or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 110

post #1636 of 17297

To those that had their order shipped, where is it coming from? Directly from china?

post #1637 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

I always thought Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run album felt flat-sounding, like a flat coke. These cans really make the album breathe.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

 Wow, that's a very important data point for me. I felt the same way about the album. It sounded better listening through my SR 007. I'll probably pull the trigger sooner than I thought.

 

Same with me on the Springsteen, the original mix was never good and the "remaster" was no better, if not worse.

 

Maybe that should be measurement for all new phones:  How good does "Born to Run" sound?  Will definitely try it on these cans.

post #1638 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
 

To those that had their order shipped, where is it coming from? Directly from china?

 

DHL Express from Hong Kong.

post #1639 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfungus View Post

still waiting for my shipment confirmation but its nice to see a few people getting theirs. can't wait for some new impressions and seeing how well these synergize with everyone's gear.

hey cute thought you canceled your order? I'll be looking forward to your speaker tapped comparisons with the oppp v he560

 

I reordered them two days ago, need to compare them to the PM-1.  Hope they don't sound thin, (560) in comparison, as someone who has both eluded to!

post #1640 of 17297
It seems like the notices of shipment only coming from head - direct .
So I would assume the earlier pre orders went thru first, but haven't reached dealers yet...

Unless all orders shipping straight from Hong Kong.
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/30/14 at 7:45am
post #1641 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

I reordered them two days ago, need to compare them to the PM-1.  Hope they don't sound thin, (560) in comparison, as someone who has both eluded to!
Actually from the non-actual frequency response curves mentioned earlier, they very much match almost exactly the EQ boost I gave the PM1 from 2khz up, to make it more lively,
So off the bat I am assuming a more livelier can with tighter bass..
tongue.gif
Edited by Maxx134 - 4/30/14 at 7:52am
post #1642 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogodei View Post
 

 

 

Same with me on the Springsteen, the original mix was never good and the "remaster" was no better, if not worse.

 

Maybe that should be measurement for all new phones:  How good does "Born to Run" sound?  Will definitely try it on these cans.

It's really enthralling now; you get a great sense of 3-dimensionality from the mastering (it's still a "wall of sound" effect, but not flat any more), and all the drums and snares feel very physical in impact, with a good sense of presence.

post #1643 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It's really enthralling now; you get a great sense of 3-dimensionality from the mastering (it's still a "wall of sound" effect, but not flat any more), and all the drums and snares feel very physical in impact, with a good sense of presence.
Jerg, are you hearing the album on CD? Or is it a flac file ? Or any other source? Thanks
post #1644 of 17297
Depending on the version, that track has a dynamic 'range' of between 7 and 15 dB. Not exactly the gold standard for judging headphone performance. Elevate your sights, gentlemen.
post #1645 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

Depending on the version, that track has a dynamic 'range' of between 7 and 15 dB. Not exactly the gold standard for judging headphone performance. Elevate your sights, gentlemen.

It's the perfect track for testing headphone dynamics precisely BECAUSE of its terrible dynamic range (not to mention intrinsically restrictive imaging/layering), in case you haven't noticed. :o 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post


Jerg, are you hearing the album on CD? Or is it a flac file ? Or any other source? Thanks
 

FLAC of the original 1975 CD.


Edited by jerg - 4/30/14 at 8:59am
post #1646 of 17297
Not my type of music I'm afraid. But why would it be better to judge comparative headphone performance than something properly recorded?
post #1647 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

Not my type of music I'm afraid. But why would it be better to judge comparative headphone performance than something properly recorded?

Well to challenge the headphone of course!
See how it does with uneven dynamic range, etc.
Many good headphones perform poorly in such circumstances so it's a testament to something wink.gif
post #1648 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

Not my type of music I'm afraid. But why would it be better to judge comparative headphone performance than something properly recorded?

I don't know why you just took a 180 degree turn on the train of discussion, this has nothing to do with the Bruce Springsteen / dynamics topic we are on? :confused_face(1):

 

Anyhow to answer your question, it's not better or worse, just a different approach that offers a different perspective. 

post #1649 of 17297
You present a statement, not an argument. Again, why would a comparative study of crappy sound be a better guide to judge relative merits of headphones than something properly recorded?
post #1650 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post

You present a statement, not an argument. Again, why would a comparative study of crappy sound be a better guide to judge relative merits of headphones than something properly recorded?

 

Guys, my suggestion of this as test material was a joke,the point being that if it could make that recording sound better it must be a spectacular headphone. I would not use it for a comparative test of any phone's capabilities.

 

But I do know what the first track I will listen to is now.  :bigsmile_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =