To those that had their order shipped, where is it coming from? Directly from china?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
1MORE Capsual Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Many Head-Fiers will be familiar with Brainwavz already as they have a fairly large user group within the community. Brainwavz has a large inventory of quality earphones at reasonable...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 110
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Same with me on the Springsteen, the original mix was never good and the "remaster" was no better, if not worse.
Maybe that should be measurement for all new phones: How good does "Born to Run" sound? Will definitely try it on these cans.
still waiting for my shipment confirmation but its nice to see a few people getting theirs. can't wait for some new impressions and seeing how well these synergize with everyone's gear.
hey cute thought you canceled your order? I'll be looking forward to your speaker tapped comparisons with the oppp v he560
I reordered them two days ago, need to compare them to the PM-1. Hope they don't sound thin, (560) in comparison, as someone who has both eluded to!
So I would assume the earlier pre orders went thru first, but haven't reached dealers yet...
Unless all orders shipping straight from Hong Kong.
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/30/14 at 7:45am
So off the bat I am assuming a more livelier can with tighter bass..
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/30/14 at 7:52am
It's really enthralling now; you get a great sense of 3-dimensionality from the mastering (it's still a "wall of sound" effect, but not flat any more), and all the drums and snares feel very physical in impact, with a good sense of presence.
It's the perfect track for testing headphone dynamics precisely BECAUSE of its terrible dynamic range (not to mention intrinsically restrictive imaging/layering), in case you haven't noticed.
Jerg, are you hearing the album on CD? Or is it a flac file ? Or any other source? Thanks
FLAC of the original 1975 CD.
Edited by jerg - 4/30/14 at 8:59am
Well to challenge the headphone of course!
See how it does with uneven dynamic range, etc.
Many good headphones perform poorly in such circumstances so it's a testament to something
I don't know why you just took a 180 degree turn on the train of discussion, this has nothing to do with the Bruce Springsteen / dynamics topic we are on?
Anyhow to answer your question, it's not better or worse, just a different approach that offers a different perspective.
Guys, my suggestion of this as test material was a joke,the point being that if it could make that recording sound better it must be a spectacular headphone. I would not use it for a comparative test of any phone's capabilities.
But I do know what the first track I will listen to is now.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 28 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 31 seconds ago
- › 25% Off Chesky 30th Anniversary Digital Box Set 32 seconds ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Xduoo Amplifiers 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble BTS (NEW / not used) 2 minutes ago
- › Please help with over-ear V-Shaped sound headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear