I'm sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, I've been trying to poke around head-fi)

post #1813 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

CODE X?

Edit: modded he-5 by lff
post #1814 of 5750
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

CODE X?
Same question ..
Edit ok
Edited by Maxx134 - 5/3/14 at 4:30pm
post #1815 of 5750
Thread Starter 

I'll write a fairly in-depth piece on my impressions of primarily HE560 vs HD800, but also touch upon LCD3 and Code-X. It will be all my opinion and preference, keep that in mind when you guys read it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =