or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 111

post #1651 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

You present a statement, not an argument. Again, why would a comparative study of crappy sound be a better guide to judge relative merits of headphones than something properly recorded?

Why would you assume that I am solely judging HE560's dynamics based on the Bruce Springsteen album? I just happened to listen to it yesterday and made an observation.

 

I had the damn phones for a month now and have thoroughly reviewed them through all genres of music at my disposal, most of which have great dynamic range.

 

So...I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to be arguing about, lol?

post #1652 of 17297

I always listen to the soundtrack for RWBY first. I simply love Casey Williams' vocals, plus it's in my favorite genre group.

For anyone to pique their interest - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNtcP6EXm3s&list=PLCZ1zMlAC-DvfjanCO2wF8oqMY1QbyBRF

 

Also, love a lot of OSTs for games in general. Like The Last of Us and its add-on, Left Behind... Again, if anyone wants to hear some - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5H0pkxFPkw&list=PL8ewBDH5ZkrUqmzDJvyIPoUcM8qLsJ2bZ but I suspect this won't give nearly the same emotional depth if you haven't played the game...

FYI :beerchug:

 

Hope the 560 will do greatly with these two :]


Edited by conquerator2 - 4/30/14 at 11:38am
post #1653 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post


Actually from the non-actual frequency response curves mentioned earlier, they very much match almost exactly the EQ boost I gave the PM1 from 2khz up, to make it more lively,
So off the bat I am assuming a more livelier can with tighter bass..
tongue.gif

I certainly hope so! 

post #1654 of 17297

Well, seems like only a few headphones have shipped, a preliminary batch if you will.

Neither head-direct nor anyone else [dealers] has been shipping, not even the first batch.

The first batch has been delayed by a few days, possibly a week, according to HiFiMAN HQ.

So maybe a few straight from China? Certainly not head-direct's first batch...

post #1655 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post
 

 

Guys, my suggestion of this as test material was a joke,the point being that if it could make that recording sound better it must be a spectacular headphone. I would not use it for a comparative test of any phone's capabilities.

 

But I do know what the first track I will listen to is now.  :bigsmile_face:

 

I don't know. If it is a crappy/muddy recording (which it is) then it should sound crappy/muddy. If detail on a crappy recording is "enhanced", a good recording might sound overbearing and bright?

post #1656 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

Well, seems like only a few headphones have shipped, a preliminary batch if you will.
Neither head-direct nor anyone else [dealers] has been shipping, not even the first batch.
The first batch has been delayed by a few days, possibly a week, according to HiFiMAN HQ.
So maybe a few straight from China? Certainly not head-direct's first batch...
That definitely seems plausible. Where did you get the 1 week delay from the Hifiman HQ? Talk to someone from customer service yourself?
post #1657 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

Why would you assume that I am solely judging HE560's dynamics based on the Bruce Springsteen album? I just happened to listen to it yesterday and made an observation.

 

I had the damn phones for a month now and have thoroughly reviewed them through all genres of music at my disposal, most of which have great dynamic range.

 

So...I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to be arguing about, lol?

I'm not assuming anything, my question was simply why technically bad source material would be better than good material for a qualitative comparison, as you seemed to imply in #1645.  

 

And no offence meant but while I absolutely appreciate your impressions, they're the impressions of a single individual who may or may not have had the stock production version at his disposal at this point.  Some of the methods used to describe things may well be very illustrative, such as the FQ-plots with your 'opinion' plot overlaid on them, but they're also very relative as you're comparing an objective measurement with a necessarily flawed objectivisation of a subjective impression (I won't bother with a list of problems associated with that but if someone insists, just whistle...).  Apples and oranges.

 

Again, I understand what you're trying to illustrate but imo the 'new toy syndrome' is hitting hard among some posters and my 'hype-build in progress' detector has gone off a long time back.

 

No personal attack intended, just my 2c, everybody's free to disagree and my opinion's worth what you guys are paying for it so blast away at me if the inclination strikes, I won't take offence..

post #1658 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
 

I'm not assuming anything, my question was simply why technically bad source material would be better than good material for a qualitative comparison, as you seemed to imply in #1645.  

 

And no offence meant but while I absolutely appreciate your impressions, they're the impressions of a single individual who may or may not have had the stock production version at his disposal at this point.  Some of the methods used to describe things may well be very illustrative, such as the FQ-plots with your 'opinion' plot overlaid on them, but they're also very relative as you're comparing an objective measurement with a necessarily flawed objectivisation of a subjective impression (I won't bother with a list of problems associated with that but if someone insists, just whistle...).  Apples and oranges.

 

Again, I understand what you're trying to illustrate but imo the 'new toy syndrome' is hitting hard among some posters and my 'hype-build in progress' detector has gone off a long time back.

 

No personal attack intended, just my 2c, everybody's free to disagree and my opinion's worth what you guys are paying for it so blast away at me if the inclination strikes, I won't take offence..

The bulk of my constructive impressions are at in the review in the first post of this thread, they've been there for a while now. I'm not sure if your assessment is on things I posted recently or also encompassing those.

 

As for the little FR overlay thing, yeah it's subjective but it's a fairly reliable subjective method using a tone-generation program and my ears; and I've been disclaimering that what the post represented was qualitative assessment of the FR based on what I hear. No one is under the "new toy syndrome" right this second, as I've had the test unit for weeks now, while everyone else here has probably not even heard the unit yet.

 

As for your suspicion that I'm trying to build hype, yes and no, I'm trying to feed a stream of information to let everyone aware of what I feel HE560s are like, whether it be good or bad for their preferences. It's just no one else is doing it due to a lack of availability so I'm doing what I hope is a cool little public service.

 

If you think some of my illustrative impressions are leading people astray, yeah you may be right, I kinda regret posting the FR drawing thing about 30 minutes after I posted it, but it was too late and a couple of people already started misinterpreting it.


Edited by jerg - 4/30/14 at 4:28pm
post #1659 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
 

I'm not assuming anything, my question was simply why technically bad source material would be better than good material for a qualitative comparison, as you seemed to imply in #1645.  

 

And no offence meant but while I absolutely appreciate your impressions, they're the impressions of a single individual who may or may not have had the stock production version at his disposal at this point.  Some of the methods used to describe things may well be very illustrative, such as the FQ-plots with your 'opinion' plot overlaid on them, but they're also very relative as you're comparing an objective measurement with a necessarily flawed objectivisation of a subjective impression (I won't bother with a list of problems associated with that but if someone insists, just whistle...).  Apples and oranges.

 

Again, I understand what you're trying to illustrate but imo the 'new toy syndrome' is hitting hard among some posters and my 'hype-build in progress' detector has gone off a long time back.

 

No personal attack intended, just my 2c, everybody's free to disagree and my opinion's worth what you guys are paying for it so blast away at me if the inclination strikes, I won't take offence..

 

As a former teacher of the English language, I have no choice but to give the annual ka-ka/poo poo award to the phrase indicated above. :ph34r: Sorry but it must be done and congratulations to you sir. 


Edited by MattTCG - 4/30/14 at 5:26pm
post #1660 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

As a former teacher of the English language, I have no choice but to give the annual ka-ka/poo poo award to the phrase indicated above. :ph34r: Sorry but it must be done and congratulations to you sir. 

:beerchug:

post #1661 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Well, seems like only a few headphones have shipped, a preliminary batch if you will.

Neither head-direct nor anyone else [dealers] has been shipping, not even the first batch.

The first batch has been delayed by a few days, possibly a week, according to HiFiMAN HQ.

So maybe a few straight from China? Certainly not head-direct's first batch...

I think this would be correct.  If it helps anyone, I received an email straight from Hifiman customer service that said and i quote "If there is anything wrong with the HE-560 you receive, please contact me".  So i'm guessing the same. The shipping is straight from Hong-Kong too.  Fingers crossed.

post #1662 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

I think this would be correct.  If it helps anyone, I received an email straight from Hifiman customer service that said and i quote "If there is anything wrong with the HE-560 you receive, please contact me".  So i'm guessing the same. The shipping is straight from Hong-Kong too.  Fingers crossed.

 

Ditto, my email and shipping was direct from China. 

 

Looks like I paid for 2 day shipping from USPS, same as cute.  Could that have anything to do with which units are getting shipped out?

post #1663 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post
 

 

Ditto, my email and shipping was direct from China. 

 

Looks like I paid for 2 day shipping from USPS, same as cute.  Could that have anything to do with which units are getting shipped out?

I didn't pay for expedited shipping and mine was sent out... hmmm

post #1664 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJochum24 View Post
 

I think this would be correct.  If it helps anyone, I received an email straight from Hifiman customer service that said and i quote "If there is anything wrong with the HE-560 you receive, please contact me".  So i'm guessing the same. The shipping is straight from Hong-Kong too.  Fingers crossed.

 

Ditto, my email and shipping was direct from China. 

 

Looks like I paid for 2 day shipping from USPS, same as cute.  Could that have anything to do with which units are getting shipped out?

 

Did you get tracking information?  I was told mine was shipping, but I didn't get tracking or shipping information!

post #1665 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

 

Did you get tracking information?  I was told mine was shipping, but I didn't get tracking or shipping information!

Got tracking info with mine.  No estimated date of arrival yet though..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =